Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:20 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Premier League clubs Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Birmingham City have announced that the infamous vuvuzelas will not be welcome in their stadiums this season.
Tottenham, Arsenal and Birmingham ban vuvuzelas | inside World Soccer

The EPL has left this issue up to the individual clubs. Glad to see these three taking the lead. I'm sure more will follow. The thought of the Premier League sounding like the WC is just too much to bear..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:10 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,927,429 times
Just want to point out that my Spurs banned them a full day ahead of the gooners and everyone else.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:14 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Just want to point out that my Spurs banned them a full day ahead of the gooners and everyone else.

1961 oh my!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:35 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Quote:

So? Both clubs are now too prissy just the same.

Tottenham = Arsenal

Nobody cares.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:51 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
So? Both clubs are now too prissy just the same.

Tottenham = Arsenal

Nobody cares.
No way Spurs is the equal of Arsenal. Besides everything else, Tottenham hasn't finished ahead of the Gunners in the league since '95.

Vuvuzela ban is now up to eight:

Arsenal, Tottenham, Birmingham City, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, West Ham and Sunderland..

Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No way Spurs is the equal of Arsenal. Besides everything else, Tottenham hasn't finished ahead of the Gunners in the league since '95.

Vuvuzela ban is now up to eight:

Arsenal, Tottenham, Birmingham City, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, West Ham and Sunderland..
Hows that trophy case at Emirates looking? Pretty Bare eh?

YouTube - Cat cannot believe the goal scored by Danny Rose. Tottenham vs. Arsenal

Old 07-20-2010, 07:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Yay, let's all play British!
"Your club is rubbish!"
"Your players are pants!"
"Poppycock!"

Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Hows that trophy case at Emirates looking? Pretty Bare eh?

YouTube - Cat cannot believe the goal scored by Danny Rose. Tottenham vs. Arsenal

a Sp*rs fan commenting on our trophey case?

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

congratulations on your regular season win , you know you're a small club when you produce a DVD of a reg. season game within 24 hours of game end to commemorate your big victory.

nothing screams inferiority complex more than that.

Small time Spurs have brought out a DVD of last night’s 2-1 Premier League win over Arsenal.
Harry Redknapp’s men took less than 24 hours to release a DVD of an ‘unforgettable night’, in which they describe Jermain Defoe as ‘unstoppable leading the line’ – despite being largely anonymous during the time he was on the pitch.

Spurs bring out DVD of 2-1 league win

no wonder you guys are always whining

White Hart Lane was originally a disused nursery owned by the brewery
Charringtons

and the whining's never stopped!!!!

NINETEEN SIXTY-ONE, NINETEEN SIXTY-ONE, NINETEEN SIXTY-ONE

say it with me : NINETEEN SIXTY-ONE

Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
White Hart Lane was originally a disused nursery owned by the brewery
Charringtons
Your point?

Aresenal were originally a South London team...

All I asked was how the trophy case at Emirates looked, which you didnt answer . You want to come back with 1961...thats fine...and fair.

All in good fun my friend.

As far as our video. Can you blame us? That was by far the best goal scored in the prem all year.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:57 PM

355 posts, read 912,000 times
I have no idea of what any of you guys are talking about. Are there teams in the EPL who are so outmatched they celebrate like that after they beat a team in the same league. I thought teams that didnt win got relegated (sp?) How many games a season? Also did MAN U also ban them yet? How many teams are in the EPL? And what does 1961 mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer