Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Wyoming Doomsday Bill advances in House

Wyoming House advances doomsday bill

Quote:
It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

The task force would look at the feasibility of Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

I wonder if my state is doing anything similar. Better check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
"The task force would look at the feasibility of
Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier."

There are many people in Wyoming who believe that the national government has abandoned both constitutional government and the citizenry. Before the Constitution there were the Articles of Confederation. It was a constitution in which the federal government had no control over the citizens of a state. It was federal, a federation of independent states.

The actions mentioned in the article are those of a sovereign nation. If the US economy collapses there's no reason that ours should collapse with it. We can still sell coal to Americans but it will be on our terms.

On another note:

The legislature rejected a bill 39-20 that would have prohibited guns in court houses. That means we still have plenty of bad apples but we're beating them. It also means we're not boloney.

If you'd like to read a novel about the emergence of an independent Wyoming read:

Amazon.com: Molon Labe! (9781888766073): Boston T. Party, Kenneth W. Royce: Books

The author is the same man who wrote Boston's Gun Bible, the best current all-around book on guns.

Amazon.com: Boston's Gun Bible (9781888766066): Boston T. Party, Kenneth W. Royce: Books

And check this website of his:

Free State Wyoming - On the Frontiers of Freedom

Old 02-26-2012, 05:25 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
I'm glad this issue of "Doomsday preparations" has finally attained a level of legitimacy by reaching as far as a state legislature. I wish my state would do the same.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,918,080 times
"And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier."

Why would a land-locked state need an aircraft carrier? Just wondering.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:51 PM

25,774 posts, read 18,834,175 times
One of the few things I will give Utah credit for is the passage of the bill allowing gold and silver to be used as a currency within the state.

As for the national government abandoning both constitutional government and the citizenry, I think we are racing down that road. The current administration tramples the Constitution at every turn...

Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
One of the few things I will give Utah credit for is the passage of the bill allowing gold and silver to be used as a currency within the state.

As for the national government abandoning both constitutional government and the citizenry, I think we are racing down that road. The current administration tramples the Constitution at every turn...
Wasn't that just in 2010 or 2011 that Utah passed that currency law?

I'm pretty certain my state has within the state Constitution a provision that US silver dollars may be used as currency (no provision for gold).

Old 02-26-2012, 09:39 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Here's the actual bill. An amendment cuts the appropriation to $7000.

But read the bill. It essentially says that Wyoming has lost confidence in the Washington government's ability to govern. I have never seen a piece of legislation that ever came close to this, particularly in the reasons cited for its need.

I doubt the bill will become law this time, however, because the session is almost over. But it's good to know that we have politicians who think this way.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2012/Introduced/HB0085.pdf

And the amendments

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2012/Digest/HB0085.htm

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 02-26-2012 at 10:39 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 PM

25,774 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Wasn't that just in 2010 or 2011 that Utah passed that currency law?

I'm pretty certain my state has within the state Constitution a provision that US silver dollars may be used as currency (no provision for gold).
Yes, just a few months back. I was quite surprised (in a good sort of way). I think it's a good idea and it does send a message to Washington as well about confidence in the dollar... or rather lack thereof.

The law basically gives the green light to any business in Utah that wants to use silver and gold for barter and/or currency, point of sale or otherwise.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Why would a land-locked state need an aircraft carrier? Just wondering.
Why presume that it is a water borne carrier?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times
I'm still struggling with Wyoming's need of (and especially placement of!) an aircraft carrier.

Also I am a little suspicious of their advisory board. It looks a little topheavy in power-wielding bureaucracy.

I do think it would be a good idea for the midplains and western states to co-ordinate efforts in the event of a collapse. Many of us share the same types of residents, resources, and attitudes that could make the central/west part of the US not only a safer and more productive area in the future, but by co-ordinating efforts it would take away or at least offer a more united and cohesive defense against the "Wild West" component of anarchy or Eastern-government force that would be initiated during a collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness