Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 07:10 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times

Advertisements

Phew! I thought I was violating some unwritten WA laws and that's why they were so keen on driving on my back. I guess I will keep just being a decent human being. Hopefully it will pay off one day.

rumi79 - never let it leave your mind that being a decent human being is important and pays off for you and for those whom you come in contact with. It does matter. All lives matter. That includes animals. What is going on in Asia to dogs and cats is so wrong and immoral I can't stand knowing about it. I won't go any further - many Asians think that I'm being a racist to point out these gross wrongs. I'm not - if it happened in Norway I'd call them out on it. I pray that Almighty God takes those babies pain away sooner instead of later. They raise dogs to slaughter them - and sell their meat. But it's what their misguided belief system makes them do that's so wrong. They mistakenly believe that torturing the dogs horrendously before finally putting them out of their misery makes their meat "taste better because the adrenaline their bodies release tenderizes their meat for eaters on down the line."

What the? That is the world we live in now. Learning about WWII brings out more stories but this time it's people being terrorized and tortured. For their nationality. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 07:21 PM

328 posts, read 473,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Just affix a flag or bumper sticker with the number 12 on your car. Don't ask why. Just do it.

It's your guarantee of personal safety.
In the west at least xD

Old 10-14-2016, 07:33 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsard View Post
In the west at least xD
Correct. North of Eugene, and well west of the ND/Montana border. Wouldn't want to rile the cheeseheads and horned helmet folks.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Correct. North of Eugene, and well west of the ND/Montana border. Wouldn't want to rile the cheeseheads and horned helmet folks.
Didn't think the 12 was as strong in spokane till I saw it, but is it as strong as in seattle?

Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsard View Post
Didn't think the 12 was as strong in spokane till I saw it, but is it as strong as in seattle?
Nothing in Spokane is as strong as in Seattle. Including the traffic.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Nothing in Spokane is as strong as in Seattle. Including the traffic.
Lol

Old 10-16-2016, 03:53 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumi79 View Post
Let me ask you a question about WA driving. I think I am missing something. I come from NJ where drivers can be pretty aggressive and the way people drive here just amazes me. I don't understand why everyone is driving on my back with literally no distance between us. No wonder there are a lot of accidents in the winter. I usually drive at speed limit or slightly above.
I don't get it. Is this ride on the bumper of the car in front of you a Washingtonian thing?
I have pulled over few times to let them pass me because it drives me crazy!

I live waaaay over on the OP, in the middle of nowhere, yet so many people drive as if they're very important & MUST RIDE YOUR A-- to get to their very important (not) destination. It doesn't matter that the speed limit on most roads is 45 or lower, with State Patrol everywhere itching to write that ticket, or that most roads are one lane each way, with hardly any shoulder, deep ditches & poor visibility, frequently raining & sometimes icy. Oh, & there is also liberal use of the horn & high-beams if you don't get outta their way. But, where are you supposed to go? Doesn't matter, just MOVE. I was passed on the Hood Canal Bridge (!) & more recently, on 101 on the way to Quilcene, a car came up on our left IN THE SAME LANE & rode neck & neck to us...I guess we could have played chicken with him, but probably would have been pushed into the ditch. We watched him ride the a-- of another car ahead of us until that driver pulled onto the shoulder to let that fool go by. And this was on the way to Quilcene! WHY??? Rant over.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:46 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I live waaaay over on the OP, in the middle of nowhere, yet so many people drive as if they're very important & MUST RIDE YOUR A-- to get to their very important (not) destination. It doesn't matter that the speed limit on most roads is 45 or lower, with State Patrol everywhere itching to write that ticket, or that most roads are one lane each way, with hardly any shoulder, deep ditches & poor visibility, frequently raining & sometimes icy. Oh, & there is also liberal use of the horn & high-beams if you don't get outta their way. But, where are you supposed to go? Doesn't matter, just MOVE. I was passed on the Hood Canal Bridge (!) & more recently, on 101 on the way to Quilcene, a car came up on our left IN THE SAME LANE & rode neck & neck to us...I guess we could have played chicken with him, but probably would have been pushed into the ditch. We watched him ride the a-- of another car ahead of us until that driver pulled onto the shoulder to let that fool go by. And this was on the way to Quilcene! WHY??? Rant over.

You're not ranting - you're simply sayin' it how it is. Edmonds and Seattle was where I grew up and the I-5 freeway was where I first experienced the "slow fade". Someone just sneaks in in front of me in the right lane, not signaling. Yeledaf's theory on why people won't signal anymore is posted above. I like his explanation of it, but I don't like it. To me, it's very disrespectful when people "slow fade" and don't signal. To make things worse, they then oftentimes don't go the posted speed limit, so I have to pass them to our left. And in the Seattle rat-race of I-405 and I-5, oftentimes the next lane over is fully occupied, or someone is pulling in to that lane or speeding up in that lane.

Ahh, the joys of modern driving. James Dean would've been a monster on the California highways, huh? Then it happened.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

You're not ranting - you're simply sayin' it how it is. Edmonds and Seattle was where I grew up and the I-5 freeway was where I first experienced the "slow fade". Someone just sneaks in in front of me in the right lane, not signaling. Yeledaf's theory on why people won't signal anymore is posted above. I like his explanation of it, but I don't like it. To me, it's very disrespectful when people "slow fade" and don't signal. To make things worse, they then oftentimes don't go the posted speed limit, so I have to pass them to our left. And in the Seattle rat-race of I-405 and I-5, oftentimes the next lane over is fully occupied, or someone is pulling in to that lane or speeding up in that lane.

Ahh, the joys of modern driving. James Dean would've been a monster on the California highways, huh? Then it happened.
Johnny Turnipseed.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Some of the crazy-driver problems in Spokane is due to the fact that there is no proper north/south freeway into and out-of downtown.

Some people legitimately want to drive the non-freeway route, aka Division (LOL, highway-2), at the same speed as they would on a REAL freeway. The problem is, that usually cannot happen when they are caught at a stoplight every couple of blocks............so drivers get frustrated and start driving recklessly.

Some of the onramps on EB/WB I-90 must have been designed by traffic-engineers who are at
the bottom-of-the-barrel in common-sense......unnecessarily short and dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area