Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:54 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,761,239 times

Advertisements

And being able to WALK home from a night at The Cobblestone with friends is a gift, in and of itself! :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
And being able to WALK home from a night at The Cobblestone with friends is a gift, in and of itself! :P
Oh yes, done this numerous times as it's only a few blocks from my apartment!

The biggest thing I missed about Hawaii was being able to walk everywhere (I lived right behind Waikiki). That's why I was so determined to move to the Village where I know I could get around on foot

Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Yes, in and right near the village of Liverpool would be a perfect fit.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 AM

655 posts, read 2,328,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alm8500 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on moving to Syracuse in about a month for a new job and was wondering if anyone could offer some good advise on where to live. I am looking to live in a safe neighborhood, If anyone could offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Amy
More info for you.

Cicero >>>
http://cicero-newyork.olx.com/cobble...e-iid-44549518

Liverpool >>>
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/hou...r-rent-cat-363

To see the street location of any property, click on this link line and enter the appropariate information. Then click om "GET MAP".
www.mapblast.com/

Search anything >>>
http:www.olx.com/

That's it for today.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,194 times
TW3808, check out Jamesville/Dewitt school district.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:35 PM

[QOTE=7165red;17623773]TW3808, check out Jamesville/Dewitt school district.[/quote]

A couple of really good SD with some affordable homes are West Genesee and Westhill. It is possible to find homes around 100k in both districts. If affordable is 125k, you can find something in just about any SD.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM

104 posts, read 214,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW3808 View Post
I am moving to Syracuse, NY with my job. I am married and have a young son and daughter. I would like to move in a good school district (Elementary School) with alot of kids activities. Do you have any recommendation? Please recommend an affordable area, if you can.
Thanks a million
I moved here about 6 months ago with my 3 kids (husband's job transfer). We looked at the J-D area and F-M area. We bought a house in Manlius (F-M). The schools are very good and I think you would be happy with them. The elementary school (Enders Rd.) is very active and has lots of family nights etc... You can't go wrong in Manlius.

I'm not sure what you want to spend on a house, but in general housing is very reasonable but watch out for the property/school tax. CNYhomes.com is a good place to look for houses because you just plug in the school district you are interested in. During my research, the outstanding school districts in the area were F-M, J-D, and Baldwinsville. I know West Genesee is good and so is Westhill.

If you read some of the other threads on where to live some of these guys give so much helpful information. Best of luck to you.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM

8 posts, read 14,094 times
I agree with CTwoman about school districts. For a little insider info from someone who went to FM not to long ago: if you want your kids to be really into academics and get into great colleges, and care almost as much about sports, choose FM. if you want your kids to be serious about sports and have that be their number one, choose West Genny. For equal weight on sports and academics, but not stand out as #1 in either, choose JD or Bville. That is how us kids viewed our schools

Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,833 times
Hi everyone, I am planning on moving to the North Syracuse area for change of life reasons, would like to live within half mile of Oneida Lake and closer to the 81. I am wondering if anyone could suggest nice naturey safe and affordable (single income) area to live...and am also wondering about the retail management job market out there? As i will have to find work as well. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmid View Post
Hi everyone, I am planning on moving to the North Syracuse area for change of life reasons, would like to live within half mile of Oneida Lake and closer to the 81. I am wondering if anyone could suggest nice naturey safe and affordable (single income) area to live...and am also wondering about the retail management job market out there? As i will have to find work as well. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
I'd say that older parts of the town of Cicero could work. Would you be renting at first or are you looking to buy right away? If you don't mind a complex, Cobblestone Square may work. There may be something in the Bridgeport area of Cicero too. This may help in terms of jobs: Retail Store Management jobs in Syracuse, NY - Indeed Mobile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area