Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 08:47 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,259 times

Advertisements

And our side had better realize it and harden up for the fight, instead of hoping it won't come. We are playing for all the marbles here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 10:17 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
And our side had better realize it and harden up for the fight, instead of hoping it won't come. We are playing for all the marbles here....
I'm 74 years old. I don't remember a time when we weren't fighting to keep our guns.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:56 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'm 74 years old. I don't remember a time when we weren't fighting to keep our guns.
The difference is, this time we (and about a third
of US army officers) are telling them:
"Come and take them, if you dare,
and we will spill blood. Period."

Two or three states have passed laws requiring registration
of certain weapons, and banning standard capacity magazines
and they seem to be getting about 15% compliance.

We are also organizing. Three percent and oathkeeper
organizations are springing up. Sure, there has been
a slight falling off. Complacency after Trump was elected,
and some disorganization after Mike Vanderboegh died,
but over all, we are closer to going to war with our own
countrymen than we have been since 1858, or 1770.

It will be a slow war, to start out with.
And actually, it has already begun, with battles
at Bunkerville, Burns, and Olympia, and rallies
aimed at promoting the war in at least two
dozen cities and universities across the country.

Casualties, thus far have been one or two here
and there, but then, there were only five killed
at the Boston Massacre.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post

at the Boston Massacre.
Hopefully we have learned a thing or two since the Boston Massacre. One does not gain much by being slaughtered by a government because they thought simple protests and civil disobedience would be tolerated. Governments have a history of jumping several levels of force and going straight to deadly force when their subjects get unruly. I do not intend to be a martyr in the coming fight. If possible, I would enjoy telling my great grandchildren about how their liberties were secured. Barring that, I hope to lay many a tyrant and quisling in their grave before I go to my reward. One should be very circumspect about sacrificing themselves for a cause. It should be a last resort. Far, far better to make those on the other side sacrifice themselves for their cause, in large numbers if possible.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:07 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:

at the Boston Massacre.
Interesting analysis and historical perspective.

Recently i have read a fair amount about the civil war. I enjoyed reading "God's and Generals". I couldn't help but draw my own parallels to what life was like in 1855-1860 to now.

I think we are in a defacto state of "cold civil war" right now. What happens in the next 5 years will be very telling if it turns into full blown insurgency or open hostilities.

The 2018, 2020 and 2022 elections will be very important to our future and where our country ends up. If a hard left ideologue regains control and they take back congress they will push hard to ensure The will of the people will never be heard again.

I think this guy is an interesting writer. He seems to have predicted some of what is going on now.

This one is eerily forboding that seems all too realistic with our deep state corruption exposed for all to see

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpre...w-at-the-coup/

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpre...e-in-violence/

Last edited by drinkthekoolaid; 05-11-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The fight that is coming is precisely because for too long, men of every generation since the beginning of the 20th century have mistakenly called writing letters of supplication to their congressmen "fighting". They have sat comfortably on their rears and complained about abuse after abuse, never once so much as considering any course of action not approved of by the hegemonic tyranny that they kept pleading for consideration from. We have let them get away with so much for so long, that now it is going to take a lot more to convince them that we are serious. I have been saying this since I was in my 20's, which was a few decades ago, trying to get people to understand that this crap will not stop until we collectively do whatever is necessary to convince all those arrayed against us that we will do anything, including kill them by the boatload, to maintain the liberties we possess. We are going to have to disabuse them of the notion that they can simply keep nibbling at our way of life until it's gone, and there will not be any consequences for that. The longer we sit, the more bloody this thing is going to have to be. Frankly, I am simply hoping at this point that we get this boat in the water while I am still young enough to row...

Last edited by countryboy73; 05-11-2018 at 01:48 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Hopefully we have learned a thing or two since the Boston Massacre. One does not gain much by being slaughtered by a government because they thought simple protests and civil disobedience would be tolerated. Governments have a history of jumping several levels of force and going straight to deadly force when their subjects get unruly.
Governments always go directly from talk to overwhelming deadly force, but our government has learned to use a different tactic. They are picking us off one by one, often producing false propaganda about why a person was taken out. Simply bring about false information about the person, run the propaganda for a time, then move in and remove him by force. The public thinks a dangerous criminal was taken down, never suspecting that the whole thing was a ruse. (I will not say more about that, in a public forum.)

Quote:
I do not intend to be a martyr in the coming fight. If possible, I would enjoy telling my great grandchildren about how their liberties were secured. Barring that, I hope to lay many a tyrant and quisling in their grave before I go to my reward. One should be very circumspect about sacrificing themselves for a cause. It should be a last resort. Far, far better to make those on the other side sacrifice themselves for their cause, in large numbers if possible.
I have no intention of becoming a martyr, nor causing casualties "on the other side" though, if backed into a corner, I might resort to that. One of the reasons I moved up here into the mountains is to avoid being in a place where I knew a disaster was going to happen.

Since I know what is coming, along with the outcome
and what comes after (I read The Book, and know
the ending) I plan to sit this war out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Interesting analysis and historical perspective.

Recently i have read a fair amount about the civil war. I enjoyed reading "God's and Generals". I couldn't help but draw my own parallels to what life was like in 1855-1860 to now.
Mike Vanderboegh drew parallels there too, and said that every sentient man in that time knew that war was coming.

Quote:
I think we are in a defacto state of "cold civil war" right now. What happens in the next 5 years will be very telling if it turns into full blown insurgency or open hostilities.

The 2018, 2020 and 2022 elections will be very important to our future and where our country ends up. If a hard left ideologue regains control and they take back congress they will push hard to ensure The will of the people will never be heard again.

I think this guy is an interesting writer. He seems to have predicted some of what is going on now.
This one is eerily forboding that seems all too realistic with our deep state corruption exposed for all to see
https://westernrifleshooters.wordpre...w-at-the-coup/

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpre...e-in-violence/
I have read Western Rifle Shooters, off and on for years,
I will have to take a look at those two articles.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:32 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Governments always go directly from talk to overwhelming deadly force, but our government has learned to use a different tactic. They are picking us off one by one, often producing false propaganda about why a person was taken out. Simply bring about false information about the person, run the propaganda for a time, then move in and remove him by force. The public thinks a dangerous criminal was taken down, never suspecting that the whole thing was a ruse. (I will not say more about that, in a public forum.)

I have no intention of becoming a martyr, nor causing casualties "on the other side" though, if backed into a corner, I might resort to that. One of the reasons I moved up here into the mountains is to avoid being in a place where I knew a disaster was going to happen.

Mike Vanderboegh drew parallels there too, and said that every sentient man in that time knew that war was coming.

I have read Western Rifle Shooters, off and on for years,
I will have to take a look at those two articles.
Let me know what you think of them.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Good thing for Israel that people like Gideon, Ehud, and David did not share your attitude...

Old 05-11-2018, 04:07 PM

I think we have drifted far enough from the original topic,
and I will discuss this further, with the two who seem interested,
through other channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness