Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:19 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,080,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_W View Post
Thanks for this tip! I just heard this today and I am shocked that Seattle renters rely on CraigsList as a primary resource. Here in Chicago it is flooded with false ads pushed by property management groups to lure people to call them and lots and lots of repeated ads. So it's earned the reputation here of an untrustworthy and outdated resource but I guess that I have to open my mind and rely on it. (I also have a realtor helping me find rentals via MLS.)
Of course with Craigslist the "trust but verify" approach is key. I wouldn't use it exclusively, but as a supplement to other channels. You'll see many of the same properties on CL that you'll see on the pay-to-play sites anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninJT View Post
Please man, you could never get a blue tarp for that price in Seattle. Maybe in Tacoma.
Hey now !!! Not even in Tacoma ! I live over here -they just scraped away the "Tacoma Jungle" Friday and made me late for a 7 mile away Dr. Appt , It should already be back up but it's not cheap
... and yeah CL in any sort of real estate rented or otherwise is "spam o rama" here . One was so hilarious I actually contacted the spammer and told him you're slippin on the job bud - gotta make it look at least halfway real LMAO then some other words for him I shant repeat ..

Old 04-26-2017, 11:48 AM

128 posts, read 147,866 times
Quote:
Thanks for this tip! I just heard this today and I am shocked that Seattle renters rely on CraigsList as a primary resource. Here in Chicago it is flooded with false ads pushed by property management groups to lure people to call them and lots and lots of repeated ads. So it's earned the reputation here of an untrustworthy and outdated resource but I guess that I have to open my mind and rely on it. (I also have a realtor helping me find rentals via MLS.)

This happens a lot in Seattle as well, scammers renting homes that don't belong to them (e.g. mail me your deposit and I'll mail you the keys, etc). Just becareful.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:49 PM

305 posts, read 450,109 times
Quote:
Hi again, Does Seattle have a city-wide site for apartment searching that is 'under the radar' and not as popular as HotPads/Zillow that is similar to Domu in Chicago?
Sorry, Natalie, just seeing this! No, they do not, as far as I know. I used Padmapper back when I lived there, but that's before that got shady too!

Feel free to message me directly with any more questions (I don't come on this site very often). Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area