Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 7,316 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your response. I have stopped taking the krill oil, it was causing me to have an upset stomach and reflux constantly, even though I took it right after a meal. I'm going to do a bit more research and possibly try a better brand. Something was making me feel wierd.
Again, thank you.
Cj1958
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,672 times
I did a lot of daily kneeling for 28 years and suffered aching going up and down stars ,I take daily 1 tab of "natures bounty" fish oil 1200 mg /omega 3 and no more pain or cracking when I flex my knees I also take 1 tab of the same brand of Co q 10 200 mg.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,393 times
You should take VitalChoise Krill supplements. I take them and it makes me feel good... Even when I'm sad and depress and I take one it goes away fast. Never have a upset stomach before.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:26 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Krill Oil vs. Fish Oil Supplements | Consumer Reports

"Both fish-oil pills and krill-oil supplements supply the healthful omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. But there are differences. Krill oil comes from small crustaceans, not fatty fish, and typically contains more EPA. And unlike conventional fish-oil pills, krill oil’s omega-3s are linked to an antioxidant and other potentially beneficial substances called phospholipids, which sound appealing."

From Consumer Reports. It also says that Krill oil is better for arthritis pain and stiffness and that more research needs to be done. I took Krill oil for a while and saw no difference and I've taken Carlson's fish oil for years and it (or something) did lower my cholesterol. The article says that it depends upon what your body needs as to which oil you take.

As far as I'm concerned, I need to do more research on the benefits for myself and I think that is the case for most people. You need to find out which one your body needs.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Difference Between Krill Oil & Fish Oil | eHow.com

Another article. Apparently krill oil really is better for arthritis and to me, that's of interest based upon a recent diagnosis. It is said to support the immune system and to lower cholesterol. The fish oil is also said to lower cholesterol. Krill oil, however, is more expensive than the fish oil.

I don't know. Products come and go in and out of style and first one thing is beneficial then it's another. About all we can do is research and read and learn for ourselves. Most of us have more time to do this than our doctors.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 AM

1 posts, read 837 times
First of all, I suggest to avoid comparing Fish Oil vs Krill Oil directly. This is a scientific mistake. Krill has a different delivery system versus fish oil. Therefore, levels of Omega Fatty acids are less relevant. Key point is Krill contains powerful nutrients which Fish Oils do not. Our brains, mother's milk, each of cell membrane is made of these essential lipids. Fish Oil is good but is not exactly what we have in our bodies! I prefer using a supplement that is natural to the body.

[mod]too new to make recommendations[/mod]

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-24-2014 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: error

Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 AM

194 posts, read 252,222 times
Omega-3 and Heart Disease, if you have this or had a heart attack then a plant based omega 3 works much better than fish (or krill i would imagine) Viva! Health
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements