Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times

Advertisements

Seacove, they are reviewing offers for that condo on Monday. Bet it gets bumped up at least to $200K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 11:11 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Seacove, they are reviewing offers for that condo on Monday. Bet it gets bumped up at least to $200K.
That much, really? For only 700+ sq. ft. in Lake Stevens? The price gets attention so the agent wasn't wrong to do that I guess.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:13 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Whoops, didn't see the square footage, busy day. That is small, Lake Stevens is pretty popular though. $150K for sure.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Yeah I won't be doing that . I have a little cash coming to me from my mothers death and I was going to do the down and husband the payments on a very tight budgeted condo ( some how our credit is still surprisingly decent despite all this mess whether he does become a nurse or goes back into aviation ) saving back all the rest , but after reading this just ...no . It's pretty here yes but I am not losing what ever I have thats meant to last the rest of my life , which it will . If my husband were to pass I would be in serious trouble .

I don't think I would have even entertained that idea in my 20's .
My husband's cousin recently brought a condo recently either in Lynnwood or Kenmore area and he was a bit bitter because there was multiple offers that he had to basically enter a bidding war. He had thought condos was a safer route and that he wouldn't have to deal with that kind of competition. We didn't think to ask how many there were, but the thought it applies to condos outside of Seattle really just amaze me.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:25 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times
Thank you AMZN, MSFT, tech companies and all these bidding wars. My life will be mortgage free and debt free for life because of the explosion in population and home prices. I think the quality of life has suffered a ton here but some of us are truly blessed by it also.

If it approaches SF prices I am all for it, that would be a payday for the ages. It sucks cause you guys buying in now have no idea how nice it WAS.

Last edited by 87112; 04-27-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 10:16 AM

8,865 posts, read 6,869,333 times
Very few condos are getting built. Defect liability laws make them expensive and risky to build. So supply is low.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:37 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
My husband's cousin recently brought a condo recently either in Lynnwood or Kenmore area and he was a bit bitter because there was multiple offers that he had to basically enter a bidding war. He had thought condos was a safer route and that he wouldn't have to deal with that kind of competition. We didn't think to ask how many there were, but the thought it applies to condos outside of Seattle really just amaze me.
Me too and some places of all sorts that were NOT cheap I have seen are in bad shape , moldy , heck MOSSY even and I have noticed in some places lots of trash both like as in squatters have been in it or OUTSIDE that would take forever to clean up .. ( I've been looking out in Thurston county too just in case I can find something to have my broodmares on again) but like you I don't want to get in to a war with 26 other people or buy impulsively because I have too . You are right it IS crazy .

Old 04-28-2017, 01:16 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Very few condos are getting built. Defect liability laws make them expensive and risky to build. So supply is low.
They seem to be building them at a ferocious pace in Bothell, Mill Creek, and other north sound locations. I wash shocked to see the condo/townhouse construction in those areas when I was there last week. It had only been a couple months since I'd been there and was told there was a lot being built, but I was definitely surprised to see what is actually going on; Bellevue too...

Old 04-28-2017, 01:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
There is a ton of new construction in northeast Bothell, there must be a dozen new developments all around the new North Creek high school. I always thought the positive of new construction is, while the lots are very small, there's no need to compete since the price is the builder's list. The developments around there all look nice (from the car) but apparently the builders are putting them up to bid, so it's still competitive.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:17 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,691 times
I have 3 houses in Pierce County and am getting 4-6 pieces of mail per month for all cash offers from wholesalers as far away as Denver looking for inventory to flip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area