Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times

Advertisements

This week, I'm going back to the original format.

Keystone Height
Which is more significant for Pennsylvania?: Pittsburgh's 6th Super Bowl or Phily's first World Series title in years?

Kings of the Courts
Which performance at MSG is more impressive to you?: Kobe's 61 pts. or Lebron's triple-double?

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
What story do you hate to hear the most?: Barry Bonds or Micheal Phelps?

Get ready for _________ season!
Now that football season's over, which are you looking forward to the most?: NBA 2nd half, NHL 2nd half, NASCAR, March Madness, or MLB Opening Day?

5th Quarter
What is most likely to happen first?: Cardinals get back to the Super Bowl, Oklahoma City Thunder get's a winning season, or Phillies repeat as World Champs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 11:04 AM

2,541 posts, read 11,336,828 times
I wanna see the iggles win the SB next season, the phils win the WS, and the Sixers win the NBA champ, and the Flyers win the cup

Old 02-05-2009, 11:49 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,353,364 times
Keystone Height
football > baseball
Also, a 6th title connotes consistent dominance and a broken title drought connotes years of failure beforehand.

Kings of the Courts
Push: 61 is a lot and nothing to scoff at, but an all-around performance should be applauded as much.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Phelps: at least Bonds is a douchebag so keep badgering him.

NHL playoffs: Sharks are at their best ever and looking to finally do something. Also, continuing NLL season, start of MLS and several overseas sports which I won't get into.

5th Quarter
I'll go with the winning season because it's much less to ask of a team.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:21 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,762,438 times
Keystone Height
YAWN.....

Kings of the Courts
YYAAAAAWNNNNN.....

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
WYYYYYYAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNN!!!

HOCKEY

5th Quarter
Cards

Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 PM

317 posts, read 535,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Keystone Height
YAWN.....

Kings of the Courts
YYAAAAAWNNNNN.....

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
WYYYYYYAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNN!!!

HOCKEY

5th Quarter
Cards
^^agreed

Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,297,321 times

Keystone Height
Which is more significant for Pennsylvania?: Pittsburgh's 6th Super Bowl or Phily's first World Series title in years?

I have never been to Pennsylvania; and I care about their sports teams even less. I will have to default to the experts on this.

Kings of the Courts
Which performance at MSG is more impressive to you?: Kobe's 61 pts. or Lebron's triple-double?

Anytime you go above 60 points, it is very impressive. Of course, if you go above 50 getting a triple double; that is very impressive. I think they are both very impressive in their own ways; if forced to pick I would take Lebron's by the slimmest of margins.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I didn't care about Phelps when he was winning medals; and I certainly don't care now. I am completely indifferent to the Phelps story and hearing about it; the Bonds story is at least interesting to me, even if it is just a little bit.

Now that football season's over, which are you looking forward to the most?: NBA 2nd half, NHL 2nd half, NASCAR, March Madness, or MLB Opening Day?

I am excited about all of them except NASCAR. I guess since the Pacers still have a sliver of playoff home, I'll go with that.

5th Quarter
What is most likely to happen first?: Cardinals get back to the Super Bowl, Oklahoma City Thunder get's a winning season, or Phillies repeat as World Champs?

I would pick the OKC Thunder by default; because expecting the Cards or Phils to repeat is tough. The Phillies probably won't repeat, so that eliminates them. Then it becomes a questions of the OKC Thunder having a winning season or the Cards having a winning season. I think OKC can have a winning season within 4 years. The odds of the Cards going back to the Super Bowl in time frame is slim.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:10 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,247,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Keystone Height
Phillies, it was the city's first title in 25 years
Kings of the Courts
Triple-double

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
both are annoying beyond measurments

Now that football season's over, which are you looking forward to the most?: NBA 2nd half, NHL 2nd half, NASCAR, March Madness, or MLB Opening Day?NBA, NHL, and March Madness

5th Quarter
What is most likely to happen first?: Cardinals get back to the Super Bowl, Oklahoma City Thunder get's a winning season, or Phillies repeat as World Champs?hmm, good ?, Probably Phil's repeat
good topic

Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Keystone Height
*yawn* Let's let the lunkheads in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia battle this one out on their own.

Kings of the Courts
LeBron rocks.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Michael Phelps. It's just a bong, for crying out loud. You'd think he was selling heroin to aspiring teenage Olympians the way everyone's carrying on.

Opening Day.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,664,598 times
1. The Steelers' Super Bowl, if only because football is the bigger sport these days.

2. Hmm. I don't watch basketball, but 61 points sounds pretty impressive.

3. I was tired of Phelps from the minute everyone started fawning over him.

4. Of those options, NHL second half. But really, I'm looking forward to Six Nations rugby and the start of the Super 14 season. Thank God for Setanta sports! Once football is over, rugby picks up to fill the void.

5. If Warner comes back, the Cardinals. If he doesn't, I'll go with a Phillies repeat.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Keystone Height

I think they are both equally as important.

Kings of the Courts

Nothing in the NBA is important until they start dribbling again

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Both of them. They need to leave Phelps along and Bonds just needs to fade away without any attention.

The most important season in sports - MLS. It's only about six weeks away!

5th Quarter

Cards get back, they obviously have the tools in place to get there.

[+] Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports