Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 03:33 PM

18 posts, read 26,991 times

Advertisements

After researching many areas, I have found that North Augusta SC seems like a good place to live. It isn't too big in population, but it is within reach of larger cities with many businesses. I am planning a trip down there to visit and look for rental houses and jobs. Am I wasting my time looking in this area? What are the people like? How is the economy for college students? Is it a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM

899 posts, read 2,288,442 times
In my opinion, if you want to move to South Carolina sight-unseen just based on research and it doesn't really matter where you live (as in, you're not restricted based on a job offer as to what areas you can look at), then I'd say that there are many, many better options than North Augusta. North Augusta would more likely be a place to have on your radar if you had your heart set on moving to Augusta, GA for some reason (like if you liked the feel of that area) and you wound up finding some living arrangements that suited you in North Augusta. Otherwise for a young couple wanting to come to SC to get jobs, make friends and build a life, I don't think you'll be that happy with North Augusta--not much going on there at all and the new people who move there tend to be retirees anyway.

Why not focus on Greenville, Columbia, or Charleston areas and the surrounding suburbs? That's where you'll find the most job opportunities, young people, and fellow newcomers.

If for some reason you are drawn to the area of SC where North Augusta is, then a better option would probably be Aiken. It's about 30-40 minutes east of North Augusta and the GA border. It's a second-tier metro in SC, much more going on there than North Augusta, and its got a great little downtown area. After the three areas I mentioned above, it might be worth a look.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,405 times
How does the N. Augusta area look for middle-age folks looking for a second career and some farm land?

Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,916,146 times
Dee,
North Augusta is fine for what you want.
Lots of farm land at very reasonable price.
Also, all of Aiken County has lots of farm land at very reasonable prices.
I think the best idea would be to visit and go around with a realtor for
a bit to see what you could buy with what money you have.
Or rent, whatever is more suited to you.
Lots of property for sale down here.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,538,172 times
If you want access to a big city and still live in SC, then York county.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM

125 posts, read 286,869 times
You should actually come to the area and check it out for yourself. It's not a large city, but it's not Mayberry either. The nearest real large city is Atlanta, about 130 miles to the west. Augusta is not a college town by any means.

Augusta does have one mall and the usual suspect of chain stores and resturants. Downtown Augusta sucks and that's being kind.
You probably be happier in York County or Charleston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina