Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 09:43 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times

Advertisements

^^ Haha!

(btw OP is a she)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 10:31 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Not to pile on, but OP complained, and the owner offered to accommodate her for future orders. A free pizza would have been overkill. An unacceptable response would have been not offering to use parchment if asked. Although an apology for having to throw away a few pieces would have been nice.

If the pizza was so greasy, wouldn't the cardboard have peeled right off the crust? Don't see the big deal here.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:14 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I order pizza every week from a variety of places. No one has paper under the pizza. We don't put the pizza boxes on the seats in our vehicles. They always go on the floor. We know pizza boxes are greasy. The only way to prevent it is to not eat pizza or make it at home.

I'd say he's being accommodating by saying if you want paper in the box to let them know and they'll do it. Why would you get a free pizza out of this? That makes no sense!
So...

You are fine with pizza grease on the carpet in your car?

And car floor detritus on the bottom of the pizza box?

Blech.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:25 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I eat pepperoni pizza weekly and have never had cardboard in it. Not sure how you ended up with cardboard in your pizza.
It probably sat awhile and got cold. That's the only way I can think of pizza sticking to the box.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:27 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
And car floor detritus on the bottom of the pizza box?

Blech.
Its not like the pizza is touching the underside of the box, so not really sure why that matters. Although I would think most people clean their cars, even the floors, so I don't see how a pizza box would get that dirty sitting on the car floor.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:32 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its not like the pizza is touching the underside of the box, so not really sure why that matters. Although I would think most people clean their cars, even the floors, so I don't see how a pizza box would get that dirty sitting on the car floor.

I agree, the pizza is enclosed in the box, so quite safe from all those awful scary floor germs

Old 08-26-2017, 12:15 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post

I truly don't know why FREE is becoming the issue here. Yes, I did say something about offering a discount or free, because that's sometimes the way SOME businesses handle complaints IN ADDITION to an apology, a thank you, and a reasonable solution. Telling me to ask for a lining in the box to absorb grease is not a reasonable solution.
Just because his solution isn't the one you want doesn't mean it's not reasonable. People feel entitled to a lot of things, some of which aren't practical or cost effective.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:43 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
No. It was delivered, nice and hot. Maybe YOU eat cold pizza that's been sitting around, but hot cheesey pizza with greasey pepperoni easily sticks to lots of things.

So now entitlement is added to the mix. Wow, that's deep.

All that aside, way too many of you people still care - as if it affects your lives. Slow weekend? Sheesh.
Not taking it very well that you aren't getting all the agreement or approval you came seeking?

Old 08-26-2017, 01:10 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
I've been a long-term customer with a neighborhood pizza place - really good pizza& subs, and delivery has always been prompt and courteous. The last couple of times that I got a pizza I noticed the bottom of the box was extremely greasy. It gets all over the counter, and if I'd been in a car it would have gotten on the seat and clothes. More importantly, the inside of the box isn't lined (most places put a piece of parchment paper under the pizza). This resulted in pieces of cardboard sticking to the pizza - yuk. I had to throw several pieces out.

I went to their wedsite and in the "contact" section they have the owners email addy. So I sent an email and suggested some type of lining, such as parchment. I also pointed out a possible health hazard; i.e., someone could get sick from ingesting pieces of cardboard.

His reply: "If you want parchment paper under your pizza please ask for it when ordering, and we will accommodate you." WTH? That was it - no apology, no offer of a free or discounted pizza.

I didn't reply; I'll just not order from them again. Kinda ticked me off. They lost a good customer.

Comments?
I see it quite differently. He did not so "no", he said he would accommodate you if you asked. Why waste money for people that are not concerned about the grease. As for me, I have a towel in the back of my car. When I pick up a pizza it goes on the folded over towel. I use it for things like buying plants, and pizza and dirt so I keep it in the truck and use it as necessary. When we get a pizza I preheat the oven to warm and when DH brings it in, I shut the oven down and the box goes on the oven rack to keep it warm. No mess on my counter.

I think you need to rethink your stance in my opinion.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:57 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
I have never seen pepperoni pizza without grease. Some have more than others. I thought the owner offered a reasonable response to the complaint but you can't make everybody happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products