Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:01 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a source where I can order cocktail napkins for a 50th Anniversary. I want plain, high quality napkins w/ names and date, etc printed in gold lettering. I need at least 400.

I wondered if anyone might have a source or recommendation?

I am in NC, if that makes any difference. Thank you for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 01:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am trying to find a source where I can order cocktail napkins for a 50th Anniversary. I want plain, high quality napkins w/ names and date, etc printed in gold lettering. I need at least 400.

I wondered if anyone might have a source or recommendation?

I am in NC, if that makes any difference. Thank you for any suggestions.
What's the occasion?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
What's the occasion?
The 50th Anniversary of my father's ordination as a Lutheran minister. We wanted to do printed napkins w/ his name and the dates, and something like "50th Ordination Anniversary" - have not figured out the wording yet. It was much simpler to do my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, as I lived in an area where I was familiar w/ all the resources, but I have moved - and I am not familar w/ vendors here. I thought perhaps there were online resources - and would most likely be the same for weddings as for a celebration like this one.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,960 times
Usually you can go to a printing company that does invitations and such, they usually have a book that you can pick out stuff. There should be something like that in NC. Or google napkins and see what you come up with.

You must be very proud of dad to have completed 50 yrs.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Usually you can go to a printing company that does invitations and such, they usually have a book that you can pick out stuff. There should be something like that in NC. Or google napkins and see what you come up with.

You must be very proud of dad to have completed 50 yrs.
THank you! Yes, very proud of him. So funny. All he asked for when I said - what would you really like to have as far as food, decorations, etc - was "I want a nice cake." Then last week mom passed it on that he would also like some nice engraved cocktail or dinner napkins! So I want to do a tiered cake for him . . . along w/ some appetizers . . . and mom said they really wanted red roses instead of other floral arrangements. We are keeping it simple but anticipating several hundred people . . . so I don't know if it is ever simple when you have that many people attending, LOL!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Default Dept store linen dept.

After your reply I'm assuming you want cotton napkins??? I was think you wanted paper.............You may try one of the high end dept. stores, Belk, Macy's........go to their linen dept. and see if you can order, I'm sure you'd have to pay extra for monograms.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 PM

305 posts, read 1,610,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
After your reply I'm assuming you want cotton napkins??? I was think you wanted paper.............You may try one of the high end dept. stores, Belk, Macy's........go to their linen dept. and see if you can order, I'm sure you'd have to pay extra for monograms.

400 COTTON ENGRAVED napkins!! That's insane! I can't even imagine the cost of that. I'm assuming she meant paper... unless people are taking home their used napkins as a party favor??? still...

In order to find the companies who will make them in your area--wedding season is approaching, and that means that wedding shows/expos are going on all over the country this winter/spring. Google "wedding show" and your city. If there's one coming up, I'd spend the $13 admission, you'll get to meet vendors for your napkins, your tiered cake, and florist (although I'd recommend pre-ordering at Costco if you just want roses and have one nearby).

Old 02-08-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyKnox View Post
400 COTTON ENGRAVED napkins!! That's insane! I can't even imagine the cost of that. I'm assuming she meant paper... unless people are taking home their used napkins as a party favor??? still...

In order to find the companies who will make them in your area--wedding season is approaching, and that means that wedding shows/expos are going on all over the country this winter/spring. Google "wedding show" and your city. If there's one coming up, I'd spend the $13 admission, you'll get to meet vendors for your napkins, your tiered cake, and florist (although I'd recommend pre-ordering at Costco if you just want roses and have one nearby).
Hee Hee - 400 linen napkins - don't think so! Just want to have a nice quality paper napkin, w/ gold engraving.

Great suggestion about "wedding shows." I don't have a membership to Costco but have been thinking about it, so this seems like the right time to go ahead and do it! I had no idea I could get the roses there.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:01 PM

I just googled personalized napkins.....there are dozens of sites, Pick N Personalize has paper napkins 50 for $11.98.

American Bridal has a variety of colors and are 100 for $29.98.

Almost any bridal site has napkins in all colors, different monograms and different prices.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Any stationery store, like Minuteman Press can make your napkins for you. They do wedding invitations and napkins, so they also do anniversary stuff too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products