Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:16 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times

Advertisements

People just want to blame it on something and vaccines have become a stand-in. Doesn't matter how much evidence says otherwise to these folks.

It's easier to point a finger at vaccines because celebrities told them to rather than the few nebulous factors that have been shown to have a link to increased risk of autism like whether maternal grandmother smoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 04:32 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I'm old enough to remember polio. & had several school classmates who had somehow survived it...and they were crippled, in pain, could not walk. I also knew adults with post-polio syndrome, which is a cluster of physical problems caused by the polio virus that plague adult polio survivors for their entire life.

I had measles at age 8. The complications nearly killed me, kept me out of school for 2 months, & most importantly, severely & permanently damaged my vision.

My 2 children came along before the vaccine for chicken pox. They were both very ill, & now have the herpes zoster virus in their bodies, which causes shingles. My mother & husband have had shingles..it's pretty miserable, can spread to the eye & cause blindness.

Many of the anti-vaccine proponents were not even born before these diseases were brought under control, so they have no idea of the physical devastation & death that was caused. And what stopped this? Why, it was vaccinations, you dummies!
Oh, gimme a break. I truly hate it when "older people" drink the Kool-Aide. I am almost 69. Old enough for ya? That polio vaccine did not come out until I was 7. LUCKY me. You do know that you can have Polio and have no symptoms whatsoever??? For all I know, I might have caught polio years before the vaccination ever came out.

I had Measles myself at 6 months old. Chicken Pox at 7 months old. INFANT. YOU were 8??? My older daughter had chicken pox at 11 years old. Goofed on it, and ate the Oatmeal in her bath. Oh, no. DOOMED to have Shingles!!! Both my husband in his 60's, WITH Shingles vaccination, and my SIL at 32 (do not give vax that young) had Shingles. They both went to work for a week before ever going to the doctor. In all that HORRIBLE PAIN? My SIL had a Newborn Baby at the time. Noooo. Doctor told him, "Wear a shirt around your son". QUACK doctor? QUARANTINE that baby, and everyone else around him!

You want to call others dummies, including those who have experienced these diseases themselves? Well, be prepared. If you cannot take the fire, then get out of kitchen. Been there, done that, as an Elderly Woman, and Grandma. KNOW the other side of the coin. For everything YOU say, OTHERS can contradict you; and by their own AGE. Do you like being an unpaid spokesperson for Big Pharm?

BTW, my husband is batting zero with these great vaccinations. Shingles? Got it. Flu? Multiple times. Pneumonia (2 vax)? Got it two weeks ago.

Last edited by Jo48; 06-21-2017 at 05:10 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Oh, gimme a break. I truly hate it when "older people" drink the Kool-Aide. I am almost 69. Old enough for ya? That polio vaccine did not come out until I was 7. LUCKY me. You do know that you can have Polio and have no symptoms whatsoever??? For all I know, I might have caught polio years before the vaccination ever came out.

I had Measles myself at 6 months old. Chicken Pox at 7 months old. INFANT. YOU were 8??? My older daughter had chicken pox at 11 years old. Goofed on it, and ate the Oatmeal in her bath. Oh, no. DOOMED to have Shingles!!! Both my husband in his 60's, WITH Shingles vaccination, and my SIL at 32 (do not give vax that young) had Shingles. They both went to work for a week before ever going to the doctor. In all that HORRIBLE PAIN? My SIL had a Newborn Baby at the time. Noooo. Doctor told him, "Wear a shirt around your son". QUACK doctor? QUARANTINE that baby, and everyone else around him!

You want to call others dummies, including those who have experienced these diseases themselves? Well, be prepared. If you cannot take the fire, then get out of kitchen. Been there, done that, as an Elderly Woman, and Grandma. KNOW the other side of the coin. For everything YOU say, OTHERS can contradict you; and by their own AGE. Do you like being an unpaid spokesperson for Big Pharm?

BTW, my husband is batting zero with these great vaccinations. Shingles? Got it. Flu? Multiple times. Pneumonia (2 vax)? Got it two weeks ago.
All of my siblings had chicken pox including my brother who was 5 months old. We were all fine. In 2003 my daughter got the rotavirus...she almost died.. in a coma for days. We have a vaccine for that now. It kills millions of children a year all over the world...it is responsible for 3.4 percent of all child deaths worldwide. it is a simple common virus highly contagious. My daughter went from bouncing baby to comatose in 24 hours. We were lucky.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:43 PM

8,869 posts, read 6,874,754 times
Gotta love the brainpower of people who think their personal anecdote trumps actual science and millions of disease cases per year.

Some of this is "shuts-ins who don't get immunized get fewer diseases". Of course they do...until they're around other people without having developed immunities. Then griffey help them.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Gotta love the brainpower of people who think their personal anecdote trumps actual science and millions of disease cases per year.

Some of this is "shuts-ins who don't get immunized get fewer diseases". Of course they do...until they're around other people without having developed immunities. Then griffey help them.
I'm pro vaccination 100% if you are referring to me. My personal experience was used as an example. I almost lost a child to a common disease that we now have a vaccine for. I'm the vaccine poster mom.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:58 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
Quote:

As you get older you are more susceptible to certain diseases. Pheumonia is certainly one of them.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 PM

8,869 posts, read 6,874,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I'm pro vaccination 100% if you are referring to me. My personal experience was used as an example. I almost lost a child to a common disease that we now have a vaccine for. I'm the vaccine poster mom.
I'm not referring to you.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:40 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:

I don't believe you. Hopefully, nobody else does either, especially parents of young children.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:39 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I don't believe you. Hopefully, nobody else does either, especially parents of young children.
No I don't believe it either .. I had 2 get Chicken pox at the same time ugh .. One just went through it like most but my son OMG nearly died from it . He was so sick even after he'd been to the Dr that he ended up in the hospital . I think he was 4-5 ( he is 24 now ) and it was all over him and in his mouth and down his throat , it was HORRIBLE .. I only have one born after the vaccine became available , she had the shot it and so far at 16 she hasn't and hopefully won't have chickenpox.

Actually she has been on me to take her to get a menningitis shot .

Old 06-22-2017, 11:29 AM

513 posts, read 499,619 times
What is with all this anti-science stuff? First the people who don't believe in Global Warming, now the anti-vaxxers. The study was disproven. This is a terrible idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area