Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,709,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
Pink, if you're going to dish out sarcasm, you've got to learn how to take it! Honestly, I can barely type right now as I'm still laughing over your previous post to jp03 reminding him to change his Pampers before going to the funeral parlor. Now THAT is one heck of a "mind blowing, thought provoking, deeply thought out" post.

A good laugh, and a prayer, does the heart good. Thanks.

Oh, how I love this forum and the "interesting" cast of characters.
CVP---since you're such a good sport I'm thinking of going easy on you in the future. Remember I said "thinking". Need to go now and buy the Champagne for tonite. What a shame you guys will need to drink Charlotte water. Hey, here's a thought---why not go out and buy those gallons of water in the supermarket?? Maybe some chips or pretzel. Everybody needs to party....even if it's not in the winner's circl. boo hoo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
CVP---since you're such a good sport I'm thinking of going easy on you in the future. Remember I said "thinking". Need to go now and buy the Champagne for tonite. What a shame you guys will need to drink Charlotte water. Hey, here's a thought---why not go out and buy those gallons of water in the supermarket?? Maybe some chips or pretzel. Everybody needs to party....even if it's not in the winner's circl. boo hoo
Gee, I appreciate your kindness, but don't do me any favors. I can hold my own thanks. BTW, I'm not a huge Phillies fan. I was just trying to get you going. And while you're away from your computer out buying your champagne, take a big gulp of fresh air. I think you need it.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Is this the best you can so???Don't forget to change your Pampers before going to the funeral parlor tonite.(only trying to remind you so you're not embrassed when you walk in.)
yea yea,,,the rest of the league is fully aware of the Yankees .... You bought a World series...glad you root for a team that knows how to spend money...you must be proud.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,867,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
yea yea,,,the rest of the league is fully aware of the Yankees .... You bought a World series...glad you root for a team that knows how to spend money...you must be proud.
Dont mean to sound naive, but isnt that the whole point of professional sports?? I mean, seriously, if an owner wants to win the World Series (or Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, whatever...) arent they expected to spend the money to do so? Of course it helps that the Steinbrenners have deep pockets. It also helps that the Yankees are arguably the most loved team in all of pro sports.

Seems to me you're peddaling a bit of Haterade, because whoever owns the bunch of losers you root for declines to pony up the dough to win a championship.

Twenty Seven- has a marvelous ring to it, huh?!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Dont mean to sound naive, but isnt that the whole point of professional sports?? I mean, seriously, if an owner wants to win the World Series (or Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, whatever...) arent they expected to spend the money to do so? Of course it helps that the Steinbrenners have deep pockets. It also helps that the Yankees are arguably the most loved team in all of pro sports.

Seems to me you're peddaling a bit of Haterade, because whoever owns the bunch of losers you root for declines to pony up the dough to win a championship.

Twenty Seven- has a marvelous ring to it, huh?!
Ah...spoken like a true Yankee fan.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
This thread is interesting....

Go PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Ah...spoken like a true Yankee fan.
Yankees by the way...are the most HATED team in all sports by far. The only people who love the Yankees are yankee fans..everyone else gives them or their fans ZERO respect which is exactly what the deserve.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,867,100 times
Quote:
Yankees by the way...are the most HATED team in all sports by far. The only people who love the Yankees are yankee fans..everyone else gives them or their fans ZERO respect which is exactly what the deserve.
Well, way to go, George Costanza! Way to come back 2 hours later and really zing me AND the Yankees! Of course, you're right- plenty of people love to hate a winner!! Fact is, the recipe obviously works- The Yankees have 6 World Series titles since Steinbrenner took over. But heck, if hating the Yankees (and their fans) helps you get through the night, then more power to you!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,863 times
Quote:
Well, way to go, George Costanza! Way to come back 2 hours later and really zing me AND the Yankees! Of course, you're right- plenty of people love to hate a winner!! Fact is, the recipe obviously works- The Yankees have 6 World Series titles since Steinbrenner took over. But heck, if hating the Yankees (and their fans) helps you get through the night, then more power to you!
I think what people hate is obnoxiousness.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Of course the recipe works. The RECIPE is to buy the best players on the market....real accomplishment..

Hey look everyone another loud and proud Yankee fan. Don't worry if you guys can't develop enough pitching you can just go buy the 2 best on the market for 150 million . What no first baseman? Don't worry a hundred mil will cover it. Hahha...love you Yankee fans..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports