Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 02:42 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times

Advertisements

I just wish Ghosting would happen less in the region or is that a cultural norm in America?
Last week I meet a young lady, without me going first she gives me her # and an arranged Saturday casual Lunch. Well towards the Saturday guess what I meet Casper the Ghost.

Shaking my head??? She was above my league looks wise so I of course as a reality thinking kind of person did not hit on her. So why in the heck would she play games?? Perhaps Seattle women are more on the flake side? I don't know, I am not a social person and my opportunites to meet people are maybe 2 to 3 times a year so perhaps folkguitart555 knows what is the real deal here dating wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 05:20 PM

55 posts, read 51,478 times
I remember years ago the guys I worked with joking about how Washington/Idaho were "BYOW" (Bring Your Own Women). Not sure what the deal is but dating up there can be really rough.

Maybe the weather? Big, warm cities always seem to be better for dating.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:24 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,191,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
I remember years ago the guys I worked with joking about how Washington/Idaho were "BYOW" (Bring Your Own Women). Not sure what the deal is but dating up there can be really rough.

Maybe the weather? Big, warm cities always seem to be better for dating.
You nailed it! Its why down south they have southern hospitality! Its because they are never stressing over the weather.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:33 AM

8,170 posts, read 8,291,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
You nailed it! Its why down south they have southern hospitality! Its because they are never stressing over the weather.
Hospitable as long as you belong to the right church and if your skin isn't too dark. I don't know, chief. I've lived in Seattle 29 years but am from Miami originally. Although the sun shines often and the beaches are beautiful, it's also hot and humid and wins the road rage Capitol of the country each year. I think that weather can drive you crazy. I'll take my mild, cozy weather anyday, especially with global warming starting to affect the country. In fact, check out this article "The best US cities to live in to escape the worst effects of climate change": https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...-change-2017-9

Old 12-03-2018, 12:51 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
I sometimes describe Seattle's weather as "dank," homes. By that I mean there's humidity in the air when it's cold quite often, and, if you don't have a thick enough jacket on you'll feel the cold right down to your bones. But you're right, Seattle's weather is generally pretty mild. No bright sun producing mega-heat like we get down here in New Mexico.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:56 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I just wish Ghosting would happen less in the region or is that a cultural norm in America?
Last week I meet a young lady, without me going first she gives me her # and an arranged Saturday casual Lunch. Well towards the Saturday guess what I meet Casper the Ghost.

Shaking my head??? She was above my league looks wise so I of course as a reality thinking kind of person did not hit on her. So why in the heck would she play games?? Perhaps Seattle women are more on the flake side? I don't know, I am not a social person and my opportunites to meet people are maybe 2 to 3 times a year so perhaps folkguitart555 knows what is the real deal here dating wise.
You had her number. Did you call or text her, to ask what was up?

Old 12-03-2018, 02:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,488 times
I would much rather be living in the southern United States when it comes to meeting women. Seattle women are self-centered, rigid and cold, money and career obsessed, entitled, aloof social oddballs.... And they never call you back they don't like to communicate.... It's only when they feel like it. The place is something out of a horror movie when it comes to dating for single men. Straight up the place sucks. Nothing to do with weather. It's that icy cold Pacific Northwest pathetic social ethos. I can't believe how many years I've wasted in the northwest. Give me Southerners any day over Pacific North westerners. the Northwest maybe beautiful naturewise but it sucks royally people wise. Plus the place is so stinking expensive these days it's unaffordable...Do you ever notice that all the ultra liberal cities are the most expensive in America to live in? And the only people that can afford them are the ultra liberal elitists? So much for liberalism caring about the poor. That's a fable. Always has been. Another liberal lie. And back to the women and the dating scene in Seattle ...single men if you're from out-of-state thinking about moving to Seattle? Think twice. Mark my words single men from out-of-state you'll be sorry. You'll be one lonely soul in Seattle.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 12-03-2018 at 02:32 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 09:17 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You had her number. Did you call or text her, to ask what was up?
Yes, I tried. 2 texts and 1 calls. Any more attempts and it would be demeaning.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Yes, I tried. 2 texts and 1 calls. Any more attempts and it would be demeaning.
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Brutal! And perplexing. Why did she give you her number, then, completely unsolicited? Weird.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I would much rather be living in the southern United States when it comes to meeting women. Seattle women are self-centered, rigid and cold, money and career obsessed, entitled, aloof social oddballs.... And they never call you back they don't like to communicate.... It's only when they feel like it. The place is something out of a horror movie when it comes to dating for single men. Straight up the place sucks. Nothing to do with weather. It's that icy cold Pacific Northwest pathetic social ethos. I can't believe how many years I've wasted in the northwest. Give me Southerners any day over Pacific North westerners. the Northwest maybe beautiful naturewise but it sucks royally people wise. Plus the place is so stinking expensive these days it's unaffordable...Do you ever notice that all the ultra liberal cities are the most expensive in America to live in? And the only people that can afford them are the ultra liberal elitists? So much for liberalism caring about the poor. That's a fable. Always has been. Another liberal lie. And back to the women and the dating scene in Seattle ...single men if you're from out-of-state thinking about moving to Seattle? Think twice. Mark my words single men from out-of-state you'll be sorry. You'll be one lonely soul in Seattle.
Actually, the out-of-state guys tend to do better, because some of them are from friendly states, like CA and NYC, so they have no trouble approaching women. They're not reserved, like so many Seattle guys. Ion fact, several of them have said so on this very forum. If Seattle guys want to date women, they need to talk to them IRL. They need to be friendly and outgoing, and meet women through local activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area