Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:54 PM

93,385 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
thanks, does anyone know what districts near syracuse go to 6th grade in the elementary level? thanks
I know many schools in the Syracuse City SD go from K-8 now on the East side of town. I believe others go k-6, but check the school out. Liverpool has elementary schools that go from K-6, with Donlin Drive Elementary going from Pre K-6:Liverpool Central School District schools, Liverpool - NY: charter and public schools. Liverpool school district - Liverpool NY school district (http://www.greatschools.net/schools.page?district=360&lc=e&state=NY - broken link)

Tully is another district that goes from K-6 in it's elementary school:Tully Central School District schools, Tully - NY: charter and public schools. Tully school district - Tully NY school district (http://www.greatschools.net/schools.page?district=633&state=ny - broken link)

LaFayette is also goes from K-6 in it's elementary school too:Lafayette Central School District schools, Lafayette - NY: charter and public schools. Lafayette school district - Lafayette NY school district

Morrisville-Eaton in Madison County also goes from K-6:Morrisville-Eaton Central School District schools, Morrisville - NY: charter and public schools. Morrisville school district - Morrisville NY school district

Fulton in Oswego County has K-6 in all of their elementary schools:Fulton City School District schools, Fulton - NY: charter and public schools. Fulton school district - Fulton NY school district

Oswego as well:Oswego City School District schools, Oswego - NY: charter and public schools. Oswego school district - Oswego NY school district

Moravia in Cayuga County fits the bill too:Moravia Central School District schools, Moravia - NY: charter and public schools. Moravia school district - Moravia NY school district

Here's more on the districts:Liverpool Central School District

Tully School District

LaFayette School District

Morrisville - District Home

Fulton City Schools

Oswego City School District - Oswego, New York 13126

Moravia School District

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 04:55 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,901 times
thank you so much moved to Florida from LI last year and hate it! Long Island is way to expensive that is why we are looking at Syracuse, been there a lot and love it.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
thank you so much moved to Florida from LI last year and hate it! Long Island is way to expensive that is why we are looking at Syracuse, been there a lot and love it.
Do you have kids and if so, what are the ages and interests? I ask because there might be another school district that might fit them better than the ones I just named.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:48 PM

I have 5 children my daughter is 19 and developmentally delayed, I spoke with Liverpool concerning her needs and they gave me the green light! My others are 10,7, then I have twins that are 5, They play soccer and lacrosse and my little daughter attends dance, the 7 and 10 year old are very interested in band. Thanks again for all the information and help!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I have 5 children my daughter is 19 and developmentally delayed, I spoke with Liverpool concerning her needs and they gave me the green light! My others are 10,7, then I have twins that are 5, They play soccer and lacrosse and my little daughter attends dance, the 7 and 10 year old are very interested in band. Thanks again for all the information and help!
Yeah, Liverpool is a good choice. they usually have thefunding for many programs and is a pretty big suburban district with about 8500 students. That's actually down from what it used to be, which was in the 10,000-11,000 student range back about 20 years ago. Nice area and with plenty of things right there.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM

thanks!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM

18 posts, read 84,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazmama View Post
Consider Cazenovia area...it's quaint & on a lake. Its also 15-20 minutes away from a wonderful YMCA and has a terrific school district. Quite a few restaurants too!

Good luck.
No way Caz is fifteen minutes. Especially in Winter. How do you go?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 AM

18 posts, read 84,844 times
Anyone mention Skaneateles. Beautiful village and lake, Nicest in the area in my opinion. Best school district too. Skaneateles Area Chamber Of Commerce - HOME

Baldwinsville river front is also really nice if you are looking for boating options. Great school district as well. WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE OF BALDWINSVILLE

Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK_Bville View Post
Anyone mention Skaneateles. Beautiful village and lake, Nicest in the area in my opinion. Best school district too. Skaneateles Area Chamber Of Commerce - HOME

Baldwinsville river front is also really nice if you are looking for boating options. Great school district as well. WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE OF BALDWINSVILLE
but the OP wanted a district with K-6 elementary schools.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 PM

How is Layfayette, saw a nice home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area