Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,147 times

Advertisements

In july 2015 i picked up from living in the Los Angeles area for my full life and dont regret it one bit. You couldn't even pay me enough money to move out of Seattle and move back to Los Angeles. I used to live in the San Fernando Valley portion of LA in Encino,California.

Here in Seattle for the past 2 years i feel that i have come along way.

The only downside is i lost a user abuser girlfriend from LA and lost some lousy friends in LA who used me for money. OH well

Here is seattle i have many many friends now that respect me and care about me. I see these friends every weekend.

Seattle has air that is so clean I open my apartment windows and the air makes me feel calm and relaxed.

Everytime i visit my parents in Encino,California my throat hurts and the dirty LA air bothers me.

Seattle is much easier to get around and navigate than LA was. Here in Seattle public transportation is wjat i use.

In LA you must have a car or it impossible to get around.

Seattle and Bellevue have so much to do and offer from museaums,concerts,live music,shopping,lakes,kayacking,hiking and many restuarants as well as shopping.

My favorite museaums in Seattle are the mohai,seattle art museaum and pacific science center.

Im also a SIFF member for SIFF uptown movie theater.

Im here to stay in Seattle. Im glad i moved here and think i made the right choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:23 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,307,797 times
Glad you found a place that makes you happy.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:41 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,950,643 times
Enjoy it as much as you can everyday. There is a boatload or thousands of them making the same trek up here. In 5 more years Puget Sound will be So Cal north anyway. Sorry to burst your bubble. Its just reality.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
anonymous1981 - glad you're digging my birth city. I'm over on the east side of the mountains eagerly awaiting the chance to head over to Seattle and have fun. I love Seattle and I always will.

BRING BACK THE SONIC'S

Old 10-16-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Enjoy it as much as you can everyday. There is a boatload or thousands of them making the same trek up here. In 5 more years Puget Sound will be So Cal north anyway. Sorry to burst your bubble. Its just reality.
Thats the way it goes. There is nothing we can do about it.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:53 AM

368 posts, read 695,840 times
It's funny I've had friends who are native Washingtonians move to California, and like it better than here. I think sometimes just change is good for people.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDawg View Post
It's funny I've had friends who are native Washingtonians move to California, and like it better than here. I think sometimes just change is good for people.
To each their own.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:50 PM

571 posts, read 1,174,400 times
I've actually considered the reverse - a move to the LA area just for a change of scenery. My parents lived in the Valley (Burbank) and I have some friends from Seattle/PDX that have made the move down. They've taken me to their local dive bars, shown me the sights....most of which I'm already familiar with. I do love LA for all it has to offer. I have to say though, my last trip down which was just two weeks ago...left me with an overwhelming sense of 'meh'. It's dirtier than I remember, more tired looking....brown. The traffic was as to be expected - even though it doesn't really phase me anymore considering how heavy traffic is here most of the time. When I got back home to Seattle I was happy to be back. I'll be staying put - flights to SoCal are cheap enough when I need them :-)

Old 10-16-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKirkland View Post
I've actually considered the reverse - a move to the LA area just for a change of scenery. My parents lived in the Valley (Burbank) and I have some friends from Seattle/PDX that have made the move down. They've taken me to their local dive bars, shown me the sights....most of which I'm already familiar with. I do love LA for all it has to offer. I have to say though, my last trip down which was just two weeks ago...left me with an overwhelming sense of 'meh'. It's dirtier than I remember, more tired looking....brown. The traffic was as to be expected - even though it doesn't really phase me anymore considering how heavy traffic is here most of the time. When I got back home to Seattle I was happy to be back. I'll be staying put - flights to SoCal are cheap enough when I need them :-)
You can easily fly down to southern California from seattle for cheap. Its a good weekend trip from seattle.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:21 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
OP, how did you make so many friends, in two years' time? A lot of other transplants to the area would like to know. Congratulations! I'm glad Seattle's a good fit for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area