Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2021, 09:18 AM

14 posts, read 15,908 times

Advertisements

Greetings

My husband and doggie girl Luna have relocated to St Louis (or surrounding area) looking for a nice neighborhood that's diverse culturally, food and entertainment. We are on a shoestring budget at the moment and finding someplace that will accept my Luna (service dog) has been a challenge. We like to wander around and enjoy architecture but also peace and quiet. We're a one car family so access to public transport is also key.

Any suggestions? Not worried to be in the burbs if there's greenery to view. Thanks in advance and if this question has been posted and responded to recently (2021 and we have no kids so school districts are meaningless)please post the link in your response.

Sahara Blue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 10:57 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,512 times
Without knowing your exact budget and not being totally up on rent prices, I might suggest Maplewood. Nice walkable area with access to Metrolink. I'd say Central West End is exactly right, but expensive. Shrewsbury, perhaps. Not quite as diverse, but it is the terminus of the Metrolink and close to Webster, which has some great restaurants/shops too. U City is a maybe, south of Olive, closer to Delmar/south of Delmar if you are in the loop area. But I'm not sure on pricing and will be a lot of students from Wash U. Old Town St. Charles could be worth looking at, but it will be a miss on diversity and access to public transportation. Hopefully someone is more in tune with rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis