Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiermd View Post
That's kind of what I'm trying to consider with my decision. I think a big reason that would I want to go to Charleston is because of how close it is to the beach, and how pretty it was. I don't want to be blinded by that and end up making the wrong decision in the long run.
I'd say look at a few things:

1- What are you trying to get a degree for? Not what in, but what for? A degree is just a piece of paper if you aren't planning to do something with it.
2- Is the degree you are going to try to get....going to get you to where you want to be after college?
3- Research on the schools, see what their reputations are.
4- What hobbies do you want to have while in college?
5- What kind of social scene do you want while in college?
6- Will those hobbies and social scene prevent you from obtaining #1 and #2?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a beautiful campus in a fun city. But, before you spend all that money, even if it is a loan, remember that you need a plan. The degree you are going for should have a purpose, and that purpose should be for a real plan after college. Otherwise you'll just end up with 4 years of good memories, a lot of debt, and no plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM

17 posts, read 23,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
lol well spend more time in Charleston. It isn't really what I would call pretty. Much of it is actually pretty tacky. Close to beach is good though.

If you have any friends going to one, that is probably where I would go just so you know somebody from the start.
I'm actually from out of state and I don't know anyone going to either school

Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 PM

202 posts, read 295,675 times
Quote:

DId you consider Clemson? It is public too. Close to the mountains in western part of state.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
lol, well thanks for reminding everybody on here about the hypocrisy of the moderation on here in that you are free to poli-spam the forum but I can't even post a response to a Democrat or the cabal of Gamecock nutty SuperFans who dominate this board without being disappeared.

This'll be my only response to you. Looks like I got you to stop posting so much which was my goal. Took a previously banned troll to enforce the TOS. lol
Or...it could be that I just don't spend hours a day, every day, on here....like you....and thus you THINK I post less.

Grow up buddy.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Or...it could be that I just don't spend hours a day, every day, on here....like you....and thus you THINK I post less.

Grow up buddy.
lol dude you were averaging like 30 new political soapbox threads a day, many of them just soapboxing about the joy of unions and how Haley ruined your life and how King Obama has presided over the best economy in the history of man on earth. lol

Your buddies went to bat for you though. Said I was being mean. I mistook Led Monkey for your lover given his White Knight syndrome protectiveness of you , until I found out he is under age. lol

Old 03-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
lol dude you were averaging like 30 new political soapbox threads a day, many of them just soapboxing about the joy of unions and how Haley ruined your life.

Your buddies went to bat for you though. Said I was being mean.
Blah blah blah That's all for another thread.

This thread is about her asking about CofC vs USC.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I'd say look at a few things:

1- What are you trying to get a degree for? Not what in, but what for? A degree is just a piece of paper if you aren't planning to do something with it.
2- Is the degree you are going to try to get....going to get you to where you want to be after college?
3- Research on the schools, see what their reputations are.
4- What hobbies do you want to have while in college?
5- What kind of social scene do you want while in college?
6- Will those hobbies and social scene prevent you from obtaining #1 and #2?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a beautiful campus in a fun city. But, before you spend all that money, even if it is a loan, remember that you need a plan. The degree you are going for should have a purpose, and that purpose should be for a real plan after college. Otherwise you'll just end up with 4 years of good memories, a lot of debt, and no plan.
I really appreciate this advice and will definitely put it into consideration. I've done a lot of research on all of the schools, and I've come across both good and bad. I always had intentions of going to law school but those intentions may end up changing

Old 03-25-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Blah blah blah That's all for another thread.

This thread is about her asking about CofC vs USC.
until GSP shows up then it will be about Charlotte vs Charleston, again. lol

nobody seems to mind that derail though

Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I would recommend going in state to save money because colleges are all generally the same thing. You'll just be paying lot more for the exact same education as people in your class if you down here.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
DId you consider Clemson? It is public too. Close to the mountains in western part of state.
I considered it but I never ended up applying to it. I also heard it was in the middle of nowhere haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina