Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2007, 05:39 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times

Advertisements

could someome give me the heads up on SC's smoking law? Where I live now smoking is banned almost everywhere except one's home( and I'm sure they will try to make that against the law soon!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 05:59 PM

90 posts, read 443,223 times
Depends on where you live in the state. Some counties have banned it and some have not done anything. For example, Greenville county voted to have it banned in the city and in all city restaurants, bars, etc. A judge in city court last week said that it was not 'law' and that the city could not enforce it. The bars and restaurants went back to having smoking areas again. Some have decided to become smoke free by their own choice. From what I last heard, Gov. Sanford is going to try and make it a state law and ban it. He was very interested in the Greenville case last week. They had him on the local news saying the state needs to get involved. I don't know how far that will go. He's just talking now... You'll have to watch our newspapers and keep updated on the situation. He vowed to do something by '08. We'll have to see.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catschmidt View Post
Depends on where you live in the state. Some counties have banned it and some have not done anything. For example, Greenville county voted to have it banned in the city and in all city restaurants, bars, etc. A judge in city court last week said that it was not 'law' and that the city could not enforce it. The bars and restaurants went back to having smoking areas again. Some have decided to become smoke free by their own choice. From what I last heard, Gov. Sanford is going to try and make it a state law and ban it. He was very interested in the Greenville case last week. They had him on the local news saying the state needs to get involved. I don't know how far that will go. He's just talking now... You'll have to watch our newspapers and keep updated on the situation. He vowed to do something by '08. We'll have to see.
ok, thanks!!

Old 10-04-2017, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,797 times
I live in a townhome just outside Greenville. My neighbor (connected to my townhome) CONSTANTLY smokes on the back screened in porch. I cannot open my windows, I cannot enjoy my backyard without gagging on his constant smoke - his son who lives with him also smokes, but not as much - do I have any rights regarding this????? Even with my windows closed I can occasionally smoke his smoke. I feel I am not only unable to enjoy my townhome but am also being subjected to the dangers of second hand smoke. Do you have any information for me. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:35 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggyb149 View Post
I live in a townhome just outside Greenville. My neighbor (connected to my townhome) CONSTANTLY smokes on the back screened in porch. I cannot open my windows, I cannot enjoy my backyard without gagging on his constant smoke - his son who lives with him also smokes, but not as much - do I have any rights regarding this????? Even with my windows closed I can occasionally smoke his smoke. I feel I am not only unable to enjoy my townhome but am also being subjected to the dangers of second hand smoke. Do you have any information for me. Thanks in advance.
Ask for HOA regulations and talk to the HOA president and board about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina