Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 11:18 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I actually got a thing for the hot 40 somethings.. I'm not really big into wining and dining, but OP if you want to try to some pretty exotic and tasty Middle Eastern or Indian food, I know some real good joints.. Some of them even give you real silverware instead of those paper plates and plastic utensils. If you seem like a real keeper, I may even foot the whole bill.

Oh yes, I love long walks on the beach...

Do, I sound appealing or what??

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest, land of improperly behaved and smooth talking men
OP, note that he's in Idaho....

None of the Indian restaurants I've been to in Seattle serve w/paper dishes & plastic utensils. They all use silverware and linen napkins. I've never encountered an Indian restaurant anywhere that didn't use silverware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 12:04 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, note that he's in Idaho....

None of the Indian restaurants I've been to in Seattle serve w/paper dishes & plastic utensils. They all use silverware and linen napkins. I've never encountered an Indian restaurant anywhere that didn't use silverware.
Ruth, please note, I will be in Seattle in a couple days looking for a place to live..

True, the Indian restaurants usually provide sliverware, even though I tend to use roti or tandoori to eat my masalas or curries.. THat is how they do it in India..

Anyhow, you obviously have not eaten at all the Middle Eastern places in the Puget Sound .. Trust me, they don't all give you silverware.. LOL Or, sometimes they do provide silverware, but it is not always clean..

Hey, all that matters to me is the taste of the food, not the ambiance or price.. Like I said, I'd even take a woman out to a place like this and pay the whole bill if she was that special lady

Old 01-22-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Ruth, please note, I will be in Seattle in a couple days looking for a place to live..

True, the Indian restaurants usually provide sliverware, even though I tend to use roti or tandoori to eat my masalas or curries.. THat is how they do it in India..

Anyhow, you obviously have not eaten at all the Middle Eastern places in the Puget Sound .. Trust me, they don't all give you silverware.. LOL Or, sometimes they do provide silverware, but it is not always clean..

Hey, all that matters to me is the taste of the food, not the ambiance or price.. Like I said, I'd even take a woman out to a place like this and pay the whole bill if she was that special lady
You've moving BACK?! I thought you hated Seattle & the social scene, or lack thereof...?

I didn't mention the Middle Eastern places for a reason. I only addressed the Indian restaurants.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:43 AM

735 posts, read 871,935 times
And in six months or six weeks I am sure we're going to be hearing him complain about how awful Seattle is and how terrible everyone is.

Rotse, I have pointed this out before, you have moved and have been unhappy with how everyone treats you and you blame the cities and the residents, but the one thing that you don't take into account is that the one constant is yourself. Work on yourself, you seem like a deeply unhappy person and are always quick to lash out. Stop blaming others for your failures and try to understand why everywhere you go you find the same situation.

Take the advice or ignore it, we still live in a free country.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:51 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
I like how RotseCherut tells it like it is. If something is not right, he says so. Seattle is not right right now in many, many ways. And Seattle is my birth city and I will always love it. It's getting overrun by greed and people. And people that, for some strange reason, don't care about getting Seattle Sonic basketball back to town.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
And in six months or six weeks I am sure we're going to be hearing him complain about how awful Seattle is and how terrible everyone is.

Rotse, I have pointed this out before, you have moved and have been unhappy with how everyone treats you and you blame the cities and the residents, but the one thing that you don't take into account is that the one constant is yourself. Work on yourself, you seem like a deeply unhappy person and are always quick to lash out. Stop blaming others for your failures and try to understand why everywhere you go you find the same situation.

I thought he liked the babes in Idaho. This return move is confusing.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You've moving BACK?! I thought you hated Seattle & the social scene, or lack thereof...?

I didn't mention the Middle Eastern places for a reason. I only addressed the Indian restaurants.
I am moving back Ruth. I'm in desperate need of work and Seattle right now has the most booming software market in the country. Seattle has now even surpassed Silicon Valley, for first time ever, in software jobs. Many Californian companies are now moving their main headquarters over to Puget Sound. This is a good thing and I need to jump on it. Seattle was not my first pick of places to live, but a man has got to eat and I think being a software guy Seattle will have potential to me while I try to get back on my feet.

Quote:

Thanks for the good advice.. Are you from California? BTW, welcome to my beloved Pacific Northwest, I grew up here.. You are welcomed, please don't try to fix the place.

I am moving to Seattle not because I love its politics or all the other crap about it, but because I am now unemployed and desparately need a job. I'm moving to Seattle mostly for business reasons. I am out of work software developer who lost his business and have not been on the job market in 15 years. To be honest, I was hoping to move to Nashville, Tampa or somewhere else, but my funds are limited and Seattle is just 8 hours away and I desperately need work.

You don't know my whole situation and there is plenty of problems with Seattle and the entire Northwest. There is also lots of things I have always loved, the trees, mountains, water, etc. Of course, they are bulldozing many of these things and building more overpriced housing tracts and giant corporate condo complexes to make room for all those lovely Californians and East Coast people who need to tell us how to live and how we need to appreciate our lives and not blame others for this or that.

Thanks again and welcome to my beloved Pacific Northwest/Cascadia. Please don't screw it up anymore than it has already been.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
This, this, this. It won't be any different this time, how can it be? Both factors are the same.

As for dating, apparently there are more men than women, so another issue.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I like how RotseCherut tells it like it is. If something is not right, he says so. Seattle is not right right now in many, many ways. And Seattle is my birth city and I will always love it. It's getting overrun by greed and people. And people that, for some strange reason, don't care about getting Seattle Sonic basketball back to town.
I appreciate that someone here likes me.. Thanks for the kind words Elko Portland is not my birth city, but I grew up in Oregon since I was very young and lived for over a decade in Portland starting back in the 90s. So, I think me and you can relate quite a bit about the changes to our fair cities an the different mindsets that have been imported resulting drastic changes to our beloved cities.

Quote:
I thought he liked the babes in Idaho. This return move is confusing.
Idaho has the most beautiful women in the country for the most part. The problem is they tend to marry very young and the town is very, very cliquey. If you are into Boise State University girls you will have a great time. Although, even BSU has, from what I am told, one of the highest married student populations in the country. Idaho was rated one of the worst places for singles in the country. It's pretty plain and simple for me. There is a lot of pressure for everyone to live the picture perfect nuclear family lifestyle. Every girl wants to be married by 24 and have lots of kids. So, if you look at dating sites like Match.com (which I don't really use) you will see that almost every woman has at least 2 or more kids even before they hit 30. I have never lived in a place where so many 20 year olds tell me about their wedding arrangements, fiances or spouses. A lot of people here also get married right out of high school and generally only date and associate with the people they grew up with. THis one guy I know is very mediocre in looks, but his family is well known, he attends BSU, works at some bars and is tightly knit with many of social circles in town. This guy has slept with over 100 attractive women here and I feel he would have a tough time in other places, cause he certainly is not rich in game or looks. However, he is trusted, well known and native to the area. He goes on and on about the various women he has slept with and knows pretty much who has slept with who in the town. Being an outsider, it is so shocking to learn, as everyone appears so innocent and respectable

Most of the 30-40 year old guys I know are sleeping/dating (never too serious) college girls they meet via Tinder or rarely, certain social events. Rarely do I see older guys with women their same age here, unless they grew up in Idaho and can take the massive amount of drama. I find a certain level of desperation of women here who are over 30 than I never saw from women in Portland and Seattle. I believe the rather patriarchal blue-collar (and pretty much male dominated small white-collar sector) in this town is to blame for the phenomenon.

I have come to the conclusion that cities with more educated women or women who are a bit more independent and career focused are better for dating if you are out of the college aged bracket. There is just more women not in a rush to settle down and pump out babies. Idaho is also a very hard state for women to make a living. Almost all the high paying jobs go to men here and the state probably is at the bottom for women's rights and women mobility in the workplace. There is a reason why almost every woman I meet who comes to Idaho comes with a husband and kids rather than just comes here alone hoping to just make it.

I'm not saying I love Seattle women, in fact, there are many other places I'd prefer to date and look for women. But, I need a software job and in desparate need of money, so I will just have to make due with the women Seattle has to offer. There is always weekend trips to Vancouver, BC or P-Town if I need earthier and more personable , friendly girls and a bit better gender ratios.

After living in Boise, believe me, Seattle will be a paradise for women. Who cares how gorgeous the women are if most of them are married and everyone knows everyone. If you have sex with a girl here, believe me, a good number of your acquaintances and hers will know all about it. G-d forbid a crazy ex-husband/boyfriend is involved. Which, in the case, of Idaho, is usually the case. It is drama and broken home central.

In fact, one night I was at this bar and the bartender told me the night before a jealous ex-boyfriend saw his attractive ex-girlfriend at the bar and pulled a gun on her right in the bar and threatened to blow her brains out right there. There is a lot of drama with dating in a small town that is a mix of drug-addicted/alcoholic people coupled with strong religious roots. Everyone wants to live the 50s lifestyle but has all the modern problems of 21st century.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 01-22-2017 at 04:55 PM..

Old 01-22-2017, 06:28 PM

412 posts, read 386,206 times
Quote:

Oh yes, I love long walks on the beach...

"Lowered expectations"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area