Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 07:13 AM

176 posts, read 522,742 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to St Louis and need advice on where to live...specifically, apartment names.

I am older but not ready for senior boring goupy apartments.

Criteria:

1. near public transport, library and supermarket (preferably Whole Foods)

2. easy to get to things - museums, music, theater, movies

3. S A F E - I don't want to fend off the homeless or worry

4. Prefer a highrise but open - can pay $600 a month - studio is fine

I've been looking and looking on all kinds of sites. A place looks good and then I go to the apartment reviews and find they are horrible.

thanks for your suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 07:59 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Richmond Heights or Clayton are definitely right up your alley, though unless you look at downtown Clayton (which I suspect is out of your price range) you won't find a high rise set up. Check out Craigslist, there are several good-looking listings for smaller complexes on there.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:05 AM

176 posts, read 522,742 times
Default thanks ,,,

I will check out Richmond Heights. Can't find anything in Clayton.

I know craigslist but no luck there either.

Thanks though

Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 AM

57 posts, read 186,880 times
Megonow, check out the apartments on Dale in Richmond Heights. The library and Community Center are on Dale near Hanley. We live in Richmond Heights, are an older couple, and find it very convenient to live here.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:00 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,804,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megonow View Post
Hi,

I am moving to St Louis and need advice on where to live...specifically, apartment names.

I am older but not ready for senior boring goupy apartments.

Criteria:

1. near public transport, library and supermarket (preferably Whole Foods)

2. easy to get to things - museums, music, theater, movies

3. S A F E - I don't want to fend off the homeless or worry

4. Prefer a highrise but open - can pay $600 a month - studio is fine

I've been looking and looking on all kinds of sites. A place looks good and then I go to the apartment reviews and find they are horrible.

thanks for your suggestions
Senior Independent Living facilities are not boring.

Check out U. City, Richmond Heights, Brentwood.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:07 PM

94 posts, read 324,712 times
I live west of the Botanical Garden, and north of Tower Grove Park in the BEST neighborhood I've ever lived in. Walking distance to both of these places
10 minute drive to Forest Park (St louis Zoo, art museum, the MUNY, and so much more).
Close to downtown, but my neighborhood is silent at night, with cops that patrol regularly around the neighborhood. Huge trees line the streets, and I constantly see people walking around without fear of getting creeped out by people. The neighborhood has a very liberal feel; many young adults, but right across the street from me are a couple who are probably in their late 50's, early 60's who walk their dog every night.
I have an amazing one bedroom apartment, hardwood floors, stained glas windows, huge front porch, and a garage. I pay $600.00, which is a steal compared to where I moved from.
Go to Craigslist and use a keyword search 'garden', and it should bring up aaprtments around the garden district (Or southwest garden neighborhood).
There are so many fantastic privately owned 4 family flats in the area, I wouldn't bother with big apartment complexes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis