Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 07:07 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,668,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramcil View Post
Weirdos!! Everyone that wrote back EXCEPT Doggiematic is BEYOND IMMATURE. MY BEST FRIEND IS MEXICAN AND HE'S SITTING RIGHT HERE LAUGHING AT HOW LAME YOU ARE!! I'M NO BIGGOT. BUT U ALL MUST LIVE IN SHOE BOXES. POLITICALLY INCORRECT OR NOT U ALL CAN KISS MY SO CAL BLOND ASS!
Pro tip: Typing in all caps while calling reasonable people immature because they didn't reinforce your preconceptions paints one in a very poor light.

Aaaand because I love you, here's a translation, just for you, Lauramcil:
Cuando una persona escribe en mayusculas y llama a otra gente inmadura por estar en desacuerdo, se ven mal
But because I'm personally not a bigot, I'm cool with you typing in caps while simultaneously littering your post with grammatical and spelling errors. You're absolutely welcome to continue to do so. Just don't expect me to take you too seriously. As for Washington, it's about 90% Non-Hispanic Whites, so if that's the single quality in which you judge a town I think you'll like it. It does tend to be a bit more LDS than the larger cities in Utah, but you'll find other Christian churches, I'm sure. That being said, if you struggle with Hispanic cultural differences, I imagine you'll struggle with Mormon cultural differences. Sometimes the problem is within ourselves, not with those around us.

Would you like a Spanish translation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 09:18 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,876,319 times
I was standing in line at Costa Vida the other day and noticed that not only were all the people in line white but all the people behind the counter were white as well. That's not something you would typically see in the Phoenix area, which is where I'm from.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:03 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I was standing in line at Costa Vida the other day and noticed that not only were all the people in line white but all the people behind the counter were white as well. That's not something you would typically see in the Phoenix area, which is where I'm from.
It is interesting admittedly. St. George is white and hispanic. That's it. All others are a petite minority.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:20 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
One of the last few places like it

Old 01-06-2017, 03:07 PM

335 posts, read 517,994 times
Quote:
That's great as long as tweakers aren't an issue...

I sincerely hope LEOs there have a -0- tolerance on illicit drug use, especially Meth!, St. George is at the top of the list of my places to relocate once I establish my new business.

Happy 2017!

Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 PM

263 posts, read 438,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post

I sincerely hope LEOs there have a -0- tolerance on illicit drug use, especially Meth!, St. George is at the top of the list of my places to relocate once I establish my new business.
Even though it's pretty damn pervasive in SW Utah, LE still takes illicit drugs pretty seriously, thanks to the conservative culture. There's *relatively* low crime, so LE has more opportunity to proactively police & focus on narcotics & other quality of life issues.

There are some major marijuana grow operations in Northern Washington County & Iron County that are run by mexican cartels & have illegal immigrants tending to them, and I-15 thru Washington County is considered a major narcotic transportation pipeline between the Los Angeles area & the Northern US.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:19 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramcil View Post
I'M NO BIGGOT.
What is a 'BIGGOT' ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George