Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:22 PM

236 posts, read 271,886 times

Advertisements

Time will tell if the reporting is true. If so, a damning case for the game, and just sports in general. Very disheartening.

Quote:
An Indianapolis anti-aging clinic supplied quarterback Peyton Manning with human growth hormone, a performance-enhancing drug banned by the NFL, a pharmacist who once worked at the clinic asserts in a new special report from Al Jazeera’s Investigative Unit.
The report, “The Dark Side,” is the result of a monthslong investigation in which Liam Collins, a British hurdler, went undercover in an attempt to expose the widespread nature of performance-enhancing drugs in global sports. As a cover story, Collins tells medical professionals tied to the trade of performance-enhancing drugs that he is hoping for one last shot at glory at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Manning is just one of many high-profile players the report names and raises questions about.
Explosive Documentary Links Peyton Manning, Major Athletes To Doping Ring

Old 12-26-2015, 10:36 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
I can't help but LMFAO at Al Jazeera reporting the story! What do they know about American Football??

Old 12-26-2015, 10:43 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I can't help but LMFAO at Al Jazeera reporting the story! What do they know about American Football??
Considering that Al Jazeera has significant operation in the United States, probably more than you assume. Either way knowledge of the NFL isn't needed to report athletes using banned substances. Heck, most Americans don't know anything about cycling other than Lance Armstrong. American sports media is likely among the least qualified regarding cycling but that didn't make reporting on the dope scandal irrelevant.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:24 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneye217 View Post
Time will tell if the reporting is true. If so, a damning case for the game, and just sports in general. Very disheartening.

Explosive Documentary Links Peyton Manning, Major Athletes To Doping Ring
Sad. I hope it's not true. But like you said, time will tell.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:56 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
This is news? It's the NFL. HGH, 'roids, EPO, and stimulates are par for the course of every player. No way any would survive/thrive without them.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:14 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
America's sport. America's heroes. It all fits so nicely.

For those that discount Al Jazeera, it is a very high quality news effort, formerly own by Al Gore, I believe. He sold it to Al Jazeera a couple of years ago and they have kept is as a sort of PBS evening news type format. Not their fault the guy said what he said. He spouted off on camera. Then likely got paid a LOT of money or threatened with death, and he tried to recant.

But once the cat is out of the bag, it is hard to squelch the story (and who doesn't already believe that these super human athletes are running on all manner of drugs? They are just pieces of meat, paid a lot of money to perform, and discarded like used trash once they are done making a fortune for themselves, the league, the team's owners, and the broadcast media.

What do any of those people care if the performers are juiced to the moon as long as the package sells?

Old 12-28-2015, 09:57 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
sometimes where there is smoke there is fire, however in this case i doubt that manning was doping. or if he was, he has been doing for a very long time, and that would make it much easier for more than one person to step forward and make claims against him. armstrong had a lot of people step up and make the claim that he was doping.

how many people over the years have laid claim that manning has been doping?

however there is an air of dishonesty in this story, seems the "insider" mr collins is no angel to begin with;

Britain's Got Talent star Liam Collins handed bankruptcy ban for duping investors in property scam | This is Money

i would take this "report" with several grains of salt.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:47 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
There's always a grain of truth.. And, based on what i've read.. I think the grain is that Manning's wife was using HGH.

He's been very cagey about her..

Ryan Howard was an odd one to be included. He tore his achilles in the playoffs in 2011.. That was October.. Timeline doesn't seem right.

I don't think Manning was using, but.. I do think there was HGH shipped to his house.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
but then mannings wife is not a pro athlete now is she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports