Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times

Advertisements

A local Nikken representative recently loaned me a demo magnetic mattress pad to try out and I really did benefit from it (the Nikken insoles that I bought for my shoes are totally awesome!) but when she wanted $300 for this used twin pad I totally baulked at the price and returned it to her.

Started doing some research and found that I can buy a Baron Styles full magnetic mattress pad new for $140 which seems like a much better deal. The reviews of this US-manufactured product are excellent but I was wondering if anyone on CD had experience with them or, even better, if anyone has directly compared the two and has any comments.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 AM

97 posts, read 389,858 times
I bought the insoles and they did absolutely NOTHING for me ...what a waste of money.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
All I can tell you is that I work on very hard terrazzo floors and for years went through SO much money and SO much soreness. I tried changing shoes two and three times a day, bought expensive $200+ shoes allegedly specifically designed for the purpose, spent money on callous removers and all sorts of insoles and nothing helped. I got the insoles about six months ago, have been wearing the same pair of inexpensive shoes for the duration, have no more callouses and no more aching legs and feet. I suppose it's like everything else and that not everything works for all but for me they've been a lifesaver!

I would add too that since I returned the magnetic mattress my general body aches and cricks have returned (and I DO have a tempur pedic) I feel my age again and can't wait to return to what for me is a real night's sleep. Cheers!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,081 times
I hate to say it simply because of the MLM aspect of Nikken but they have been the only magnetic products that have done a darn thing for me. I LOVE my back magnet, it reduces my siatiaca attacks duration by weeks.

Keep an eye out for a used mattress if you dare. They do come up for sale on Craigslist and even ebay.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 20,195 times
I have used a magnetic mattress pad for years & got my parent one as well. I also have a 4,000 gauss ceramic block magnet. I love all my magnets. My 4,000 gauss rescued me from a severe - severe injury from a car wreck. As quickly as I could I got the north pole of the magnet on my injured area. Since it's ceramic and doesn't bend - the areas on the back of my neck were black within 2 days - the areas where I could apply the magnet? Not one sign of bruising in any way shape or form - just amazing!

These things work!!!!!!!!! At first you can't sleep all night (usually) on the pad - but once you sleep on it for a few hours the first few days - you can sleep all night no problem.

You can be skeptical all you want, but if you don't get any benefit -either you're clueless to your body or you used the south pole instead of the north - the north pole goes against your skin.

The high powered magnets for therapy can be dangerous - so stick to the insoles & matress pads to avoid trouble.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,675,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
A local Nikken representative recently loaned (snip) a demo magnetic mattress pad to try out and (snip) really did benefit from it (the Nikken insoles that (snip) bought for (snip) shoes are totally awesome!) but when she wanted $300 for this used twin pad (snip) totally baulked at the price and returned it to her.

Started doing some research and found that I can buy a Baron Styles full magnetic mattress pad new for $140 which seems like a much better deal. The reviews of this US-manufactured product are excellent but I was wondering if anyone on CD had experience with them or, even better, if anyone has directly compared the two and has any comments.

The power of the "placebo effect" is awesome to watch in action. It proves that you can make people think a sugar pill IS a cure for cancer or magnets will do great things in a mattress pad.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 18,804 times
If you did benefit from the demo pad from Nikken, I think you should go for it even it is a used one. Magnets are good forever, especially the ones Nikken uses. Baron Styles is less expensive but you did not use it, so you do not know you will benefit from it or not and you may not be able to return it once you bought it. You should go with what has proven on you. I would like to find out the contact info for this Nikken representative if you would send it to me. Thank you.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 AM

1 posts, read 18,309 times
I have 9 items of nikken products that are new but were top sellers years ago. Most are in original packaging such as the twin size Kenopad with Magbags washable cover, set of Kenko promao pads in case with extra round magnets and other items. I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. I would sell all 9 items for $200.00. If interested, my email address is [email]1dianne-kennedy@sbcglobal.net[/email]. Please contact for for info.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 13,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
A local Nikken representative recently loaned me a demo magnetic mattress pad to try out and I really did benefit from it (the Nikken insoles that I bought for my shoes are totally awesome!) but when she wanted $300 for this used twin pad I totally baulked at the price and returned it to her.

I do realize that this is a post 4 years after the OP was originally asking their question and the issue is probably long since handled... But I do have to ask regarding the concept of magnet therapies in general (as I'm curiously looking over information regarding them having just bought an air purifier from Nikken...), whether things like the insoles really made that huge a difference? If so, that is an amazingly effective product...

Basically, the insoles stopped callouses from forming, as you say (so they somehow managed to stop friction from occurring) and they stopped aching feet where you had spent loads of money on other things just to have them not work... So, did you try using the insoles with the magnets removed to see if it was just the insoles that did the trick? It sounds like you have gone through many different products looking for relief. For products which in the end didn't work, and only lead you on to try other products in search of relief, did you also write glowing reviews at the time you had freshly spent money on them...? I mean, did you regularly have periods where you THOUGHT some product was working miraculously, only to find that in the end it didn't... And off you were in search of something else to have the effects you sought, only to again write a review that the next product you spent X hundred dollars on did the trick... While months later you were on to the next thing?

These are serious questions. I'm not trying to patronize. I'm trying to truly determine what actual benefits ppl who swear by these things are getting, and what trouble they went to in order to isolate the magnets themselves in order to determine that THEY were creating a benefit... rather than the 'packaging" the magnets came in (ie. insoles, a mattress, a bracelet, etc.)

If magnets truly are having these kinds of amazing health effects... or were actually capable of them, this is a huge deal. And no, effects and results as powerful as some of those described are far to meaningful and represent far too great a change in health, represent far too much physiological effect for them to be something that "work on one person and not the next"... Anything that has that powerful an effect will have that effect on every living person to some degree. Something that has the power to stop the formation of callouses (which are something your body creates to protect your skin from friction) would likewise have that effect, to some degree or another, on any biological organism utilizes the device in exactly the same way. That is how physiology works. The degree to which the action worked might differ, but it would be present in everyone, or it would simply be something imagined.

So, can more ppl plz give some info regarding this? Its fascinating, and as you can see... the skeptic in me is kicking in, but I would like to combat that with more info. I don't mind naturally being skeptical as it saves me a LOT of wasted money... but it can also cause me to pass up some very amazing things in life.

Oh... I do just have to say to everyone... PLZ check the posting date on posts before responding to time sensitive posts. If it was 4 years ago, chances are the issue has long since been handled.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Using magnets for ailing ailments is a waste of money. It's psychosomatic, all in the head thinking it helps.

California Attorney General Sues Magnetic Mattress Pad Sellers

Silly Beliefs - Magnetic Therapy - Real Healing or Scam?

Magnetic Therapy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products