Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:55 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Did I hear someone suggest a ROAD TRIP?! Hahaha! I can't help but hear the girls in Legally Blonde as I say that! Toooo funneee!

I learned yesterday that there is another cheese store in Springfield. It's called The Cheddar Block and is at 1440 W Republic Rd. Phone: (417) 877-1889. I haven't been there, yet but I just called and learned that they don't have wine. The girl told me that The Brown Derby is next door to them and on Saturdays they have a wine tasting and The Cheddar Block provides the cheese for that.

If you happen to be able to go there today, Saturday, July 14th, she said they (the businesses) were having a block party today with all sorts of fun things going on.

Anyway, wouldn't it be fun to go to Heather Hill Farms store one Thursday evening and go on a Saturday sometime to The Brown Derby 's wine tasting event? We'd just have to be sure to just sample...or bring a designated driver!

So, how 'bout, folks? Do you see a road trip in our future?
Road trip yes!! ... umm I don't know about a designated driver - my daughter refuses to drive and will be 17 next month .. maybe by then we can make her go along and drive lol ....... I can see her drawing pictures of us lushes now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 12:57 PM

Look im multi talented now lol

Old 07-14-2007, 01:20 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Thumbs up Whoohoo! 2b shared a gif!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Road trip yes!! ... umm I don't know about a designated driver - my daughter refuses to drive and will be 17 next month .. maybe by then we can make her go along and drive lol ....... I can see her drawing pictures of us lushes now!
I'm so impressed, 2b! I haven't done a gif yet! And that one's perfect for this thread!!!

Awww, we don't want your daughter along for that outing, anyway. If you live near one of the other TRU Friends, you can probably go together! If you live near me, I'll drive! I know I won't drink too much!

'Sides...we ain't no real lushes, anyways! As a matter of fact, I ain't seen none o' them 'round here!

Old 07-14-2007, 02:03 PM

lol good ..........

I think i have a 2 glass limit!!

Umm last time I had more than that ......... I got stuck in a claw foot bathtub and couldn't stand up! my hubby still laughs at this ... do ya know how slippery those get with soap? bad bad bad .. I kept sliding back down ........
so no replays of that!

Old 07-14-2007, 07:33 PM

Oh, that sounds like a baaaad memory you got there, 2b! Definitely don't want to repeat that one! I'll be sure to keep you away from too much to drink......and claw foot bathtubs! Got it!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, that sounds like a baaaad memory you got there, 2b! Definitely don't want to repeat that one! I'll be sure to keep you away from too much to drink......and claw foot bathtubs! Got it!
good deal!! lol It was actually very funny .. we were in the bed and breakfast and we were both giggling like little kids and the owner asked if everything was ok ..and my husband was trying to get me to be quiet and we were both laughing so hard .........

it was probably a good thing that the other couple were about the same as us ..never left the kids was the first time without them ..and had sampled all day long as well..... fewwwwwwwwww that was some fun times ....... brought the zing back to our marriage

Old 07-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
good deal!! lol It was actually very funny .. we were in the bed and breakfast and we were both giggling like little kids and the owner asked if everything was ok ..and my husband was trying to get me to be quiet and we were both laughing so hard .........

it was probably a good thing that the other couple were about the same as us ..never left the kids was the first time without them ..and had sampled all day long as well..... fewwwwwwwwww that was some fun times ....... brought the zing back to our marriage
Oh, you're right, 2b! That does sound like a fun memory! Prob'ly still shouldn't be repeated in a claw foot bathtub, though!

Maybe we should be sure to bring your husband along on the outing, though, just in case you need to be kept quiet! Teehee! Even though he wasn't very successful the first time, at least he has some experience! Besides, it sounds like it'd be fun to see you two reenact that scene!

Old 07-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, you're right, 2b! That does sound like a fun memory! Prob'ly still shouldn't be repeated in a claw foot bathtub, though!

Maybe we should be sure to bring your husband along on the outing, though, just in case you need to be kept quiet! Teehee! Even though he wasn't very successful the first time, at least he has some experience! Besides, it sounds like it'd be fun to see you two reenact that scene!
Nahhhhhhh thats ok... its a done deal one time event ..not happen again!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:03 PM

Understood...thanks for sharing the memory with us!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:38 AM

no problem !! ......... I'm sure I have more of "those type of events"

he just reminded me of when we went to Columbia Mo for a Beach Boy concert...................... ugh!! Why must he remember all these silly things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area