U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2007, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,668 posts, read 20,496,081 times
Reputation: 21299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnycakes View Post
My wife still likes Barbies, and she's 44.
LOL! Hey, I still like Barbies and I'm 52!! That's why I think about them as a gift, I guess! (I had a boy so I didn't get to buy any for daughters!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
 
5,654 posts, read 17,476,509 times
Reputation: 3996
Buy barbies for yourself... check out those silkstone ones... oooh. And dollmarket.com is good site for deals.

You can't go wrong with sox or hat/gloves though. Some really cute ones out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 05:46 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 37,701,501 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
LOL! Hey, I still like Barbies and I'm 52!! That's why I think about them as a gift, I guess! (I had a boy so I didn't get to buy any for daughters!)
I've been buying the Holiday Barbie for myself for years. They are put up in their pretty little boxes looking stunning as ever. I also have some REALLY old Barbie cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Pocono Mts.
9,483 posts, read 11,038,192 times
Reputation: 11416
Do you have an AC Moore where you live? My mom just bought my daughter a great craft book from there. It is a book that they can make fashions out of. It has stensils in the shape of pants, skirts, dresses, purses, shoes - etc. It also has pages and pages of paper patterns, that act as their "fabric". My daughter has made some great outfits!
The book also comes with aobut 20 mini hangers, to hang her new fashions on.

My daughter said it was one of the best gifts she ever received.
good luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
 
Location: N.Y.C.
658 posts, read 2,237,313 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
LOL! Hey, I still like Barbies and I'm 52!! That's why I think about them as a gift, I guess! (I had a boy so I didn't get to buy any for daughters!)
my favorite are the marie osmond dolls just about all of them are so cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,668 posts, read 20,496,081 times
Reputation: 21299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Buy barbies for yourself... check out those silkstone ones... oooh. And dollmarket.com is good site for deals.
You can't go wrong with sox or hat/gloves though. Some really cute ones out there.
My husband would tease me, but I SHOULD! Hats and gloves are a possibility I hadn't considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I've been buying the Holiday Barbie for myself for years. They are put up in their pretty little boxes looking stunning as ever. I also have some REALLY old Barbie cases.
Love Holiday Barbie myself and I have bought more than one as gifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Do you have an AC Moore where you live? My mom just bought my daughter a great craft book from there. It is a book that they can make fashions out of. It has stensils in the shape of pants, skirts, dresses, purses, shoes - etc. It also has pages and pages of paper patterns, that act as their "fabric". My daughter has made some great outfits!
The book also comes with aobut 20 mini hangers, to hang her new fashions on.

My daughter said it was one of the best gifts she ever received.
good luck!!
No, we don't have that store, or if we do, I am unfamiliar with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
my favorite are the marie osmond dolls just about all of them are so cute
Haven't seen one of those.

Thanks again, you guys, for all the great ideas. I just needed kind of a reality check about what little girls that age were "into."
Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
919 posts, read 2,932,183 times
Reputation: 252
a gift certifcate at your local mall, wrapped up in a small box with a pretty ribbon on it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 01:01 PM
 
Location: N.Y.C.
658 posts, read 2,237,313 times
Reputation: 219
[quote=kaykay;2299588]


Haven't seen one of those.

QUOTE]
they have them on alot of websites,there really beautifull and the outfits they wear are really nice they even have a baby elvis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
 
218 posts, read 1,019,420 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
One word: Webkinz. You can find them at most Hallmarks, Limited Too, Libby Lu and several other places. There are even clothes and bags and stuff for the Webkinz now. My 9 year old and 12 soon to be 13 yr old both have Webkinz and like them a lot. Barbie's, they stopped playing w/ those a few years ago. The Webkinz run around $12-15 each. They are stuffed cute little animals that have a special tag on them that the "owner" can then register them online and play w/ them online. They get to buy things for their "rooms" by earning money and such. They are pretty cool. Go to the Webkinz website and you can see what ones are out right now. The Penguin is one of the newest and pretty darn cute.
My 10 year old niece can't get enough Webkins, she had three on her Christmas list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2007, 04:42 PM
 
4,948 posts, read 16,725,653 times
Reputation: 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
how about books, check walmart, or the net. a timex watch, or barbie or a Hannah M
doll, stuff animal. target and a real cute cabbage patch doll for 20.00 which glows in the dark.
on the we church site- the cabbage doll was in? target had the best price-
19.99! I still have my old one!like 20 plus years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top