Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM

109 posts, read 153,671 times

Advertisements

Seattle is one of a very diversed cities in Amarica with polulation makeup Caucasians, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Hispanic, and Blacks. As a result, the is a huge selection of restaurants, ethic markets, and cultural events.

One of favorite things I love to do is to tryout out different restaurants. My favorites are Vietnamese, Japanese, and Italian.

A lot of the good Vietnamese restaurants are located in the Seattle International District which is just a walking distance from downtown area. Here, you can find a lot of good Vietnamese and other Asian restaurants.

1. Tamarind Tree Restaurant in the ID
2. Monsoon on Broadway
3. Green Leaf
4. Bambuza
5. Lemon Grass on 12th
6. Pho Hoa on Weller
7. Lemon Leaf in Renton
8. Than Brother on the Ave
9. Pho To Liem in Everett
10. Than Vi Restaurant in the ID

mod cut: link removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-14-2008 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Great list, and some great restaurants.
But unless they've moved, Monsoon is not on Broadway, it's up Capitol Hill at 615 19th Avenue East.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
Isn't Pho Hoa kinda like the McDonalds of Vietnamese food?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 PM

277 posts, read 1,298,589 times
Than Bros is DEFINITELY the McDonald's of Viet pho places.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 PM

506 posts, read 2,573,742 times
Tamarind Tree rocks! Free parking but it's always busy. Either go really early or really late if you don't want to wait. A lot of their menu items are so unique (baby clams!) and their drinks are good too. However, not all the dishes were fantastic so it's helpful to ask the server his/her opinion. I checked out Green Leaf down the street but it seems to be mostly soups.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:06 PM

Below are the link, pictures and my take on each each restaurant.

1. Tamarind Tree Restaurant in the ID:

I love Tamarind Tree, the only thing I don't like about that place is the parking. On the weekend, good luck finding a parking space. You have to compete with tons of other shoppers and customers of the surrounding businesses.

2. Monsoon on Broadway:

Very nice place to eat but the food there is more Americanized. Very cool place though.

3. Green Leaf:

This place serves very authentic Vietnamese food. Even the decoration is very traditional. The issues are parking and the tight space in side. The place is quite small. They recently expanded to the upstair. I highly recommend this.

4. Bambuza:

This is the high end Vietnamese food but not authentic. They tailor toward non Vietnamese diners. Hard to find parking space as it is right next to the Convention center. They also serve alcohol as well. Service sometimes can be very slow.

5. Lemon Grass on 12th in the ID:

I love this place. Very small but the food is very good. I love their seafood sweet and sour soup and lemongrass chicken. I always ordered these two dishes when I went there.

6. Pho Hoa on Weller:

This is a great place for a quick hot and tasty bowl of pho. When I was working downtown Seattle, I went here at least once a week. Service is very fast and the food is good. It can get busy during lunch so come early or come late but done come right at 12.

7. Lemon Leaf in Renton:

This is a new copy cat of Tamarind Tree. They have very nice decor and setup. Plenty of parking. The food is okay but not as good a Tamarind Tree. They also serve alcohol too if you want to knock yourself out.

8. Than Brother on the Ave:

This is the lowend of Vietnamese pho. I honestly don't know how they make a profit with what they charge. Honestly, the pho is not very good. The broth taste kind of like plain. The cream puff is good for getting rid of all the msg taste after eating the pho. However they are quite successful because there are plenty people out there who still like to go less than $5 for a bowl of pho.

9. Pho To Liem in Everett:

I love this place. I take my family here almost every week for a hot bowl of pho. Nice and clean inside and good service. Plenty of parking. Give them a try.

10. Than Vi Restaurant in the ID:

This is okay next to Tamarind. Same area as Tamarind but not as crowded and the food is not nicely presented. Parking is an issue.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-14-2008 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: links removed

Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Does anyone have any favorite Vietnamese restaurants that they like in the Seattle area. It would be cool for local and non local people to know. I hate to have to walk into a restaurant and experience bad food, rude customer service, and dirty restrooms.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:10 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
We go to What the Pho! quite often in Bellevue. Part of the reason may be that we just like the name.

This past weekend, we noticed a sign in a Sunset strip mall in Renton, that said something like "Pho Kim Phuong - Moving from Downtown Seattle." I don't know anything about the old location, but we'll be trying it out once it opens.

Last edited by MaikeerinWA; 05-21-2008 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
We go to What the Pho! quite often in Bellevue. Part of the reason may be that we just like the name.

This past weekend, we noticed a sign in a Sunset strip mall in Renton, that said something like "Pho Kim Phuong - Moving from Downtown Seattle." I don't know anything about the old location, but we'll be trying it out once it opens.
"What the Pho" is okay. The have another one in Canyon Park and planning a third one in downtown Seattle. Their food is very expensive. The decore is nice and the place is clean.

Has any been to the new Jasmine Provincial Vietnamese Restaurant on Rainier. It is a copy cat of the Tamarind Tree and the food is pretty. Very nice decor inside and serves alcohol as well.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-14-2008 at 02:55 PM..

Old 05-23-2008, 02:11 PM

A good place to eat Vietnamese food up north is Pho Duc in Lynnwood. Next to the Lynnwood convention center on 196th.

Good food, fast service and reasonable prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area