Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

IMO 75 is just fine for a summer temp. No need to roast, I don't see how hot weather is enjoyable.

Having said that, it was almost 90 when I was there earlier this month. Nice but I wish it was cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 03:00 PM

240 posts, read 534,848 times
For me, I feel like the weather might be a bit of a challenge, but more than that, Seattle just feels right for me. The culture seems like a perfect fit. I think that means more to me than the weather, and as I said, the weather will still be better than in Ohio.

And the culture in Ohio...well, let's not even go there! :-)

Old 10-28-2009, 06:03 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,536,266 times
I would take Seattle weather over Midwestern weather any day. I spent the first 22 years of my life in Iowa and this is waaaaayyy better than that IMO.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:53 PM

6 posts, read 12,665 times
Talking Hello fellow Buckeye!

I actually moved out to Seattle Wa from C-bus Ohio just last November, I lived almost 10 years in C-bus Ohio. There were so many wonderful reasons why I moved here, like family and my perfect match!

But, when it comes to the winter weather here, I have got to say - depressing. While in Ohio it starts to get dark around 6pm, here it’s dark so much earlier, the days are gray and dreary and winter seems to last longer than it did in Ohio. On the positive side of the weather, it DOES NOT rain ALL THE TIME like “they” say. While this summer was a particularly warm one for Seattle, it does not get humid like in Ohio, that hot, sticky, I can hardly breathe until 11pm when it’s finally cooled down! But with the way the climate is changing, who knows, maybe the hot summer we had will become common and the 2 weeks of Ohio like snow and cold we had in December will also be common.

If you do move out here, DM me b/c I’m a little home sick and could use a friend from “back home!”

Old 10-28-2009, 07:56 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Having spent a fair amount of time in Columbus, I can assure you, winters here, although grey, wet and cloudy, are a piece of cake compared to the bone chilling cold.

And even when the weather's crappy here, we have scenery one can only dream of in OH.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:14 AM

I can understand how Seattle would be depressing during winter, but as JustCallMeTC said, you don't get the bone-chilling cold there like you do here in Columbus. And that's what I hate the most...the COLD. Last January I don't think we had one day here that got about 32F. I was so done with this place, I couldn't stand it. Just when I about moved south, it got much better in February. But still...

I still feel like other aspects of life in Seattle will make up for dreary weather.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea-oh View Post
I can understand how Seattle would be depressing during winter, but as JustCallMeTC said, you don't get the bone-chilling cold there like you do here in Columbus. And that's what I hate the most...the COLD. Last January I don't think we had one day here that got about 32F. I was so done with this place, I couldn't stand it. Just when I about moved south, it got much better in February. But still...

I still feel like other aspects of life in Seattle will make up for dreary weather.

LOL north and central Ohio is perpetually cloudy from about October all the way to mid march....
Seattle and OHio are equal in regard to precipitation and cloudy skies in my opinion but at least you don't get the 15-25 degree crap for months on end...

Old 10-29-2009, 12:32 PM

You know the irony is, I'm now in Bellingham.(moved here 5 years ago) And last year I had snow on the ground for over two months straight. I've never seen that here(or Seattle). And I'm a 3rd generation Seattle boy.

So take that for what it is, an aberration.

You'll see some snow, but most likely you'll also see rain the next day. Used to **** me off to no end as a kid. Now I love the idea. Gawd I hate shoveling that crap. Especially here since it's almost always wet snow. It's a heart attack waiting to happen.

And have a set of nads and don't buy an umbrella. True Seatllites never use them.

lol

Old 10-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
LOL north and central Ohio is perpetually cloudy from about October all the way to mid march....
Seattle and OHio are equal in regard to precipitation and cloudy skies in my opinion but at least you don't get the 15-25 degree crap for months on end...
We don't get the lake effect snows they can get there thank God.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Central Ohio doesn't get lake-effect snow. We get more ice than anything. Every once in a while we get a huge pounding, but more often we just get freezing rain, ice, sleet, and all sorts of unpleasantness. I don't like snow a lot, but I can handle snow and 30 degrees. I hate, hate, HATE really cold weather. You know, the weather where it's so cold, it doesn't snow...too cold to snow. Yuck.

I'll take 45 and rain over 25 and snow any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area