Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 AM

662 posts, read 1,048,591 times

Advertisements

I would REALLY avoid that place. Especially if taking the Metro. Terrible experiences there (at night at least).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 16,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
I would REALLY avoid that place. Especially if taking the Metro. Terrible experiences there (at night at least).
avoid debaliviere place as a whole or the metro stop?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 PM

3 posts, read 20,699 times
DenveriteinSt.Louis:
Having lived in the metro STL area all my life and spent much time in Denver for business, I can tell you unfortunately that I understand the rude awakening you have experienced. I was pleasantly surprised that the city was actually safe. Someone that lived there told me not to drive down Colfax at night. I did anyway, and couldnt understand what she was talking about, as it looked ok to me. Despite what some others have said, the truth about St. Louis is that the city is not safe except for areas like The Hill, Dogtown, and St. Louis Hills, but I still wouldnt live in any of those. These are single family home areas all south if I-64. "Sketchy" is not the appropriate word to describe areas north of Delmar. How about "war zone". The city of St. Louis is relatively small and mostly not safe, and the suburbs encompass most of the population and the safe areas of the metro area. I live in St. Charles which is 25 miles outside of downtown STL and it is a great place to raise a family. If I were you, and wish to live in a more urban trendy environment that is safe, I would consider Clayton or Maplewood. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:13 AM

70 posts, read 228,986 times
Denver and st Louis are almost impossible to compare. They are very different cities with very different histories. I've lived in st Louis (city) with no issues for years. My neighborhood has a lower per capita crime rate than even what would be considered very safe suburbs. I love it. If you want city living, there are lots of nice city neighborhoods. There are of course nice suburbs as well, particularly in st Louis county. Just depends what you're looking for. Don't let any "life long st louisan" scare you away from city living. I don't know why people that grew up here, in particular, have a tendency to do that.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,747,662 times
I think this should clear up any questions anyone has about the relative safety of St. Louis neighborhoods. It measures per-capita crimes, so essentially putting all neighborhoods on equal footing. As you can see, DeBalieviere Place is pretty far down on the list.

nextSTL | Understanding St. Louis: Total Crime Index, Violent Crimes and Property Crimes in City Neighborhoods

Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,340 times
Exclamation Double murder there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenveriteinStLouis View Post
I am going to grad school at Wash U and considering the Georgian Court Apartments on Kingsbury Ave in Debaliviere Place. The apartment looked great. I'm coming from Denver/Colorado Springs and the area especially around the Debaliviere Metro stop looked sketchy to say the least. Is the Debalievere area relatively safe? Is anyone familiar with Kingsbury Ave and/or the Georgian Apartments?

I just want to make sure I'm moving to a good location. I am a single woman living alone.
It is coming upon the murder of a mother and her four year old child there at 23 Washington Terrace , It was committed by Tommy Lynn Sells, and the house is now once again for sale. It's a pretty area, surrounded by danger that seeps in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis