Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 AM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
Thank you to all that answered.

I wasn't as specific as I should have been. I'm sorry I wasn't.

My families needs would be a 1,900+ sq ft detached home not in a subdivision. I guess the maximum property taxes we could afford would be around $4,700.

From what it seems house prices are within our range but property/school taxes or not.

PS: My parents health conditions have worsen and from what I've read a cancer hospital is being built in Syracuse.

Once again many thanks.
Keep in mind that the taxes posted aren't necessarily what you pay and you may qualify for property tax exemptions besides STAR/Enhanced STAR if 65 and over, that would decrease the amount that you would have to pay. I'll post some homes that fit the criteria, if I see them.

These could work: CNYHomes - 104 Schoeck Ave Syracuse 13203

CNYHomes - 117 Brown Street Elbridge 13060

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-27-2014 at 05:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM

42 posts, read 119,434 times
Thank you to ckhthankgod and everyone.

I am undergoing the worst time in my life as my parents who were always healthy have been very sick since the new year started. We made the mistake of moving to a small town where most people grew up with each other, went to school together, are friends with members of the local sheriff's dept and hate people from New York. We have faced 13 years of harassment. We thought it would be the last move of our lives.

I've read a new cancer hospital is being building in Syracuse so we are considering it if and when my parents are well. We would have to sell our present residence and move across country.

One other question how expensive are utilities (natural gas, electric, heating oil, gasoline) around Syracuse.

many thanks

Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 PM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times
If that is the case, then I'm not sure if the second listing would work as it is a village in a more rural setting.

Yes, there is a Cancer Center being built by Upstate Medical Center: Welcome | Upstate Cancer Center | SUNY Upstate Medical University

For utilities, you can get on a budget plan with National Grid: https://www.nationalgridus.com/masse...udget_plan.asp and OCWA is the Water Company: OCWA | Central New York’s Water Authority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area