Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 05:48 AM

111 posts, read 267,070 times

Advertisements

I am taking a position with a company in Syracuse. From what I have seen and read I am really excited about the area. I will be moving from south Texas before the end of this month.

I will be moving into the Limestone Manor apartments in the town of Manlius. I have not been able to see any photographs of the area. Googlemaps does not have street view available in that area.

Is anybody familiar with those apartments and would you recommend them? I have not been able to find any information as far as ratings on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 05:56 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,760,139 times
Limestone Gardens is in a beautiful area... very convenient to two main roads that go into Syracuse and Route 481, which is only a few miles away. 481 leads to all of the area highways very quickly. Wegman's (THE grocery store) is just before the highway on ramps. Fayetteville Towne Center (Target, another grocery, chain restaurants and a few independent, banks, Starbuck's, the YMCA, Kohl's, etc.) is about a mile away.

I'm going out on errands today and will swing that way for pictures so you can see where you'll be living.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 AM

655 posts, read 2,328,492 times
Default Apartments Southeastern Suburbs=Fayetteville-Manlius-Cazenovia NY

Hello jgar477,

The following apartment complexes are nice apartments located in the southeastern Syracuse Suburbs. Please note that the traffic travelling into the Syracuse city area from these Suburbs on Routes 92 & 5 can be very heavy during rush hour periods.

Would you consider apartments in other Suburbs around Syracuse or do you definitely want to live in the above towns=Fayetteville-Manlius-Cazenovia? There are numerous very nice apartment complexes in other Suburbs which I can tell you about.

CRYSTAL TREE APARTMENTS
5400 Duguid Rd.
Fayetteville, NY 13066
www.crystaltreeapts.com/
www.crystaltreeapts.com/gallery.htm

SUBURBAN PARK APARTMENTS
100 Suburban Park Drive
Manlius, NY 13104
www.empiremgtco.com/apartmentDetails.php?id=2

ACADEMY PLACE AT VERBECK
4719 Kehoe Lane
Manlius, NY 13104
http://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-Y...eck-Apartments

CARRIAGE GARDEN APARTMENTS
Carriage House Circle
Cazenovia, NY 13035
www.empiremgtco.com/apartmentDetails.php?id=4

Please let me know if you would like my suggested apartments located in other Suburbs around Syracuse; I'd be glad to help you.

grdnrman

Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned: post you were quoting/replying to has been deleted

To the OP - I'm not familiar at all with those apts and as you said, nothing is even coming up in Google. But Manlius is a great area to be in... I do head down that way at least a few times a month.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 08-18-2011 at 05:12 PM..

Old 08-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Thank you everybody for your responses. Proulxfamily, if you can take those pictures that would be great! grdnrman I will check out those other apartments you posted. What is it about Limestone that you don't like? I haven't signed anything yet so I am definetely open to suggestions or recommendations. Ultimately I am looking for a safe place that isn't too noisy. Thanks again!

Old 08-06-2011, 03:50 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
Since he stated the apartment complex he is moving to, I think the OP is all set.
Actually, I'm wondering how the OP is set if he/she hasn't seen what the apartments look like?

Here's some information I found for those apartments: Limestone Gardens in Manlius, New York - Section 8 Housing Descriptions & Ratings, New York, Onondaga

Here's a good apartment guide for the area: Syracuse Apartment Rentals | Syracuse NY Apartment Finder

Manlius Apartments for Rent | Manlius NY Apartment Finder

Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM

655 posts, read 2,328,492 times
Default Multiple choices are best before you make your final decision.

Hello jgar477,

jgar477, I gave you several possible apartment complexes so you could research/see photos of all the apartment complexes and then make a more informed decision about where you want to live. I could have also posted photos & information I have about Limestone but I didn't want to do that since someone else had already promised to do that for you. .. jgar477, I hope that you did not mind the additional information & photos I posted for You regarding the other apartment complexes. I feel that numerous possible choices are always preferable to just one single choice; a single choice is actually "take it or you have no alternative"=you're sort of "STUCK" with it. When I buy a new vehicle, I want to see/drive/research many makes & models to see which one is best for my needs. With an apartment, you're going to spend a lot of your life/time there and so you want the best apartment for your tastes, convenience, and requirements.

Perhaps the person who promised you info & photos of Limestone can supply you with in-depth information about that apartment complex. There is also a reviews and ratings internet site written by current & former tenants regarding their experiences living at Limestone. You can check those sources for additional Limestone info.

Any time I can help you with additional information, feel free to ask.

I hope your relocation to Metro Syracuse goes smoothly/well for you. Best of luck in your new job. Welcome to Syracuse.

grdnrman

Old 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Sorry I'm late on the pictures... there are several Limestone-something complexes and I had the wrong one in my head anyhow... lots of nooks and crannies, here in Fayetteville/Manlius. lol - I'm heading out shortly and will post pics of the CORRECT one tonight. (Ohhhh- what a waste of taking pictures of two complexes and the surrounding areas yesterday, both wrong. haha)

Old 08-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Limestone Gardens is in a beautiful area... very convenient to two main roads that go into Syracuse and Route 481, which is only a few miles away. 481 leads to all of the area highways very quickly. Wegman's (THE grocery store) is just before the highway on ramps. Fayetteville Towne Center (Target, another grocery, chain restaurants and a few independent, banks, Starbuck's, the YMCA, Kohl's, etc.) is about a mile away.

I'm going out on errands today and will swing that way for pictures so you can see where you'll be living.
I was thinking of Wildwood Ridge in the above post... so sorry.

And then I took pics of Limestone Gardens on the way back... also wrong. I was confused because I'd always thought it was a nursing home - an assumption that was reinforced by all the seniors sitting outside in their chairs lol - but hey, whatever. :P

In searching for Limestone MANOR apartments, I see nothing listed definitively... but there are two places in the village - smaller than typical complexes - that it could be. I'll check them out this afternoon and post pictures tonight.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Hi proulxfamily. The exact location is 115 W. Pleasent. From the aerial photos I have seen online it looks like a nice area but they don't have street view available.

Thank you for taking time out to take photographs for a complete stranger. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Everybody I have made contact with in Syracuse has been really nice its unbelievable. I hope everybody is like that once I'm over there. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area