Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 02:43 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,019,591 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Wife and I are planning a move across town (actually like 3.5 miles away) and we're looking at moving company's. We received quotes from "All My Sons", "Two Men and a Truck", and "Roadrunner". The roadrunner quote came in quite a bit less, but I don't know much about them, and it sounds like they'd be subbing it out as a third party job. Does anyone have any reviews of the company's listed above?

Price difference was about $300-400 cheaper with Roadrunner. They have good reviews nationally, but not much in the local area, so just lookin for opinions on any of the above, or any other company's that people have used.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 04:17 PM

42 posts, read 52,265 times
Several of our clients have used Goodfellas Moving recently and been very happy. We just got feedback today from one of our buyers about how much she liked their service. She said they were very fast but also careful and thorough. https://gfmovingcompany.com/

Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 664 times
Do not use roadrunner worst moving company ever!!! Not reliable I had so many issues they cancelled twice on the day u was supposed to move and never did get moved with them, ended up renting a uhaul

Old 11-21-2018, 09:19 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,019,591 times
We used RoadRunner, don't think I'll use them again. The worked hard, but they weren't overly cautious. Lost the key to my file cabinet, and put a small tear in a corner of our couch. They held true to their quote, and they were OUT OF HERE as soon as the time was up. I think they stopped for lunch on the day of the move, which was a pain. I get that they had worked for two hours prior to the move, and then they boxed up the truck and departed. I expected that I'd see them here at the new house, but they were no where to be found. A bit later, they come strolling up, and began unloading. And as stated, at two hours after they arrived, they were boxing that truck up and driving down the street.

I'm also not a fan of any company that you need to provide cash to. I mean, yes, you get an invoice. But the fact that it's cash only, not even check or card, or even paypal...just screams "we're using this business to clean our dirty money from xxx illegal activity" Just didn't give a great feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis