Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 01:39 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Word. One Saturday at 0600 on an empty road a passenger vehicle appeared about 400 years away ran up on my bumper passed me and jammed on his brakes. He started to get out of his car and I hit him with my PIAA lights. He could not see and I could not see his right hand. He got back into his vehicle, Clearly out of control if he had a weapon in that split second I'm not sure what I would have done but it would not have been pretty. Saturday morning 0600.

That my forum members in Seattle is the real San Diego.

Oh, give it time. Come out for a nice, relaxing drive on Washington's rural roads, that's where the fun begins! You haven't lived until someone passes you on the no-passing-allowed Hood Canal bridge...at 80 mph! Yee-haw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 06:54 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agaace View Post
Were you in the left lane?
Are you awake?

Old 07-18-2017, 09:18 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Welcome to what is becoming, Washifornia! At least you won't complain about the weather if you are from Michigan. Washington was a nice place before everyone moved here and the prices skyrocketed to oblivion.
Remember the same growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area...

Seriously, meet very few native Washingtonians... a lot of transplants via the military and tech.

Almost all my neighbors... some having lived in Washington for decades have some tie to California.

Growing up in the Bay Area 4 of the 6 closest neighbors were from Washington... or at least one spouse was.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:18 PM

64 posts, read 54,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Are you awake?
Refusing to answer the original question. Covering it up with another, irrelevant, question.
Yep, we know what type of a passive-aggressive driver you are. Welcome home, you'll fit in.
BTW, WSP finally started ticketing left lane campers, and they just did the awareness thing, just FYI.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Refusing to answer the original question. Covering it up with another, irrelevant, question.
Yep, we know what type of a passive-aggressive driver you are. Welcome home, you'll fit in.
BTW, WSP finally started ticketing left lane campers, and they just did the awareness thing, just FYI.
I cannot help you.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
What state/area do you reside in, agaace ?

Old 07-19-2017, 06:18 PM

64 posts, read 54,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
What state/area do you reside in, agaace ?
WA, I'm living in the Kenton area currently.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:23 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
^ With that attitude, you won't last long
I was born here in NW Washington. My family has been in the Seattle area since before statehood. What some of us natives and long time residents dislike about newcomers, especially Southern Californians, is that you bring your SoCal ways. If you wanted to move here because of the PNW way, please do not try to change it to what you left behind.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I was born here in NW Washington. My family has been in the Seattle area since before statehood. What some of us natives and long time residents dislike about newcomers, especially Southern Californians, is that you bring your SoCal ways. If you wanted to move here because of the PNW way, please do not try to change it to what you left behind.
That's what the Native Americans might have said/thought and here we are.
You sound like a flexible, adaptable sort.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:07 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post

Please list some "SoCal ways"...must learn more...

Please also explain the "PNW way"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area