Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 7,078 times

Advertisements

Hi all-
We are getting ready to move and need to hire a property management company to oversee and rent our house out. Anyone have personal experiences-- good or bad-- with any of the local companies? I'm looking for opinions from both owners and tenants. We'd really like to make sure we get a company that will be fair with tenants and take care of our property as well. Thanks for any and all information shared!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 01:27 PM

12 posts, read 39,170 times
STAY AWAY FROM UTAH DIXIE RENTALS. They will not return your calls, they will not take care of your property and frnakly they dont have a clue what they are doing. If you have an issue. at all. Kendall and Greg will screen you phone # and cdeliberately avoid you.

Had a great experience with Holiday Resert Realty. They may be a little pricer, I am not sure but they are throurough and fair to both owner and tenants.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:27 PM

86 posts, read 223,522 times
I am also extremely interested in this thread. Hope to find out more when I am in town second week of August.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 PM

18 posts, read 84,330 times
Thanks for your reply Southwesternative. It's good to have word of mouth for something like this! I appreciate your input.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM

Met with Holiday Resort Realty on Wednesday. Lady was fantastic. Not only did we feel like we would get good service for our property, but picked up many other helpful tips. They do not manage that many rentals, which I felt was a plus. BUT, as mentioned previous, fees were higher than most.

I also am looking into another (smaller) company which came highly recommended by our current tenants.

I must say, no matter who you see, or where you go, everyone in St. George is so friendly! We love it!!!

Any questions please send a PM.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 AM

26 posts, read 51,376 times
Interesting thread as we are looking to do some short term rentals (one month) ahead of buying a future home to then vacation rent out when we are not there.

I have dropped Holiday Resort Realty an email thanks to Townie33's recommendation.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 AM

18 posts, read 84,330 times
We eventually chose Rod Ohlwiler from Lynx. He's been absolutely fantastic! Flexible but straightforward, honest, and attentive to our property. He is helpful without being pushy and leaves the final decision to us. For us it has been a perfect fit. We've been so happy with him I just wanted to stop and leave a recommendation for others looking for good property management.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumo View Post
We eventually chose Rod Ohlwiler from Lynx. He's been absolutely fantastic! Flexible but straightforward, honest, and attentive to our property. He is helpful without being pushy and leaves the final decision to us. For us it has been a perfect fit. We've been so happy with him I just wanted to stop and leave a recommendation for others looking for good property management.
Thanks for the note!

We will definitely give him a call. We still like the lady from Holiday, but nice to have options.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,214 times
Townie33, if you haven't made a decision yet, you might want to check out Rim Rock Property Management has worked with us very well. We have had 2 rentals and Tom at Rim Rock has managed them now for about 4 years. Keeps us informed, takes care of the minor issues and consults with us for anything mid to major.

Keith

Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajohnson9 View Post
Townie33, if you haven't made a decision yet, you might want to check out Rim Rock Property Management has worked with us very well. We have had 2 rentals and Tom at Rim Rock has managed them now for about 4 years. Keeps us informed, takes care of the minor issues and consults with us for anything mid to major.

Keith
As always, any and all hints/tips are greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George