Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 PM

737 posts, read 1,461,833 times

Advertisements

If you look at a map of the Seattle metro it looks like Newcastle is part of the Eastside. Is it? I can't recall ever seeing/hearing it lumped in with the Eastside. I can't recall anyone even mentioning it on this thread. Also, what is it like? Is it residential like the Eastside? Still not counting out the Seattle area for relocation. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,270 times
From what I have been told:

It is on the eastside, part of Renton that wants its own zip code. Nicer homes there but most of it is still in the Renton School Dist with the exzception of a few in Issaquah.

Personally, I have been to a few homes there and don't think its anything special. There are nice homes in all the eastside.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:16 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,759 times
Try the search button also; Newcastle has definitely been discussed before.

It's a fairly new city, as is Sammamish, and it's basically residential with no industry of any kind and limited commercial development.

Newcastle is certainly not inexpensive, especially in the Issaquah SD, but I think it's a very nice area overall. We considered moving there a couple of years ago.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:22 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
Newcastle is not part of Renton. It is it's own city, and it is definitely on the eastside. It shares a zipcode with Renton, and most of Newcastle is in the Renton school district, though the elementary schools serving Newcastle are much better than the Renton schools as a whole. For me, the big, big plus for Newcastle are the hiking trails. Trailheads for Cougar Mountain and Squak Mountain are in Newcastle. It's very close to Bellevue. There are quite a few pretty good restaurants in Newcastle, and an awesome produce stand.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:15 PM

854 posts, read 4,140,256 times
I have a friend that lives in Newcastle, waaaayyy up on a hill. She has the most amazing views! We play bunco on her back deck and watch the sun go down over the lake, the Olympics, Bellevue, Seattle. Oh, man, it's beautiful. It's way out of my price range, and I wouldn't want a driveway that steep, but it's an amazing view.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Newcastle is not part of Renton. It is it's own city, and it is definitely on the eastside. It shares a zipcode with Renton, and most of Newcastle is in the Renton school district, though the elementary schools serving Newcastle are much better than the Renton schools as a whole. For me, the big, big plus for Newcastle are the hiking trails. Trailheads for Cougar Mountain and Squak Mountain are in Newcastle. It's very close to Bellevue. There are quite a few pretty good restaurants in Newcastle, and an awesome produce stand.
Where's the fruit stand and what are the good restaraunts? We live really close in Lakemont.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
The fruit stand is 13013 Newcastle Way( or is it SE 72nd PL), a big red tent that's open from April thru Thanksgiving. They have really high quality stuff.
Restaurants? Yeo's Wok is better than average Chinese, at 6969 Coal Creek Pkwy, Tapatio Mexican Grill at 6920 Coal Creek Pkwy is better than most Americanized Mexican places, and Thai Castle in the same strip mall is also pretty good. None of these are omigod out of this world, but they're all pretty good.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:59 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,759 times
It's actually spelled Yea's Wok, and I definitely agree that it's quite good. Taiwanese style. Really busy every time we've gone, though, so plan accordingly.

Yea's Wok Chinese Restaruant

I've never been to Thai place - I'll need to add it to my list.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,882,748 times
Like most of the Eastside, Newcastle is predominantly conservative and not very diverse.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,742 times
I love how people who happen to live on the west side of Lake Washington think the Eastside is conservative. Compared to most of the country, the Eastside is liberal as heck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area