Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Imo's Pizza: Your Opinions
Love it! 50 52.63%
Hate it! 26 27.37%
It's okay. 14 14.74%
I've never tried it 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:08 PM

80 posts, read 222,029 times

Advertisements

Imo's is vile. It's as if somebody got up one day and tried to make the most disgusting pizza possible. "Hey, let's put rubberized cheese on a stale, soggy cracker!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Aviator View Post
Imo's is vile. It's as if somebody got up one day and tried to make the most disgusting pizza possible. "Hey, let's put rubberized cheese on a stale, soggy cracker!"

And don't forget the sauce that screams an essence of transmission fluid...

Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Just read this thread. You guys crack me up with the 'hatred' of a food product. I have tried IMOs and it's okay. Too thick of a crust takes away from the toppings for me. Rather have the flavours of the meats and other toppings than the crust. Which just means that IMOs is okay.

Of course, I am not a pizza snob. Alex in Rolla, MO does have some of the very best pizza. Can't believe that I was in Rolla about a week ago and didn't stop there!..

But, getting back to IMOs....'hatred' of a food product is still humourous to me. To each his own and thank heavens for choices.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
I don't hate it. I'd just rather not eat it.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:27 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
I have no problem with IMO's. It's just average to me. Would be better w/o the provel. I do enjoy the STL style pizza ocassionally (doesn't have to be IMO's brand thoough).

Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,147 times
Imo's is straight up nasty. No other way to put it. Then again, I am blessed enough to have grown up in Connecticut.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:18 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Just read this thread. You guys crack me up with the 'hatred' of a food product. I have tried IMOs and it's okay. Too thick of a crust takes away from the toppings for me. Rather have the flavours of the meats and other toppings than the crust. Which just means that IMOs is okay.

Of course, I am not a pizza snob. Alex in Rolla, MO does have some of the very best pizza. Can't believe that I was in Rolla about a week ago and didn't stop there!..

But, getting back to IMOs....'hatred' of a food product is still humourous to me. To each his own and thank heavens for choices.

Rolla ! Yep, I love that town!!! And you are right, Alex's has great pizza

Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM

7 posts, read 53,691 times
Thumbs up St. Louis Pizza in Texas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xflyer95 View Post
Every 5 years that I make the trip to St Charles I never miss Pio's pizza ! Pizza in Texas is boring!
You are so right!! However, you will be happy to hear about a place in Allen, TX (about 20 miles north of Dallas), that specializes in St. Louis Pizza. Its called 5th Street Pizza and it was named that by the owner after Pios in St. Charles, which as we know is at the corner of 5th Street and First Capitol. The owner Jeff Gamache and his family are from St. Louis and they really know their stuff. They even serve Toasted Ravs and Gooey Butter Cake. You should check this place. Its a taste of HOME!! :-) Just google 5th Street Pizza and you can see the info.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:21 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
I have noticed that making fun of Imo's can really push the buttons of some people who are are native St. Louisans and who subscribe to the notion that Imo's is excellent food. All I have to do is mispronounce the name (I sometimes call it 'I'-mos instead of 'E'-mos) and you can just see the hair go up on the necks of the locals. I think it is this hair trigger reaction of pride and indignance that encourages non-believers to disparage the product. I witnessed the same thing when I lived in Cincinnati (anybody try Skyline or Goldstar? Not what most chili aficianaods would consider quality chili, but the locals swear it is better than any other style).

Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM

325 posts, read 851,116 times
The Morganford and Webster locations are owned by the same guy, and when we get Imo's its from one of these locations. We prefer Guido's St. Louis Style on the Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis