Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 PM

34 posts, read 65,698 times

Advertisements

Having worked in the KC area for 14 months and dealing with gang members everyday. Being transferred to Springfield was like walking into heaven. The Springfield Police Department and the Greene County Sheriffs Office do not waist anytime on stepping on gang members. The majority are local kids caught up in gang mentality, but the leaders are coming in from area's like St Louis and Kansas City. You will see some gang colors at times but the police continue to hassle them, that they ether leave or go underground. The Missouri State Patrol also has several units marked and unmarked, with drug dogs. I-44 Highway 13 and 71 are watched heavily. There are several local and Federal task forces who continue to make arrests in this area all the time. Missouri is gaining ground on meth and other illegal drugs. Gang activity has been depressed and I can assure you local and state law enforcement will not allow them to take a firm hold.

I watched the KY3 news casts on Springfield gangs, and I do know some the information they relayed was somewhat outdated.

But that is just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,307 times
springfeild DOES not have a gang problem these are kids that are bored there not active, have no affiliations with no real organized street gangs they tag up buildings cross out other gangs and thats it. nothing like chicago, L.A., ATL, New York. moving to Springfeild from Atlanta 2 years ago its all a joke just because kids affiliate themselves with a set doesn't mean they put in work. rinky dink towns like St. Robert/Waynesville, MO have more of an active gang scene then Springfeild. trust me its people that talk the talk they aren't built to last. being a active gang member myself ever since i was 7 and im 18 now you can point out the wannabes and Springfeild is filled with them.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:31 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZON1ShaWT View Post
being a active gang member myself ever since i was 7 and im 18 now you can point out the wannabes and Springfeild is filled with them.
I'd love to hear more about the particular community organization to which you belong, and maybe hear about some of your favored leisure time activities.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I'd love to hear more about the particular community organization to which you belong, and maybe hear about some of your favored leisure time activities.

The greatest daily challenge for most active street gang members is trying to walk upright!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM

86 posts, read 167,243 times
OK I am confused! So are people from Springfield saying that anyone considering moving there should be in fear for their lives and the lives of their children because gangs are AS bad in Springfield as they are in parts of Chicago, New York or LA??

Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM

6 posts, read 18,002 times
I say we do what gangs are doing to the good people and just start shooting gang members at random. They are all laughing at what they do to honest people and the government is making money from their actions. I say we start shooting gangs and maybe the government will then start banning hand guns and automatic weapons. Any moron at the age of 18 can apply and get a license to shoot people. And even more people can get stolen guns and use them too. I think killing is unjust but when our own government is allowing guns to be sold a short miles from schools and knowing kids are shooting kids and gangs are taking over the streets and neighborhoods, you think something would be done but why change a good thing when people can make money off of the Jone's or the Smith's kids getting wacked because it sells newspapers and magazines and it gives the law makers another reason to lobby money for themselves in the name of B.S. and while they are shaking the parents hand with fake remorse the other hand is collecting the pay-off.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:33 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee View Post
I say we do what gangs are doing to the good people and just start shooting gang members at random. They are all laughing at what they do to honest people and the government is making money from their actions. I say we start shooting gangs and maybe the government will then start banning hand guns and automatic weapons. Any moron at the age of 18 can apply and get a license to shoot people. And even more people can get stolen guns and use them too. I think killing is unjust but when our own government is allowing guns to be sold a short miles from schools and knowing kids are shooting kids and gangs are taking over the streets and neighborhoods, you think something would be done but why change a good thing when people can make money off of the Jone's or the Smith's kids getting wacked because it sells newspapers and magazines and it gives the law makers another reason to lobby money for themselves in the name of B.S. and while they are shaking the parents hand with fake remorse the other hand is collecting the pay-off.
Too bad our "stupid" Constitution guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms, huh?

In case you missed the sarcasm, I'll go on to say that guns do not kill people. They are simply tools that can be used for many different purposes. I'll also say that vehicles kill a whole lot more people every year than guns do. Wanna ban them too? After all, any idiot at the age of 16 can get a license and pilot one of these killing machines without supervision.

The platform is yours again, mrlee...

Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 18,002 times
What constitution? We have a constitution? Incase you didn't notice Mr.****disturber, What my opinion says and what actually is, is 2 different subjects just like your reply. I talk about guns and you bring up cars. I guess if I say nut you say shell. How else may I help you besides you trying to fulfill your daily quota of discriminating other peoples thoughts. i think I hear your mommy calling you home.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Too bad our "stupid" Constitution guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms, huh?

In case you missed the sarcasm, I'll go on to say that guns do not kill people. They are simply tools that can be used for many different purposes. I'll also say that vehicles kill a whole lot more people every year than guns do. Wanna ban them too? After all, any idiot at the age of 16 can get a license and pilot one of these killing machines without supervision.

The platform is yours again, mrlee...
Great post Snake.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:12 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee View Post
What constitution? We have a constitution? Incase you didn't notice Mr.****disturber, What my opinion says and what actually is, is 2 different subjects just like your reply. I talk about guns and you bring up cars. I guess if I say nut you say shell. How else may I help you besides you trying to fulfill your daily quota of discriminating other peoples thoughts. i think I hear your mommy calling you home.
Ooh, I like it when people come to a battle of wits unarmed and then get sassy about it. We'll have some fun...

Let me try to break down the logic and see if it helps you to connect the dots. You made the argument that government should ban guns to help prevent people from getting killed. I pointed out that guns don't kill people. I went on to point out that cars don't kill people either, but a larger number of people use cars to kill people than use guns to kill people. Then I threw in a little sarcasm to bolster my belief that banning objects will not have any successful bearing in a reduction of the murder rates. In other words, I used an analogy to prove a point and nullify your claims.

We can call names and toss insults all day long if you like, but I'd prefer to debate the issues and see who wins based on the merit of our arguments. You up for that? If so, I'm your Huckleberry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area