Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times

Advertisements

Are there any there? We saw a house on Vacation Houses USA on the Travel Channel and it was in the Branson Area. What a stupendous view of a lake it had too!

So we have a few questions.

Are there any Asian markets, or even a Chinese Restaurant in the area? Any other ethnic foods like Italian markets that sell fresh Mozzarella cheeses and things?

Who is the local cable company and if you are currently a subscriber to their high speed internet, how reliable is it? How fast? ( you can check the speed by going to Speakeasy - Speakeasy, Inc. - Broadband, Voice and Data Services and clicking on the closest server to you. Then just let it do it's thing and you'll get a read out of your speeds.

Would you call the area suburban or rural in general?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Smile Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Are there any there? We saw a house on Vacation Houses USA on the Travel Channel and it was in the Branson Area. What a stupendous view of a lake it had too!

Are there any Asian markets, or even a Chinese Restaurant in the area? Any other ethnic foods like Italian markets that sell fresh Mozzarella cheeses and things?

Who is the local cable company and if you are currently a subscriber to their high speed internet, how reliable is it? How fast? ( you can check the speed by going to Speakeasy - Speakeasy, Inc. - Broadband, Voice and Data Services and clicking on the closest server to you. Then just let it do it's thing and you'll get a read out of your speeds.

Thank you
Hi there! Pretty nice lake, eh?

There are no asian markets right here in Branson (yet...) but there are several 35 miles away in Springfield. There are a variety of asian restaurants ranging from all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets to some pretty good Thai & Japanese. You can find some Italian products in the immediate area, I like shopping the food aisle at Southtowne Liquors in Hollister ~ and the local grocery stores are very responsive if there's something you need that you can't find.

Haven't had the cable broadband...I'll leave that one to someone else.

Rural. Definitely rural, but with a lot of advantages due to the high number of visitors each year and the fact that the bulk of the population is from somewhere else. Demand=supply, eh?

I moved here from a large city. There will be things you miss. The madness is not one of them.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:47 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Believe it or not we're just shutting the business down for the day. We're in the middle of a new mailout and also a huge auction has been going on which we were taking part in. Thats with the end of the month books coming up as well. Whew, dog tired here.

Will definitely have more questions tomorrow. Thank you for the input and I'll answer you tomorrow.

Nigh Nigh

Old 07-06-2008, 10:33 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post

Thank you
Welcome to the Forums...we love answering questions about this area we all now call home.

Ethinic Grocery stores....not in this area but there are a few in Springfield. However, most of the grocery stores carry a relatively good selection of produce like bok choy, bean sprouts, snow peas, ginger, etc. They also carry a selection of packaged/canned ethnic foods or gourmet items covering Asian, Italian, Indian, German, English, and more. Southtown Liquors in Hollister carries fresh Italian foods from "The Hill" (Italian district) in St. Louis which includes fresh salami's, mozzarella, and more...and if they are out, they will order it for you. International Brown Derby and Cheddar Block in Springfield carry a wide selection of cheeses and gourmet products.

Asian restaurants (search on the earlier thread for this topic for a wider view) are around...Chinese, Thai, Korean but some are better than others. I've found that the Thai restaurants are better (IMHO) than the Chinese but there are a few killer restaurants in Springfield (see earlier thread again).

I don't have cable where I live so it's DSL for me.

As LJ said...definitely a rural feel although Branson has a definite "tourist" feel too. All of the towns around here a small towns. Springfield is a med sized city and I'm not sure I would even say that it feels "suburban" per se.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area