Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:27 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,950,050 times

Advertisements

Well like I was saying, Simpsonville and Mauldin I completely agree with you on. Heck Mauldin is closer into Greenville than most parts of Columbia that are considered "in town"

Greer also most certainly has grown due to large in part to Greenville, but there still seems to be some separation between the two. Not saying it isnt a suburb but its not solely dependent on Greenville.

Its like Lexington in Columbia as I was saying in an earlier post, Lexington's growth has largely been due to Columbia and for the most part would identify as a part of Columbia, but Lexington is still somewhat independent just like Greer.

Simpsonville and Mauldin, absolutely I agree with you on though and for a large part agree about Greer too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 12:37 PM

5,492 posts, read 8,343,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Well like I was saying, Simpsonville and Mauldin I completely agree with you on. Heck Mauldin is closer into Greenville than most parts of Columbia that are considered "in town"

Greer also most certainly has grown due to large in part to Greenville, but there still seems to be some separation between the two. Not saying it isnt a suburb but its not solely dependent on Greenville.

Its like Lexington in Columbia as I was saying in an earlier post, Lexington's growth has largely been due to Columbia and for the most part would identify as a part of Columbia, but Lexington is still somewhat independent just like Greer.

Simpsonville and Mauldin, absolutely I agree with you on though and for a large part agree about Greer too
My business experiences locally say otherwise about Greer. But everyone has different views. Mine comes from dealing with it daily. The people I have looking in Greer are looking for the same needs as those looking in Simpsonville or Mauldin. That being they work in Greenville and want close proximity to it. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:40 PM

Sounds like a plan to me, its a nice place to live that im sure we can all agree on!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a plan to me, its a nice place to live that im sure we can all agree on!
I think it is. I understand what you're trying to say though. Cities/metro areas are laid out differently, but a suburb is a suburb none the less. Downtown area or not. As long as you like it, you can view however you want. You being happy is what matters.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 AM

8,255 posts, read 13,405,298 times
Default More Goings on in the Western Empire

Interesting little skirmish going on.. I wish Cayce, West Columbia, and Springdale would merge.. I guess the issue would be.. wadduya callit?

West Columbia message: Join us, not Springdale | The State The State

Old 03-31-2015, 09:07 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,468,317 times
I dont care who gets what, I just wish SC would start letting these cities annex. Our citites look so small yet are really so big.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
I think it is. I understand what you're trying to say though. Cities/metro areas are laid out differently, but a suburb is a suburb none the less. Downtown area or not. As long as you like it, you can view however you want. You being happy is what matters.
Most cities are laid out much differently, hence why I brought it up.

So what other places would you consider to be suburbs up here?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Most cities are laid out much differently, hence why I brought it up.

So what other places would you consider to be suburbs up here?
Every town in the county, including Powdersville.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:36 PM

So Tigerville? Is Marietta beginning to look like the one outside Atlanta?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
So Tigerville? Is Marietta beginning to look like the one outside Atlanta?
Tigerville and Marietta are very small and can't really be considered towns. They go to the more urban areas of Greenville county to shop etc. If it's in Greenville county it depends on Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina