Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 05:23 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
And, for the real preparedness people in here, maybe this will be a lesson to us, that next time the fifth column shows up to run our thread off into libtart land, we just report them to the moderator, and otherwise not respond to these jackels.

We know who we are, and who they are.

Sound like a plan?
Maybe we need to start not responding to these jerks now.
Just answer them with:

We know you are an unbeliever, and I have no need
to answer you. This thread is for those who want to
understand the threat, and how to prepare for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 05:30 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Wrong, you're not following.

This thread is about the threats FROM ANTIFA.

I posted just a few of the thousands of stories to choose from.

You can DENY and IGNORE antifas action all you want.

but it doesn't change the fact that
1, they are violent. Have a proven recent and widespread use of violence
2, they are threatening upcoming, and widespread escalating violence.

Showing a threat from a known domestic terrorist group is not partisan.

Try to keep up....
No sir, it is you who is still lost.
Timothy McVeigh was a registered Republican. My mind is not so skewed to think any right leaning person who participated in this thread is a right wing domestic terrorist. You, on the other hand, said that the left leaning participants in this thread either supported or condoned ANTIFA. Someone asked about some hiring ads about this November 4th event. Nothing more. Not only could no one provide proof of these hiring ads, but the actual event appears to be made up, or so obscure to not be readily found via a normal internet search. If you cannot see that this happened, right here in this thread, well that is just a shame. And scary.

Your chosen name on here should have been a give away for me. Jim Jones. Jonestown. Koolaid.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:19 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
A random collection of links does not prove any coordination of the antifa movement, or any planning for a series of events on 11/4.

Is it really problematic to question the likelihood or severity of a threat? People do threat assessments all the time, why should this topic be off limit?

Would the response have been different if I had said I do not fear right wing militia actions in my daily life? Would anybody tell me I was a stupid republican or post a series of violent links to right-wing inspired incidents?

Let’s use some critical thinking here. Nobody has been able to show that a coordinated group like antifa exists. Nobody has been able to provide links to publicity or recruitment. There is no reason to think that 11/4 is going to be any more dangerous than 11/3, 11/5, or Groundhog Day. Why curtail or suspend your normal daily activities because of an unsubstantiated rumor?

Old 11-01-2017, 09:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Its kind eerie to think at one time, England and even some of the american colonists thought those trying to start a new country (and resorting to violence) were terrorists! Oddly though, we celebrate what all those people did and went thru for this nation to be free and separate. I guess it just takes a lot of time passing to go from terrorist to patriot, and oh yeah, being on the winning side probably helps some too!

Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
The trolling is strong in this thread.

Lots of love, condoning and diversion for the fascist anti freedom antifa.

There is nothing patriotic about them. They hate America.

If they were so righteous and proud of their words and actions they wouldn't be covering their faces.

ISIS, KKK and ANTIFA all cover their faces beside they know their words and actions are morally wrong.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:22 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
A random collection of links does not prove any coordination of the antifa movement, or any planning for a series of events on 11/4.

Is it really problematic to question the likelihood or severity of a threat? People do threat assessments all the time, why should this topic be off limit?

Would the response have been different if I had said I do not fear right wing militia actions in my daily life? Would anybody tell me I was a stupid republican or post a series of violent links to right-wing inspired incidents?

Let’s use some critical thinking here. Nobody has been able to show that a coordinated group like antifa exists. Nobody has been able to provide links to publicity or recruitment. There is no reason to think that 11/4 is going to be any more dangerous than 11/3, 11/5, or Groundhog Day. Why curtail or suspend your normal daily activities because of an unsubstantiated rumor?
That's exactly what you're doing on this thread, but as long as you attack the correct political side, you'll be safe from your own leftists that only show up when a left leaning terror group is identified as a threat.

If the KKK were more than a couple hundred folks, and threatening to loot and destroy under the euphanism of "protesting", there wouldn't be any attacks on the post outside of someone perhaps mentioning that most of the destruction at their rallies comes from the counter-protestors, but you would have tons of support from the paid trolls on the left that have nothing to do but haunt the web and attack anyone that comments on the current violent behavior of the left.

It's too obvious when people that have never posted on a board before, or have any idea of what the board is about suddenly appear to attack folks assessing threats as they always do, but when there is a leftist group identified as a possible threat, you guys come out of the woodwork.

Come out of mom's basement, get off the computer, actually talk to a human in the real world. Life can be good out here where we live if you have the courage to try it.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:26 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
As many of you may or may not know, the group Antifa will be starting a nationwide protest on November 4th, with the stated intention of escalating to civil war, in order to hasten the removal of the duly-elected President and Vice-President of the United States.

This protest calls for demonstrations in the streets and squares of cities and small towns across the country. It is expected to become violent in some areas, and traffic will likely be disrupted. It is not known how long the protests will continue.

Please be careful out there. Many of you commute to jobs in town, or go there for grocery shopping, doctor's visits, and to conduct other business. If it continues as long as they are threatening, expect traffic delays and possible acts of violence.

Just a reminder to prepare by getting needed tasks done ahead of time, if possible!

If these clowns try and start anything around here they will get skragged from every window on the street. This community won't tolerate it. If they think they can pull it off we just say bring it. They have zero public support around here and they are WAY outgunned. And letting us know when they plan on trying will see folks ready and waiting for their nonsense. The public and local LE will be right alongside each other tossing them a beatdown. Mission objective....FAIL!!

Old 11-01-2017, 10:49 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
That's exactly what you're doing on this thread, but as long as you attack the correct political side, you'll be safe from your own leftists that only show up when a left leaning terror group is identified as a threat.

If the KKK were more than a couple hundred folks, and threatening to loot and destroy under the euphanism of "protesting", there wouldn't be any attacks on the post outside of someone perhaps mentioning that most of the destruction at their rallies comes from the counter-protestors, but you would have tons of support from the paid trolls on the left that have nothing to do but haunt the web and attack anyone that comments on the current violent behavior of the left.

It's too obvious when people that have never posted on a board before, or have any idea of what the board is about suddenly appear to attack folks assessing threats as they always do, but when there is a leftist group identified as a possible threat, you guys come out of the woodwork.

Come out of mom's basement, get off the computer, actually talk to a human in the real world. Life can be good out here where we live if you have the courage to try it.

You Just crushed it.

They are just being trolls. They know exactly what ANTIFA is all about and all they are trying to do is deflect, change the narrative and re direct people's attention.

They are trying to obfuscate the facts and bring up our political beliefs (which none of us have brought into the debate), and ramble on incoherently about people like Tim McVeigh and the KKK. it's just an absurd way to distract from the original topic of this thread. Period.

They all come out of the woodwork in their echo chamber to troll and distract. Period. They have boring of value to add.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:26 AM

17,587 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:

Just a reminder to prepare by getting needed tasks done ahead of time, if possible!
Lots of ammo sales going on now

Old 11-01-2017, 01:10 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
I don't think they know themselves what they're protesting. Judging by the hiring ads, it's just another Soros-funded protest group of butt-hurt young Hillary supporters who can't stand the idea that the rest of the country voted for somebody else.
I sincerely doubt that the average Antifa moron would have supported a big government neo-liberal like Hillary, but that is besides the point. They are still useful idiots for certain big movers.

I agree that one should keep aware and avoid masses of people (massed for some common purpose, that is) wherever and whenever. Protests, marches, etc. are getting way more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness