Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:32 PM

151 posts, read 193,780 times

Advertisements

Where are all those Cubs and Raiders fans at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 08:52 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,316 times
I'm a fan of all Cleveland teams because I'm from close to the area, and I'm a fan of them through thick and thin (and all the miserable times that come with Cleveland sports) because...I'm a fan.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Because once a team is your team, they are your team for life. If you abandon your team, you lack character and are nothing more than a bandwagoner.

If your team does something wrong or illegal like the recent Penn State stuff you might be justified but never for performance on the field.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Because once a team is your team, they are your team for life. If you abandon your team, you lack character and are nothing more than a bandwagoner.
Agree. Once you make that choice, you're stuck!
I'd love to support a more successful team ~ I suppose its character building...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If your team does something wrong or illegal like the recent Penn State stuff you might be justified but never for performance on the field.
Hmmm, even then if its not representative of the team... one individual shouldn't define the entire organisation.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,573 times
The definition of fan= fanatic---i.e. a devotee of a team through the thick and the thin.

One is certainly not a legitimate fan if that person jumps from team to team based upon championships ----that is a bandwagon jumping----there are way too many bandwagon jumpers already.

Being from Wisconsin I choose the Packer, the Brewers, the Bucks, Marquette, and the Badgers.
There have been many lean years with those teams----there has been some massive frustration and anxiety producing years.

The great years come and make being a true fan exhilliarating and worthwhile. I can never understand how bandwagon fans can truly celebrate their victorys----sorry doesnt make sense to me.

We have all seen the fake Bulls fans in the Jordan era----the fake Cowboy fans of the 90s----and the fake Laker fans. I know a lot of our teams have been in the tank more often than not----but sorry being a real fan allows me the fealing of exhaltation when there is a true victory to celebrate.

Last edited by jefffla01; 01-24-2012 at 12:06 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
The same reason I don't tell my wife to get lost everytime we disagree about something.
Loyalty. devotion. Love.

Some people have no idea what that concept even is.

Yes, my favorite Football team stinks and my favorite baseball team has not had a winning season since 1992. So what ? I am not some hypocrit who jumps ship whenever the team falls apart

I don't give a Rat's Alimentary canal if the Pirates go 25 years without a winning season. I will still be at spring training supporting them and still wearing my pirates hat through the summer. I would not want to see them lose, I'd rather they win, and I remeber when they did win and win big!

I never cared for the attitute of fair weather fans. I know everyone likes a winner, and nothing wrong with wanting to win . But when the FANS act like bigger losers than the players, something is wrong.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Because I hold onto the hope that all of the years wandering through the desert and staying true to my team (the Vikings and Notre Dame football) will culminate in finding the land of milk and honey. There have been many lows in my fanship but I know that if and when my teams (specifically the Vikes as I'm a much bigger fan of pro football) breaks through...well words can't really describe it. I think it'd probably be a religious moment for me. I'm a grown man but I'd probably break down and cry.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 PM

650 posts, read 1,811,697 times
I'm a Knicks fan and I really thought they would be doing better this season. They are sucking more than they have in a long time.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
I'm a Knicks fan and I really thought they would be doing better this season. They are sucking more than they have in a long time.
It's because you traded for a guy that demands the ball all of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports