Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 09:16 AM

15 posts, read 57,054 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Seattle towards the end of the year and are looking for a rental place near Greenlake. Can anyone recommend a way to find houses or townhouses for rent? We don't care for newer condo buildings but prefer the older places with more character and these type of places don't advertise on rent.com or big websites.
We have two dogs around 50lbs so that makes it a little harder but I know there are places that would take them, just don't know how to find them.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 AM

27 posts, read 93,945 times
Wow, my husband and I could have written this same post. We are looking for a nice place in the Seattle / Tacoma area that will allow us to have our 2, 50 lb dogs (one is still a puppy) also.

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:44 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Well there's NWHomes too. Seattle real estate - houses, condos, apartments and property for sale and for rent | NWhomes

Finding a rental that accepts dogs is rough. Good luck. They're out there, but not common.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:09 PM

23 posts, read 107,787 times
We weren't looking for houses or townhomes but maybe my advice will still apply. Craigslist is a great resource, but not everyone advertises on it we found out. What was best for us was, actually driving around the neighborhoods, getting out and walking to potential places. We found tons more than what we saw and researched online. In fact, the place we ended up putting a deposit on, was one we just walked by. Not thinking it was open, or even affordable, it turned out to be the perfect situation for us.

So yea, Craigslist and Rent.com are good up until a certain point. But getting out there physically should be much more successful for you. Oh, and just about every place we went to was pet friendly. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2009, 12:42 PM

15 posts, read 57,054 times
Thanks guys! I agree that nothing beats actually being there and looking around the neighborhoods. Our problem is that we live in Florida! So we want to be able to do as much research as possible ahead of time to see generally what prices are and then we will fly up and spend some time looking around. Doing a cross country move is tough but well worth the efforts if Seattle is our prize

Old 09-26-2009, 03:16 PM

23 posts, read 107,787 times
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention this site. It's not the best, but it might help you out. It's not Craigslist at least. And always remember, Google is your friend. When all else fails, Google.

HotPads.com
Washington Real Estate, Apartments & Houses for Rent - HotPads

Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 AM

18 posts, read 44,004 times
Call Seattle Apartment Finders -- they're a small, locally owned rental agency representing all kinds of apartments in the Seattle metro area. Their personalzed information assistance is free! Plus, you'll learn tons about Seattle, in addition to accessing some of the more unique rental options you won't find on Craigslist. Definitely worth a phone call. I'm sure they can help!
Kathy

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 07-23-2010 at 09:57 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 AM

7 posts, read 19,900 times
My wife and I are relocating from Atlanta in about 13 days (yikes!) and we had almost this exact same scenario. We wanted to rent a house or townhome and we have two dogs (15 lbs and 40 lbs) and a cat. The best advice I have is be persistent. I've listed the sites I used below. Other advice...

1. If a property says no pets, call to be sure. A lot of places don't want to let you have pets but renting a house is tough and if the house has been on the market for a while they will reconsider.
2. Consider getting a rental agent. They won't cost you anything and can be pretty helpful as they know the area (I didn't even know they existed when we started looking).
3. Check out a place called The Chloe. It is in Capitol Hill I believe but is extraordinarily pet friendly. It is a newer apt building but might be a good option with two 50 pounders. We might have chosen it but there was no availability when we needed it.

nwsource.com rental listings
craigslist
rentals.com (best advanced search options imho)

Old 04-01-2011, 01:09 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Craigslist is your friend. The more dedicated sites for rentals are generally dominated by condo buildings and property management companies. Green Lake is a great area for dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area