Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:37 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,631 times

Advertisements

Please continue your updates OP. I'm desparate for something useful to offer my mum, nothing else is working anymore.

Funny you mentioned IF - I just started that last week LOL. I enjoyed the commentary of both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 05:48 PM

21,547 posts, read 8,729,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
No idea what you are talking about.
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is one of the active ingredients in the marijuana plant. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), it does not get you high. But it is reputed to have many health benefits. It reduces inflammation, calms seizures and eases pain. It also has neuroprotective properties (it can help protect the brain from Alzheimers). Though it is not psychoactive, some people find that CBD has relaxing side effects, and it has some promise as a treatment for autism and schizophrenia.

CBD can be legally shipped to all 50 states (although technically it is still Federally illegal because it comes from the marijuana plant). There are a lot of companies cashing in on the CBD craze, and not all products that are sold as "CBD oil" actually have the advertised amount of CBD in them. You have to be careful to buy from vendors that are reputable and not some random seller on Amazon.

Does CBD Work?

In addition to CBD oil, which is usually ingested under the tongue with a dropper, you can also buy CBD pain cream (which is applied topically) or buy it in capsules, CBD gummies, concentrates and CBD syrups or tinctures.

I have been using CBD products for two years now and have been pleased with the results. It helps me with anxiety and insomnia. My husband uses the capsules and the pain cream for his arthritic knees and back, and he says it really helps him, too.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:56 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Yes. I plan to start the grape seed ex and magnesium but didn't want to confuse affects with the CBD oil. So, one thing at a time.

I have a hard time relating to the phrase "and don't want to eat brownies and cookies laced with TCH.." But I'm an aging hippie (albeit a well-behaved, hard working one who practiced the violin three hours a day from childhood), and sounds yummy to me.

Unless I misunderstand, big pharma is very worried about cannabis, which will cost them billions. I never trusted their chemical concoctions and refused to take them.

THC is a chemical. As is CBD. And big pharma already owns a bunch of cannabis derivative/product patents.

Cannabis will basically have no impact on pharma profits - that's imagined. Most pro-cannabis lobbying (the actual $$) is by small pharma who want to make money from selling standardized cannabis extracts, vials etc etc. As for "not trusting" drugs which have been clinically tested - you can read the clinical tests for any drug before you take it. Your body doesn't know if a chemical comes from a plant or a factory. The molecule either has biological effects or it does not.

As for your "refusal" to take them, I guess you think that's something noble or I don't know what. I hope you don't die of a silly bacterial infection that could be cured by a 3 day course of antibiotics (chemicals) from big pharma.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:06 AM

107 posts, read 226,525 times
So many interesting varying opinions -

For me, I had heard about it for several months and FINALLY looked into it. Did a LOT of research of the different companies selling it. Decided to test it for myself and feel SO MUCH BETTER. After a bit of use I decided to become a rep for one of the companies. Happy to answer any of your questions. PM me for my link as I don't think I'm allowed to post it here....?

Old 07-22-2018, 01:05 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,909,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
THC is a chemical. As is CBD. And big pharma already owns a bunch of cannabis derivative/product patents.

Cannabis will basically have no impact on pharma profits - that's imagined. Most pro-cannabis lobbying (the actual $$) is by small pharma who want to make money from selling standardized cannabis extracts, vials etc etc. As for "not trusting" drugs which have been clinically tested - you can read the clinical tests for any drug before you take it. Your body doesn't know if a chemical comes from a plant or a factory. The molecule either has biological effects or it does not.

As for your "refusal" to take them, I guess you think that's something noble or I don't know what. I hope you don't die of a silly bacterial infection that could be cured by a 3 day course of antibiotics (chemicals) from big pharma.
You must think I'm an idiot. No, I'd take antibiotics and whatever else was necessary but, surely you agree, doctors sometime subscribe unnecessarily. That's what I'm referring to.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:49 PM

11,640 posts, read 12,712,586 times
My doctor recommended it. She gave me a website, but the website went down or something. What brands do you recommend?

Old 08-08-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
My doctor recommended it. She gave me a website, but the website went down or something. What brands do you recommend?

I am a rep for Hempworx - I firmly believe we have the purest and most potent product out there. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Would be more than happy to assist you.[mod cut - no soliciting]

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 08-09-2018 at 11:02 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I use Bluebird Botanicals. They're a very good company, IMO.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I use Bluebird Botanicals. They're a very good company, IMO.
I would encourage you to research further - not all CBD oils are created equally. Bluebird contains unnecessary ingredients. Black seed oil, olive oil, etc. If it has been effective for you, GREAT.

I am very conscientious of what I ingest since I was diagnosed with cancer and I have found the Hempworx brand to be the purest available - so much so that I decided to share it with others. You can direct message me for more information if you are interested.

Last edited by sjlcu; 08-09-2018 at 10:39 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlcu View Post
I would encourage you to research further - not all CBD oils are created equally. Bluebird contains unnecessary ingredients. Black seed oil, olive oil, etc. If it has been effective for you, GREAT.

I am very conscientious of what I ingest since I was diagnosed with cancer and I have found the Hempworx brand to be the purest available - so much so that I decided to share it with others. You can reach my website my adding a .com to the status under my name.
Yeah, but you're in that multilevel marketing and are not really a disinterested observer. You've already hit me up once on this and I think you should not be advertising here. The mods may have not seen your posts?

Now we're both probably in trouble. I own a business, too (for 20 years as of last year), based on internet marketing and I know better than to even mention it on CityData. I really don't know how you're getting away with it. Thousands of people read these forums. Hardly seems ethical.

Just my 2¢
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements