Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,698 times

Advertisements

I realize I just posted a similar thread a few weeks ago but I have to vent once more. I would come back to Spokane in a minute. Why am I saying this? Because many of you don't realize what you have and how nice it is there. Enjoy your beautiful State and your awesome town. I would love to be there. You truly don't know what you have until you lose it and I am a testimony to that statement. Please take pics and send them to me so I can at least have something wonderful to look at... Enjoy...

Maybe I will be back someday.... Spokane is a wonderful city and a great place to raise a family. I would recommend it to anyone who is considering a relocation and I noticed many people are considering a move to Spokane. I brag about it to everyone that I meet here in Oklahoma... Except unfortunately I DO NOT brag about the Washington Football/Baseball teams. Oklahoma unquestionably rocks at Sports!!! Go OU!!!

Last edited by Raelyn28; 09-17-2009 at 02:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 PM

28 posts, read 69,967 times
I sure hope you get back there someday. Life is way too short!

Your posts make me more and more excited about making the move to Spokane. We were in Sand Point a few years ago, and fell in absolute awe of the area. We're considering Spokane now, and will take some trips up there for that reason. It's exciting thinking about, which is what we've been doing for way too long. Now the work of actually getting there looms. The city is just gorgeous from the pictures I've seen, so that is exciting too.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for posting and giving me a little more incentive to make it work!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,701 times
I just wanted to say that I want to move up that way! I have a friend that lives in WA and she does not want to come back down here. I live in TX so I can only wonder why you would want to leave up north to be done here! Well take care!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM

Yes...but don't forget, I have two boys who play sports and I think this area Oklahoma/Texas is far superior to anything "sports wise" in Washinton.. It is all a trade-off. I would like to move back but wouldn't do it right now even if I had the chance. I think my boys are getting the opportunity of a lifetime here and there was a reason why we moved here. Oklahoma does have its good points as well. I do believe Texas, Oklahoma and possibly California have some of the best sports teams in the nation.. Am I right about that???

Have a VERY nice week/weekend and thanks for the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_n_kids View Post
I just wanted to say that I want to move up that way! I have a friend that lives in WA and she does not want to come back down here. I live in TX so I can only wonder why you would want to leave up north to be done here! Well take care!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 PM

I am really happy that I could be of encouragement to you.. Just keep in mind that the Northern part of Spokane and the area that borders Idaho is the prettiest. There are some parts that are just so-so. You are smart to plan a trip. Make sure to get around to all the places and don't wait too long. The winters can be brutal and last year it snowed ALOT from about December to March. I really like the snow and it is beautiful on those pine trees but it can be hard to get around especially if you don't have snow tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokane Soon View Post
I sure hope you get back there someday. Life is way too short!

Your posts make me more and more excited about making the move to Spokane. We were in Sand Point a few years ago, and fell in absolute awe of the area. We're considering Spokane now, and will take some trips up there for that reason. It's exciting thinking about, which is what we've been doing for way too long. Now the work of actually getting there looms. The city is just gorgeous from the pictures I've seen, so that is exciting too.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for posting and giving me a little more incentive to make it work!

Old 10-07-2009, 03:01 PM

265 posts, read 964,280 times
Raelyn, I sure wish you and David were still in Spokane. You both have been wonderful (as has everyone else) on this forum.

Wherever you are in Oklahoma, I hope you'll learn to like it. I've found Oklahomans and Texans to be friendly folks, but it's never easy moving away.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:24 AM

438 posts, read 1,796,564 times
Depressed. My parents are on vacation and have strongly hinted that they'd like to have their back bedroom back by the time they return--that's where we've been storing our extra stuff in anticipation of putting our house on the market--that was nearly a year ago!!! argh. I do not want to unpack. I feel utterly defeated and trying to get over my anger at the person who backed out on the deal to job-swap with my husband so that we could move to Spokane this summer. Had to dig through it last weekend because my daughter wanted one of her old prom dresses. I was in tears thinking about having to unpack it all. It feels like giving up and I really don't want to do that!
The silver lining is that I know there's quite a bit in there that I have lived without and that I can get rid of. Also, much of my kids toys have been in there. I told my youngest that I'd just give her her old stuff for Christmas this year. She actually thought that sounded like a good idea. lol. Makes me wish I was 10 again. Life was so much simpler then. :~/

Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 PM

Deena, where are you living and where were you supposed to move? I am not sure I am understanding your post? You know... I have come to realize that it is in the hard times or (trials) that we grow in character. This past several years has been very difficult for me but I have learned so much about myself and about what is truly important. I have also learned to enjoy each and every situation and place because things can change suddenly. I have lived now in 5-different states and where I am living right now is not one of my favorites.

At least I was able to experience living in some pretty amazing places even though and have found that there isn't a perfect place on this planet. I think I am learning to find the good where ever I am.. because there is always somewhere worse than where I am at...

I am trying to glean in the good from where I am NOW..right now and I am trying not to get caught up with living outside of "NOW". I don't think that is healthy... Hopefully things have become better for you since you have posted here. Let me know what you are doing and where you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena160 View Post
Depressed. My parents are on vacation and have strongly hinted that they'd like to have their back bedroom back by the time they return--that's where we've been storing our extra stuff in anticipation of putting our house on the market--that was nearly a year ago!!! argh. I do not want to unpack. I feel utterly defeated and trying to get over my anger at the person who backed out on the deal to job-swap with my husband so that we could move to Spokane this summer. Had to dig through it last weekend because my daughter wanted one of her old prom dresses. I was in tears thinking about having to unpack it all. It feels like giving up and I really don't want to do that!
The silver lining is that I know there's quite a bit in there that I have lived without and that I can get rid of. Also, much of my kids toys have been in there. I told my youngest that I'd just give her her old stuff for Christmas this year. She actually thought that sounded like a good idea. lol. Makes me wish I was 10 again. Life was so much simpler then. :~/

Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 PM

Thank you for the special comments. I don't know about David but he is probably as frustrated and homesick as I am.. Him and I have been around the same locations Hopefully all is well with him. I hope and pray that your son would do well in Post Falls. It is beautiful there, I am in envy of him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma(in waiting) View Post
Raelyn, I sure wish you and David were still in Spokane. You both have been wonderful (as has everyone else) on this forum.

Wherever you are in Oklahoma, I hope you'll learn to like it. I've found Oklahomans and Texans to be friendly folks, but it's never easy moving away.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 AM

438 posts, read 1,796,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Deena, where are you living and where were you supposed to move? I am not sure I am understanding your post?
I was just having a bit of a whine. We were supposed to be moving from the Everett area to Spokane this summer. My husband had arranged to swap jobs with someone, but they backed out. Meanwhile, we've packed up a bunch of our stuff to declutter the house to put it on the market. It's been stacked up in my parents' spare room--now they'd really like their space back. Having to unpack all that stuff is not my idea of fun.
Since I wrote that post, we have been given the opportunity to move to Boise. I don't know how I feel about this. It's twice as far away from my family here in the Seattle area then Spokane and I don't know much about it. Yes, I've been reading up on the forums...of course! But after studying up on Spokane for two years I know it better then my hometown of Everett. Now I have to start all over again to learn about Boise. :~/ D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area