Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
'No profanity' signs in public parks are nothing new. I guess a city enforces whatever rules it posts in its parks.
It in common is tourist areas around the country too, I believe how it is enforced depends the general conduct of the person using the foul language.

Last edited by Trackwatch; 12-19-2011 at 10:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 12:22 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
I just wish our esteemed governor would purchase longer skirts when she sits on a couch giving interviews. It reminds me of the Sharon Stone movie Basic Instinct. That is not very professional with a skirt up mid-thigh.

http://media.heraldonline.com/smedia/2011/12/17/23/04/GyUp.St.6.jpg (broken link)

The article ... ‘I sleep, eat and breathe jobs every day’ ... with more pictures!

‘I sleep, eat and breathe jobs every day’ - Governor Watch - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/12/18/2083880/i-sleep-eat-and-breathe-jobs-every.html#storylink=misearch - broken link)

Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 AM

12,922 posts, read 18,765,744 times
And my partner, who was in furniture for years, says it's time for new upholstery on the sofa.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I just wish our esteemed governor would purchase longer skirts when she sits on a couch giving interviews. It reminds me of the Sharon Stone movie Basic Instinct. That is not very professional with a skirt up mid-thigh.
Personally, I think she looks really nice. Nothing wrong with a woman embracing her femininity. I prefer to judge her on her accomplishments, not her wardrobe, just like I would for a man

Old 12-20-2011, 08:07 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Wish it was a joke, but it isn't. True. Several media outlets have reported it. Hey....you know you can't use "damn"!!! You'll get arrested!

That is correct.... since your curse word was viewed online in the City Limits of Columbia...a tactical team is being dispatched from CPD Headquarters to meet up with the Greenville PD to kick in your door and bring you in *Bad Boy Bad Boy.. whatcha gonna do.....*

The Gov is hot.... I would blame the photographer for getting a wide angle shot.. but if he didnt we would have this great photo....

I think the sofa is in the Gov Mansion? So, the interior decorator needs to be fired unless there is no budget for a new sofa.. If she got a new one.. someone would complain that she is wasting tax payers money

Old 12-20-2011, 12:38 PM

55 posts, read 114,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

The article ... ‘I sleep, eat and breathe jobs every day’ ... with more pictures!

‘I sleep, eat and breathe jobs every day’ - Governor Watch - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/12/18/2083880/i-sleep-eat-and-breathe-jobs-every.html#storylink=misearch - broken link)
Show any more leg and we're gonna see some cooter too.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Personally, I think she looks really nice. Nothing wrong with a woman embracing her femininity. I prefer to judge her on her accomplishments, not her wardrobe, just like I would for a man
Fair enough ... what has she accomplished?

Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 PM

8,245 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
LMAO! Too funny.

Seriously, wondering how this "cussing" law will affect things like say a hip hop concert? You know a good deal of hip hop music loves to use words like the "F" word. Will these performers be arrested or ticketed for cussing in their songs while performing in Columbia?

Funny you should mention that.. A long time ago..back in my wayward youth days.. I used to frequent concerts at the Carolina Coliseum.. I went to a few "rap" now its called "hip hop" and staked out a few rock concerts or two.

There was always some group coming to town RUN DMC's Raising Hell Tour, 2 Live Crew, Poison, AC/DC Guns and Roses whoever..The State would report about how members of these groups would pull women on stage and do vulgar things grope them etc. They would always ask the CPD Chief of the time what they would if it happened in the Capital City. He would always be subdued but it was clear he didnt like what was going on and didnt condone it in Columbia... That being said, I have never heard of anyone being pulled off stage by CPD..though I think they threatened to do so a time or two and the bands opted just to skip that particuliar song or skit and move on... I think they thought that if they were going to go to jail.. it should be in some big city where they could get some mileage out of it...

They did get arrested in other cities and then the municipality would be publicly bashed on MTV News.... Those were the good old days.. Dont think it happens much anymore because what was Rated R back then is PG now....

Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 PM

12,922 posts, read 18,765,744 times
City parks! What's so hard about that?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Man Eats Cocaine From Brother's Butt, Dies - Bakersfield News Story - KERO Bakersfield (http://www.turnto23.com/news/30037563/detail.html - broken link)

I think this might be another thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina