Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 PM

23 posts, read 33,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphacoyle View Post
T&C was starting to get that way 20yrs ago but Twelve Oaks was still unaffected. Even Brandon is getting full of mexicans, just in the past year, and there's trash everywhere where they just toss it out of their cars, grrr! It used to be so clean too.
kindly tell me what neighborhood you live in so I know not to go there for fear of being lynched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 AM

66 posts, read 97,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
kindly tell me what neighborhood you live in so I know not to go there for fear of being lynched.
lol implying you could get past the security guard...

Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 AM

184 posts, read 244,469 times
NewPost: houses in real Temple Terrace, not surrounding areas, start around 80K, then go up to even around 450K or so. Nice size lot and within city limits. Your 50k could get a very low mtg though. There are some "bargains" nearby, around 65K, but neighborhood would have to be checked out first. Maybe a foreclosre would help, we have TONS in Tampa. I know of condo's for under 25k, but not sure if they have HOA fees. Go on Zillow.com , its a real estate site and you can see all kinds of help for looking. You can bring up prices in an area, specific houses, homes sold, etc. Not sure IF this forum allows "contact" between posters, but if they do I wouldn't mind you contacting me. I will check that out. Good luck, deb.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 AM

23 posts, read 33,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitch21 View Post
lol implying you could get past the security guard...
lol!

Seriously, I'm in utter disbelief of the complete ridiculous of some of the comments. As a person of color, I get it, there are bad representitives of my race that make good people like myself look bad. But dear residents of Tampa and Florida in general, as a New Yorker by way of Boston, there are plenty of people up north here that think a bunch of you are just a bunch of trailer park, mountain dew drinking, poor white trash. I'm bi-racial so i've seen the best and worst of both worlds and I'm not going to stand for such ridiculous broad generalizations.

Can't wait to buy some property around some "Mexicants" fix it up nice and charge triple the rent to some white folks with no vision to see the potential.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM

66 posts, read 97,716 times
Quote:
lol!

Seriously, I'm in utter disbelief of the complete ridiculous of some of the comments. As a person of color, I get it, there are bad representitives of my race that make good people like myself look bad. But dear residents of Tampa and Florida in general, as a New Yorker by way of Boston, there are plenty of people up north here that think a bunch of you are just a bunch of trailer park, mountain dew drinking, poor white trash. I'm bi-racial so i've seen the best and worst of both worlds and I'm not going to stand for such ridiculous broad generalizations.

Can't wait to buy some property around some "Mexicants" fix it up nice and charge triple the rent to some white folks with no vision to see the potential.
lol ok have fun, in the meantime I must chime my butler as I am doing white people stuff like throwing away pounds of caviar after having one spoonful...cheers

Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,439 times
Default Thank you, Debnova

Thank you, debnova, for the info. I was looking for someone who lives in Tampa to give me a lead on the prices for real estate in a safe location and you did. The problem with the online web sites (Zillow, Traula, etc..) is that you do not know the actual area if you have not been in that place. But your post gave me a good idea on what to look for. All conds should have HOA if they are worth buying. No one will take care of the common area if there is no fee. So I would assume that 25k condos are cheap because of the fee but that should not be a problem. Thank you also for your offer to help. My email is ksiddikca at hot mail dot com. All the best.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,047,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2020 View Post
Crime, how the neighborhood looks, how the community is, if ts safe of dangerous, etc.
That too broad of a question.

Crime in terms of murder , assault ,robbery ,weapons ,gun ,shooting. Or crime in terms of theft ,stealing , shoplifting ,drunks , drug up people ,drugs ,street hookers , public drinking ,people hanging out.

What kind of neighborhood? Middle class neighborhood? wealthy neighborhood or working class neighborhood?

A neighborhood with young people or neighborhood with older people.

I hear Florida and very much so the City of Tampa ,Hillsborough County and Pinellas County there is lot of social problems of people drinking in public , people drunk , people loitering , people hanging out in front of their house drinking .

Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,047,843 times
Quote:
lol!

You are generalizing I'm sure not all of Florida is like that.Not every neighborhood or street.

Just point areas for OP to stay out off like that and not be generalizing all of Florida.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM

63 posts, read 302,574 times
I don't know which neighborhood I'd suggest. I live in South Riverview and am happy with it. I moved from Sunrise Florida. I lived in Temple Terrace and honestly would not recommend it.. Turn right on 56 and Busch and I have seen crimes occur there on the side streets. Brandon has horrible access roads to it's mall, the traffic is horrendous even on Saturdays. Temple Terrace touts itself as an amazing city, it is not. Compared to Sunrise, Plantation, florida it's services are horrible. The schools are in fine neighborhoods but as blight has crept in from Tampa on the west the schools are pretty bad.

Temple Terrace has some lovely neighborhoods in Riverhills but they are overshadowed by the traffic on main roads. The rec centers and public facilities are laughable. Temple Terrace constantly cries broke, but I mean really broke. The upside, in the midst of Tampa's blight some good places to eat like Brocattos deviled crabs and some wonderful restaurants in Ybor. North of 56th Temple Terrace goes for about one block but it is full of old homes and apartments. Simple fact, Temple Terrace may think it is upscale, it is not a very nice place to live. I built a new home on acreage in south Hillsborough and am happy with it. the house in Temple Terrace is rented out and on the market. Beautiful homes, third rate town, wouldn't move back.

As for USF. You can't see it and not be impressed. I have a daughter and son there and one son at Southeastern.

My only issue with south Hillsborough is the trailers. If you like anything but Applebee's forget Riverview! I was transferred here in 2009 after being in Dade?Broward since 1971.
Sorry for the late post, just happened on yours. Just calling it from experience

Old 09-25-2013, 01:47 PM

35,674 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I can't get into this discussion because low level crimes or some violent crimes are commited in "DA city"- but financial / white collar crimes/ high drugs seizures/ human trafficking/ public trust and violations fiduciary resposibility etc. are commited in the nice neighborhoods. But you all don't care about that, unless you get ripped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay