Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
We get our CBD products from Green Roads.
They’re in Florida, but they sell online to all 50 states. Not the cheapest, but very high quality.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 02:56 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
just ordered a bottle of CBD oil, was wondering how its used, as drops or a cream

Old 03-29-2019, 03:32 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
just ordered a bottle of CBD oil, was wondering how its used, as drops or a cream
Jambo, my wife is taking hers in gel caps. I have some friends who have taken it for a while and said it's a nasty taste, so we figured this way she wouldn't have to taste it. She's had hip and back pain for several years. She had a spinal stimulater put in her back a few years ago that helped with the pain but didn't get rid of it. The hemp oil does help ease the pain. She realized with everything wrong with her back and hips, nothing will get rid of all of it. Said it took a week or two for it to start working good, but said it's been worth it to her.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:47 AM

i'm getting a bottle of liquid CBD, i presume its a matter of ingesting a few drops per day?

Old 03-30-2019, 01:36 PM

Here it is =https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...psuyn4vyy1.jpg
Took a couple of drops and can say it tastes foul, no directions for use other than use for aromatherapy , im starting to think ive been hoodwinked.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:03 PM

A bit of research on the product confirms i've been had =
Quote:
The main description (CB2 WELLNESS: CBD Oil/Cannabidiol Activator) for this product is misleading. It would seem to indicate CBD Oil & Cannabidiol Activator but that is not the case. The term activator may be used loosely here at best.
I am not convinced there is any such thing as a 'CBD Oil' activator. Why would you need to 'activate' CBD oil with an additional 'activator' product? To read the headline for the product, a consumer might think this is CBD Oil but the fine print at bottom of the ad indicates it contains no CBD oil. Additionally, the product tastes similar turpentine and may not be intended for oral use.
$35 down the drain,so much for my brief foray into the world of supplements,nothing but snake oil.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:17 AM

2,480 posts, read 1,550,658 times
Update from OP?

Old 07-14-2019, 07:38 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Update from OP?
The answer is that I don't know. Prior to moving to a location where recreational mj is legal I ran out and felt a little less well w/r/t my osteoarthritis pain, but this is all so subjective it's not easy to tell.

For the poster who took a few drops and then declared it shake oil: you have to take a droppers' full (+/- 10 drops) twice a day for at least 2-3 weeks before feeling the effects, which include less pain, better sleep, sense of calm (perhaps). It's not magic, and it's gentler than conventional medicine.

As for the taste, it just tastes like fresh grass, which I don't find unpleasant. Don't be such a baby.

As far as non-working brands, there are certainly rip-offs out there, to be sure, from dishonest companies. As with any product. Thieves abound. The ideal place to buy it is a dispensary, not some online fly-by-night or drug store.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:49 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,143 times
Quote:
A bit of research on the product confirms i've been had =

$35 down the drain,so much for my brief foray into the world of supplements,nothing but snake oil.
• $35 is too little to pay, so you didn't buy good quality
• had you purchased good quality, you didn't take enough daily
• you didn't take it long enough to have experienced any benefit

Characteristics of a good quality CBD oil is, first of all, a company that is immediately accessible via phone or email, which offers explicit instructions for use. Friendly and in English. They should also offer discounts for veterans, low income and the disabled. They should have an extensive web page and Facebook presence with lots of customer feedback. And a real street address, never just a P.O. box.

If you can't talk to a real person over the phone, forget about it.

This is not like a pharmaceutical product. If you take two Ibuprofen you will feel the deadening of your pain within a few minutes, but the product is dangerous, particularly for use long term. Treatments alternative to pharmaceuticals take longer but are gentler and less harmful.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:34 PM

885 posts, read 1,166,910 times
Quote:
i'm getting a bottle of liquid CBD, i presume its a matter of ingesting a few drops per day?

I get mine from Nuleaf. They sent a sheet with it that lists some problems CBD oil helps and they make recommendations on the amount to use for a specific condition. Then you can adjust the amount as needed for YOU.They should also label the bottle with the mgs in each dose. Nuleaf has all their products at 50 mg / dose. A small 1 oz bottle is 1/2 dropper for 50 mg and their largest bottle is 1/3 dropper for 50 mg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements