Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,121 times

Advertisements

Hello my long lost friends and neighbors of Spokane. We moved away from Washington a month ago and I miss it so much. I am homesick. We moved to Oklahoma after my husband lost his job in Spokane for the second time in two years. We had to walk away from our home, friends, church. It was hard and I am still in culture shock here in Tulsa. I do like the thunderstorms here but I miss the pinetrees and beauty all around in Washington.

All I can say is enjoy your beautiful state because you have so much. God's country is what I say about Oregon and Washington. So beautiful, so many campsites, places to go, snowboarding. Things that you take for granted until you don't have them anymore. So enjoy and maybe I will be there again some day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Yup. I feel your pain. I had to leave a long time ago thinking I'd be back before too long. Lived in a lot of beautiful places, met some wonderful people, but to this day still miss Eastern Washington, not just family, but the place. I thought in time I'd get over it, but, no. Just kind of get used to it, but not over it.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:32 PM

221 posts, read 1,195,545 times
WAAHHHH! Oh, how sad! And I mean this sincerely. I feel the same way! I just want to get home to Eastern Washington.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Add me to the list

We're in Spokane now, but we are moving away this weekend. My job is going back to Denver and if I still want it, we have to go with it.

I've already resigned myself to a new goal: Move back to Spokane by the time I retire. Considering that I'm only 25 now, I've got plenty of time.

I cannot say enough good things about this place.
-It's beautiful.
-The weather.
-Like I've said before, the people are FREAKING AMAZING!!!
-The fact that Seattle is only four hours away.
-Downtown
-The river
-Hardly any traffic
-The parks
-and on and on.....

I've never been so emotional about moving away from a place, and we've only been here four months. I really do love it here, and am going to miss the life we had here. I've never felt so right living in a place, it feels like the "home" I've been searching for since I left the place where I grew up (CA).

For some reason, it's just a feel-good place for me. I would occasionally ask myself, "Is this heaven?" and I'd respond with, "No. It's Spokane". LOL. That makes me sound crazy, but I assure you, I'm not. I think moving here and having to move back might be some sort of divine life lesson.

I hate that we are moving back to Denver, and I hope we do not regret it. In any case, Spokane will be here when we come back, and I can't wait.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:00 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,686 times
I can also relate to your feelings of the state of Washington and Oregon..I was away from my home state for many years while in the US Army and enjoy travelling and being assigned all around the country but I must quote Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz, "There is no place like home"..The only location that gave a close replica to my state was when I was living in Germany in the late 70's. Hopefully someday you'll be back for good....

Old 09-10-2009, 09:04 AM

26 posts, read 99,263 times
1 year ago, my wife and I moved back to Spokane after living in Kansas City, Missouri for the past 7 years. I must confess, it's so amazing being back in Spokane!! While I was in Missouri, I found myself longing for the mountains, pine trees, lakes, pristine rivers, fresh air, lack of humidity, small town feel, cool summer evenings, variety of outdoor activities, and simply put, the richness of living the Inland NW lifestyle! It's SOOO good to be back.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
If all goes well, Raelyn, I, too, will be in the Pacific NW next year. I can well understand if you love the beauty of temperate weather, mountains, trees and water, Oklahoma must be hard to take. No offense to Oklahoma - it's a personal taste.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 AM

325 posts, read 787,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
If all goes well, Raelyn, I, too, will be in the Pacific NW next year. I can well understand if you love the beauty of temperate weather, mountains, trees and water, Oklahoma must be hard to take. No offense to Oklahoma - it's a personal taste.
Speaking of personal taste, I honestly do not like living here (am attempting to get out as I despise people who complain about an area yet do nothing about it -- unfortunately the economy doesn't help ...), but it is really cool to see so many people this passionate about the Spokane area. As with anywhere, it's a personal taste and Spokane just does not fit me, but I know it does fit others who love it. And believe me the nature aspect of Spokane is pretty cool. Definitely my favorite part of Spokane.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 AM

Wow, thank you to everyone for sharing and hopefully we will all find something positive about where ever it is that we are... One thing I have found...every place has it's good and bad points. With Spokane there just isn't too many bad things about it. But like the above poster stated... it is a matter of perspective and not everyone likes the PNW. Some find it too grey and overcast. Some find it slow and boring.. I pray that all of you would find peace no matter where you go. I guess honestly if there is peace inside no matter where we go we will be alright.. Thanks again for sharing...

Old 09-17-2009, 02:44 AM

There are many things that are hard to take for sure but honestly the Academics and Sports in this State rock... My boys are becoming amazing baseball players because Baseball is huge in this part of the country... Football, baseball, basketball, etc...the most amazing teams and athletes come from the State of Oklahoma. This is all for a reason and we will see what the future holds and what the purpose is in all of this..... There is always a reason for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area