Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:03 PM

9 posts, read 87,458 times

Advertisements

I and my family are moving to somwhere north of Sprinfield,and I have my eye on Bolivar.I have researched,but would like input from people that have actually been there,or,lived there.My daughter is 12,and we are Christen.Not extreme religious like some,but my daughter does attend a christen school presently.I am a mechanic/welder by trade and will need to secure work within a 40 mile radius.With medical.I know,I know...But any input would be great.Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 04:16 PM

65 posts, read 389,618 times
Default Welcome to the area

Bolivar is a great place, I have always liked the town but I myself have not lived there, like most of Missouri small towns it has a great atmosphere of community, local square etc. There is Southwest Baptist University there as well, my wife is a graduate of their nursing program.

Finding work as a welder the first places that I think of are Paul Mueller Steel Company located in Springfield, then there are welding positions usually where I live but I live South of Springfield, in Ozark, where we have a Tracker Marine Plant, they build trailers for boats.

Hope this helps.

Darren Stewart

Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 PM

187 posts, read 1,022,882 times
As a matter of fact, just across Kansas Expressway from Paul Mueller, I'm pretty sure I saw a sign the other day that said they were hiring welders there. If you go north on Kansas Expressway, you'll see the sign on the right-hand side, just across from Paul Mueller, right before the Chestnut Expressway stop light.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 5,181 times
I dont know if you have moved or not yet but i saw your post and had to reply. I also recently moved to Bolivar in April of last year. I love this town. It is nothing like Springfield(which is what i was looking for). The people here are very friendly and just about everyone waves as you drive by. The schools are also awesome. As for work i cant say there are a whole lot of places to work here but there is a Tracker here as well as in Springfield. As far as churches go there is one on every corner just about and several in between, and the schools are ranked pretty high too. If you want to know anything else feel free to ask.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed up View Post
I and my family are moving to somwhere north of Sprinfield,and I have my eye on Bolivar.I have researched,but would like input from people that have actually been there,or,lived there.My daughter is 12,and we are Christen.Not extreme religious like some,but my daughter does attend a christen school presently.I am a mechanic/welder by trade and will need to secure work within a 40 mile radius.With medical.I know,I know...But any input would be great.Thanks in advance.
I like Bolivar very much. I find it to be an attractive small town. I almost bought a home there just about two miles northeast of the town square in 2005. The town was great, the sellers were a problem...so I bailed and ended up about 7 miles north of Springfield/ I-44 which turned out for me to be perfect as it's close enough to get into Springfield quickly, but far enough out to be completely country and unaffected by the city.
The only caution I'd give about Bolivar is any commuting if you have to commute south to maintain a job as 13 is a pretty dangerous road and people drive like bats out of hell on it. A lot of fatal accidents happen on it and when I was driving from Springfield to Bolivar to look at homes, I found it a bit unnerving at times.
The other thing about commuting is weather. The winter of 05 wasn't bad, very little snow, no ice, and fairly warm temperatures. This winter has been terribly cold since November with an ice storm on Nov.30 followed by 5" of snow, then a terrible ice storm in early January that wrecked pretty much everything and made roads impassable, and frequent snowfalls.
I worry even about driving into Springfield from where I live a lot this winter. You have to be very careful and the snowplows don't always get to the roads quickly. When it's iced, there's not much they can do as you can't just push it aside like snow.
But I like Bolivar a lot. Pretty town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area